New Unacclaimed Songs Game?

Jackson
Into the Groove

New Unacclaimed Songs Game?

Post by Jackson »

Would anyone want to participate in a new unacclaimed songs game? I think a tournament similar to the one Moonbeam has run would be fun (even though his technically isn't finished yet).

I have a few suggestions for improving the game too:
1. Expand the field to 128
2. Eliminate the loser's bracket (while fun in theory, it lengthens the process)
3. Post a bracket prediction game like for the moderately acclaimed albums tournament
4. Make the field slightly less exclusive (maybe base the excluded songs off of AM artist rankings instead of albums)
Brad
Higher Ground

Re: New Unacclaimed Songs Game?

Post by Brad »

Jackson - I'd be up for this. Agree with dropping the loser's bracket; whatever the field, there's a ton of unexplored gems, so I'm cool with however you go.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

I would be in again.

Personally, I don't need the field expanded. I'd rather listen thoroughly to a couple of songs than superficially to a lot of songs.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

I'm all for another round of this! I was thinking of applying a World Cup format to the next game to ensure that no song would be eliminated after just one round but the loser's bracket would not take so long. Whatever the forum decides is ok by me, though.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

First, apologies for not participating in the last rounds of unacclaimed.

I think a lot of people likes the nomination phase and the first round of listening best. So my suggestion for round two etc. is to have no loser's brackets and quick voting (one day only a la UMT) with no comments required from those who have already listened to the songs and explained their feelings in round 1.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

I like the quick voting idea for every round after the first. People don't need 7 days to think about which songs they like more than others after they've already heard the songs before. I'm still in favor of a 128-song field for this.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”