Best LCD Soundsystem Album?

What is your favorite LCD Soundsystem Album?

LCD Soundsystem
9%
Sound of Silver
55%
This Is Happening
36%
American Dream
No votes

Total votes: 22

Holden
Never Going Back Again

Best LCD Soundsystem Album?

Post by Holden »

Hi all! Figured I'd help put this simple poll creation thread to use by throwing in a new question regarding my favorite band, LCD Soundsystem!
So what's your favorite of their four albums? No deadline, just sort of a fun thing to check up on, and maybe spawn discussion.
Last edited by Holden on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Re: Best LCD Soundsystem Album?

Post by Nick »

Sound of Silver > This Is Happening >> LCD Soundsystem >>>> American Dream

Just my opinion though.
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

I'd say as a whole, Sound of Silver is more cohesive, but I enjoy This Is Happening's songs more individually. I regularly listen to most of the songs on that album, but on Sound of Silver I often listen to the whole record all the way through. LCD Soundsystem is pretty good but I'd say American Dream is probably better.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
Cold Butterfly
Different Class

Post by Cold Butterfly »

I know that Sound Of Silver is considered by many to be LCD Soundsystem’s masterpiece, but for me, This Is Happening has to take the cake as the band’s greatest. It’s their most musically varied album, with elements of dance-punk, new wave, synth-pop, and disco all thrown in the mix. Lyrically, it also shows James Murphy at his most colorful yet - his absurdity and humor transfer into somberness in the flash of a second, and he is not afraid to go into stream-of-consciousness excercises, which add to the album’s spontaneity. His use of irony and satire are also highlights, as well as his several moments of self-critique. It’s an album which is made to be chaotic and adventurous - a fun album which remains serious, and a serious album which never manages to be boring. That’s why I think This Is Happening is their best album.
Demi
I'm New Here

Post by Demi »

For me, LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver is a masterpiece of electronic music. It is a complex and layered album that blends dance, pop, and rock influences to create a unique and unforgettable sound. The album is full of catchy melodies, thought-provoking lyrics, and innovative production.
Demi
I'm New Here

Post by Demi »

I like it because its ability to balance dance music with more introspective and emotional moments.geometry dash lite:music-listening:

Return to “Poll creations”