2%
Lotus Flower
2%

Total votes: 505

GucciLittlePiggy
Unquestionable Presence

Favorite Radiohead Songs

Post by GucciLittlePiggy »

I felt the "poll creations" board was underused, so I thought it might be fun to see which songs by a beloved artist on the forum are our favorites. I simply included the top twenty most acclaimed songs on AM.
I just wanted to be one of those ghosts
You thought that you could forget
And then I haunt you via the rear view mirror
On a long drive from the back seat...
Henrik
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Radiohead Songs

Post by Henrik »

Great idea! We could do this for lots of artists. Perhaps all the artists with at least 20 songs on AM, to start with.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

I think it's a great idea, too. Although, like our weekly AMF chart, I did limit my votes to 5, since voting for half of the 20 songs seemed to be a little too much for me personally. I'd prefer to keep it to my absolute favorites. (Especially since a few of my favorites, like "Climbing Up the Walls," aren't very acclaimed and didn't make the list.)
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

At least half of my favourite songs by Radiohead are not in this list, unfortunately. Songs like Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, You and Whose Army?, Exit Music, Sit Down. Stand Up and All I Need.
Chambord
Let's Get It On

Post by Chambord »

Exit Music (For a Film) should have definitely been there.
GucciLittlePiggy
Unquestionable Presence

If this poll was presented after the update, the only difference would be the inclusion of "My Iron Lung" and the exclusion of "Nude". I think the former is better suited for a list of the top twenty Radiohead songs. Aside from being one of my favorite tracks off The Bends, it's one of my favorite guitar-driven tracks of theirs (and my #359 on the all-time songs poll).

Also, I really enjoy "No Surprises," but I'm always surprised ;) at the reception it gets. It has the most votes in this poll and I expect it to breach the top 1000 on AM sooner or later. Anyone who included it among their favorites care to discuss their love for it?

And for anyone who wants to discuss their favorite Radiohead songs, please feel free! I'm trying to lively up this board a bit.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

GucciLittlePiggy wrote:Also, I really enjoy "No Surprises," but I'm always surprised ;) at the reception it gets. It has the most votes in this poll and I expect it to breach the top 1000 on AM sooner or later. Anyone who included it among their favorites care to discuss their love for it?
Not my most favorite Radiohead song (that goes to "Fake Plastic Trees"), not even the best in OK Computer (Karma Police, Paranoid Android, Exit Music are better IMHO) but I also really enjoy "No Surprises" (that shows how excellent OK Computer is). The lullaby-like melody is so beautiful in its simplicity. Not to be outdone, the lyrics likewise gets your attention (themes of desperation, resignation, suicidal tendencies perhaps?). Blend the two together, it suggests eternal sleep, an escape from all the worries and cares.
GucciLittlePiggy
Unquestionable Presence

Dexter wrote:Not my most favorite Radiohead song (that goes to "Fake Plastic Trees"), not even the best in OK Computer (Karma Police, Paranoid Android, Exit Music are better IMHO) but I also really enjoy "No Surprises" (that shows how excellent OK Computer is). The lullaby-like melody is so beautiful in its simplicity. Not to be outdone, the lyrics likewise gets your attention (themes of desperation, resignation, suicidal tendencies perhaps?). Blend the two together, it suggests eternal sleep, an escape from all the worries and cares.
Thanks for the response, Dexter. I agree the beautiful melody paired with the shocking lyrics really adds to the song. I guess I'm just surprised it is the third most acclaimed song from OK Computer. That record is just so chock-full of amazing songs that "No Surprises" ranks as one of the least great, in my opinion.
veganvalentine
Wannabe

Post by veganvalentine »

Some of my other favorites are Planet Telex, (Nice Dream), Subterranean Homesick Alien (probably my second favorite Radiohead song after Paranoid Android), and Daydreaming.
paul t. alexander
I'm New Here

Post by paul t. alexander »

Knives out (Amnesiac, 2001)
no good deed goes unpunished

Return to “Poll creations”