Acclaimed Books

jimmyj
Strange Fruit

Acclaimed Books

Post by jimmyj »

The one thing I love just as much if not more than music is books. I wonder if there is a site similar to Acclaimed Music out there with a focus on books. Has anyone come across such a site yet? http://thegreatestbooks.org/
This is as close as I have found but doesnt seem to be updated regularly and since 2010. Thoughts? Would anyone here love a similar site focused on books?
Blanco
Rust Never Sleeps

Re: Acclaimed Books

Post by Blanco »

I looked for similar sites and have not found one that achieves what AM does with music, for example. I think that with enough work and global lists and data, it is possible to achieve a good quality list. We just need to take the first step. Who knows, maybe one of us. Anyone? :D
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

Good question, but there is a more suitable subforum on here for topics like books.
Actually, this very question has been asked already and there is even a topic about it: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1035
jimmyj
Strange Fruit

Post by jimmyj »

Gillingham wrote:Good question, but there is a more suitable subforum on here for topics like books.
Actually, this very question has been asked already and there is even a topic about it: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1035

I understand this was off topic, I did not know where to post it. Thank you also for the above link. So i guess the answer is 'no, not yet' kinda. I considered contacting the creator of the Greatest Books site because that seems to be the closest thing just is not really updated and could probably use more variety and with more critics lists from around the world. Thank you for the info Gillingham.
Kingoftonga
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by Kingoftonga »

I've used this site in the past. It doesn't aggregate lists the way that AM does, but there are a fair number of lists here, although heavily leaning toward the classics of the Western canon.

http://www.interleaves.org/~rteeter/greatbks.html

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”