Top 30 Queen Songs
No votes

Total votes: 18

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

What should our next list be?

Post by StevieFan13 »

Everybody vote!
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Pierre
Into the Groove

Re: What should our next list be?

Post by Pierre »

Same vote, same rationale as last week!
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Time for another tie-breaker!
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

If Women in Music wins, I hope that we can have very clear standards for which songs would fit (and not fit) under this umbrella. Cause from right now, I have no idea what that even means.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

prosecutorgodot wrote:If Women in Music wins, I hope that we can have very clear standards for which songs would fit (and not fit) under this umbrella. Cause from right now, I have no idea what that even means.
I've considered just having it be songs with women as the lead singer, but I also think I might count bands with female members but male lead singers (i.e. Talking Heads, Velvet Underground, Smashing Pumpkins), but only if the song is a good display of the female musician's abilities. And Bono doesn't count as a woman.
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

StevieFan13 wrote: I've considered just having it be songs with women as the lead singer, but I also think I might count bands with female members but male lead singers (i.e. Talking Heads, Velvet Underground, Smashing Pumpkins), but only if the song is a good display of the female musician's abilities.
That's subjective, don't you think? And that begs the question, what's the rubric for a good "woman" song?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

prosecutorgodot wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote: I've considered just having it be songs with women as the lead singer, but I also think I might count bands with female members but male lead singers (i.e. Talking Heads, Velvet Underground, Smashing Pumpkins), but only if the song is a good display of the female musician's abilities.
That's subjective, don't you think? And that begs the question, what's the rubric for a good "woman" song?
It's a list. It's destined to be subjective. And a good "woman" song is, simply put, a song by a woman, with emphasis on songs about women's lib (Respect, You Don't Own Me, etc.). Just a salute to the greatest female musicians ever.
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

StevieFan13 wrote:
prosecutorgodot wrote:
It's a list. It's destined to be subjective. And a good "woman" song is, simply put, a song by a woman, with emphasis on songs about women's lib (Respect, You Don't Own Me, etc.). Just a salute to the greatest female musicians ever.
Should we focus on songs about women's liberation then, or stay general?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

prosecutorgodot wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
prosecutorgodot wrote: That's subjective, don't you think? And that begs the question, what's the rubric for a good "woman" song?
Should we focus on songs about women's liberation then, or stay general?
Both! But extra points to the women's lib songs.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

The vote is tied again!
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

StevieFan13 wrote:The vote is tied again!
Stevie, I would like to suggest that you save the Women in Music poll for later, and make it a major poll. It's a good idea, even if it needs a little work, but it's too big. Do the poll at a later time.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

babydoll wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:The vote is tied again!
Stevie, I would like to suggest that you save the Women in Music poll for later, and make it a major poll. It's a good idea, even if it needs a little work, but it's too big. Do the poll at a later time.
Alright. Since it's tied with the Smiths list, that's what we'll probably do next.
Neil
Different Class

Post by Neil »

Sorry, I created a tie again. ha ha The women in music poll is very intriguing and one worth exploring to the fullest extent with so many possibilities. However, I voted for the Smiths poll. Please forgive me. Both are due!
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

May I add "Greatest break-up songs" to the possible polls. :happy-partydance:
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

prosecutorgodot wrote:May I add "Greatest break-up songs" to the possible polls. :happy-partydance:
You may indeed. And I think that "women in music" list may come sooner than expected, being Women's History Month and all.

Return to “Poll creations”