EOY 2014 forum?

Henrik
Site Admin

EOY 2014 forum?

Post by Henrik »

I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to create a special forum for EOY 2014. Do you agree?
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
JR
Rust Never Sleeps

Re: EOY 2014 forum?

Post by JR »

May be a good idea. As there are so many of them, they often push non-EOY list posts, to quote an Elvis Presley song, way down. :P
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Yes, that would be more convenient !
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

This seems like a good place to confirm that I will do the EOY albums spreadsheet again this year. Henrik, unless you've tweaked the formula, I'll just copy and clear the 2013 sheet to use for this year's lists. Let me know.
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

Of course. Good idear.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

OK, the EOY 2014 forum is up (and I moved this topic here).
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Harold wrote:This seems like a good place to confirm that I will do the EOY albums spreadsheet again this year. Henrik, unless you've tweaked the formula, I'll just copy and clear the 2013 sheet to use for this year's lists. Let me know.
Thanks Harold!!!!! No tweaked formula this year.
irreduciblekoan
Different Class

Post by irreduciblekoan »

The lack of Run Thee Jewels 2 (so far) surprises me. And the lists have included other hip hop, so it isn't like the sources so far don't like the genre. On the other hand, I am happy that A Winged Victory For the Sullen has made it on three of the lists.

Yes I know it's super early and the lists so far aren't any indication of what will be high or low on the spreadsheet RTJ2 will end up garnering many mentions, I'm sure. I am only hoping that A Winged Victory for the Sullen continues to do well.
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

irreduciblekoan wrote:The lack of Run Thee Jewels 2 (so far) surprises me. And the lists have included other hip hop, so it isn't like the sources so far don't like the genre. On the other hand, I am happy that A Winged Victory For the Sullen has made it on three of the lists.

Yes I know it's super early and the lists so far aren't any indication of what will be high or low on the spreadsheet RTJ2 will end up garnering many mentions, I'm sure. I am only hoping that A Winged Victory for the Sullen continues to do well.
Well, not only is it super early, but only two sources posted so far are actually eligible for the spreadsheet (Decibel and Revolver) - the rest are record stores, which Henrik ruled ineligible last year. I'm sure RTJ2 will do extremely well.

(As a side note, it's possible that record-store staffers might not be particularly kind to an album like RTJ2 that was initially made available for free.)

Return to “EOY 2014”