Long recommendation threads: Embedded videos or links?

Embedded videos or links?

Embedded videos should be encouraged, they are easier to view/more fun
6%
Embedded videos should be allowed. It's good if most people post links but everyone should have the right to decide.
38%
Links only. This should be mentioned in the top of the threads.
56%

Total votes: 16

Henrik
Site Admin

Long recommendation threads: Embedded videos or links?

Post by Henrik »

Threads like the recommendation of the 90s with lots of embedded videos get heavy if you don't have a very good internet connection. Should we use embedded youtube videos or just links to youtube pages in future recommendation threads?

Let me know if you have a better fourth option.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Re: Long recommendation threads: Embedded videos or links?

Post by Gillingham »

I just visited the 90s poll recommendation thread. And although I really like the concept of it, the first page is way to heavy because of all the embedded videos. It's even a reason for me not to visit the thread, unfortunately. Links are just as useful and way more friendly to those of us who don't have a brand new machine. Just my two cents.
Dan
Movin' On Up

Re: Long recommendation threads: Embedded videos or links?

Post by Dan »

Initially I opted for the "everyone should have the right to decide" vote (in other words, my usual equal rights, left-wing vote). But then I clicked on the Best Albums of 2012 thread and my fairly slow computer struggled to cope. As much as I love Romain's embedded videos in that thread, they are making my computer feel tired. Same thing happens when I click on the 90s recommendations thread. So I've changed my vote to the "embedded videos are a pain in the arse, and not the pleasant kind" option. Everyone should be able to post and view recommendations without feeling the urge to throw their computer out the window. So links only... pretty please.
...will keep us together.

Return to “Poll creations”