Anyone Familiar With Lil B?

Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Anyone Familiar With Lil B?

Post by Listyguy »

So is anyone around here familiar with the music of Lil B? I'm not but I just went to a lecture he gave at my school and I was wondering if his music was worth getting into.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Re: Anyone Familiar With Lil B?

Post by Nick »

I'm assuming you mean the MIT lecture, which I coincidentally was just reading before I saw your post.

Anyway, his music is VERY hit or miss. A lot of people say he's not a serious rapper, and a lot of people say he is. A lot of his music is, honestly, very bad, but some people believe it's a sort of super deep ironic commentary on bad rap in general. Which isn't too implausible to be fair.

If you want to know some songs of his I think are good, there's "No Black Person Is Ugly", "Fuck KD", "I Love You", and "Motivation".

If you want to know some of his....worse music, there's songs like "Ellen DeGeneres" and "I Own Swag".
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Yeah it was the MIT Lecture...and I will check out some of those, thanks!
Mindrocker
Let's Get It On

Post by Mindrocker »

Lil' B is a cult/outsider artist, active in the Hiphop world (the Daniel Johnston/Jandek of hiphop?). His albums only exist on digital file format, but most popular are the mixtapes. Acclaimed Lil' B mixtape titles: God's Father (2012) and 05 Fuck Em (2013). Beware though when you dive into Lil' B's world, his tapes frequently contain more than 100 different tracks, so one might need some time to get to the essence of Lil' B. There are plenty of gems waiting to be discovered in his catalog, but TBH Listyguy I'm not sure if his music is up your alley :/
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

I just know him as The BasedGod
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Mindrocker wrote:Lil' B is a cult/outsider artist, active in the Hiphop world (the Daniel Johnston/Jandek of hiphop?). His albums only exist on digital file format, but most popular are the mixtapes. Acclaimed Lil' B mixtape titles: God's Father (2012) and 05 Fuck Em (2013). Beware though when you dive into Lil' B's world, his tapes frequently contain more than 100 different tracks, so one might need some time to get to the essence of Lil' B. There are plenty of gems waiting to be discovered in his catalog, but TBH Listyguy I'm not sure if his music is up your alley :/
Yeah I definitely noticed a bit of a cult vibe last night. And I probably won't like his stuff, but I'll probably check it out anyway.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”