2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Inductees Announced

Bruce
Feeling Good

Re: 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Inductees Announced

Post by Bruce »

JimmyJazz wrote:
JR wrote:Dusty in Memphis, for one, is a very highly regarded album- none of Cher's albums have been all that well regarded, critically. Bruce, is that sufficient enough for ya? :)

A glance at this site gives some indication on the status of many acts.
No use in using that argument JR. The man despises this site, he's merely a classic troll. I would suggest that you don't respond to him either, as I and apparently many others here have made a vow to do.
I LOVE this site. Henrik does a great job cataloguing what critics think about popular music, and I love lists. The fact that I don't think that the critics opinion is as important as what the public thinks does not mean that I don't appreciate this site very much. I think that MOST of the artists themselves would agree with me and tell you that they are more concerned with what the fans think about their music than what critcis think.

For someone who has vowed to never mention me again you keep mentioning me in virtually every post that you make.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Bruce wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:
JR wrote:Dusty in Memphis, for one, is a very highly regarded album- none of Cher's albums have been all that well regarded, critically. Bruce, is that sufficient enough for ya? :)

A glance at this site gives some indication on the status of many acts.
No use in using that argument JR. The man despises this site, he's merely a classic troll. I would suggest that you don't respond to him either, as I and apparently many others here have made a vow to do.
I LOVE this site. Henrik does a great job cataloguing what critics think about popular music, and I love lists. The fact that I don't think that the critics opinion is as important as what the public thinks does not mean that I don't appreciate this site very much. I think that MOST of the artists themselves would agree with me and tell you that they are more concerned with what the fans think about their music than what critcis think.

For someone who has vowed to never mention me again you keep mentioning me in virtually every post that you make.
Screw yourself.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Guys..................
JR
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JR »

Yah, let's not get all worked up. Let's not get this thread to get locked.

Bruce, this is a site devoted to critics lists, not fan/public voting. While the Hall of Fame isn't about public opinion or popularity, it now does let the public vote, and that counts as a single ballot- but even for that, it's based on the nominees that the HOF comes up with.

So, there's really no point arguing who you think should be in based on criteria that isn't a driving force for induction.
Bruce
Feeling Good

Post by Bruce »

Chic has now been nominated 8 times without getting in. The act with the most ever nominations was Solomon Burke, who finally got in on his tenth nomination. Nobody else has more than 8.
Bruce
Feeling Good

Post by Bruce »

Reaction to the new inductees, and I had nothing to do with writing this, guys.

http://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_ ... -2014.html
Blanco
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by Blanco »

I have a feeling that your racism will not be tolerated very much longer in this forum, Bruce. Be careful.
Remember: Racism is not necessarily discriminate, it is the simple act of dividing by "races".
Music has no color.
Bruce
Feeling Good

Post by Bruce »

Blanco wrote:I have a feeling that your racism will not be tolerated very much longer in this forum, Bruce. Be careful.
Remember: Racism is not necessarily discriminate, it is the simple act of dividing by "races".
Music has no color.
Like I said,

I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH WRITING THAT PIECE

If this forum is anti-racist as it should be, it should agree with that article that calls out the hall of fame for its racism.
John
Let's Get It On

Post by John »

JR wrote:Nirvana joins the ranks of first-year-eligible inductees. A history:

Nirvana

Public Enemy

Guns N' Roses

Run DMC

Madonna

R.E.M.

The Pretenders
U2

Prince

The Clash
Elvis Costello & the Attractions
The Police

Ramones
Talking Heads
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Bruce Springsteen

The Eagles

The Allman Brothers Band
Janis Joplin
Led Zeppelin
Neil Young

The Band
Elton John
John Lennon

Creedence Clearwater Revival
The Doors
Sly and the Family Stone
Van Morrison

The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Sam & Dave

The Byrds

The Kinks
Simon and Garfunkel
The Who

The Rolling Stones

The Beach Boys
The Beatles
Bob Dylan

(the first year of inductions)
Buddy Holly
Chuck Berry
Elvis Presley
The Everly Brothers
Fats Domino
James Brown
Jerry Lee Lewis
Little Richard
Ray Charles
Sam Cooke
There would be some omissions and some sore thumbs, but that's a better representation of the greats of rock and roll. I think the best part about the HOF is the show that's put on so I'm not against 5 inductees a year or whatever it is, but that 1st year induction list is spot on to what a rock and roll hall of fame should look like.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”