Beatles- The Next Generation

John
Let's Get It On

Beatles- The Next Generation

Post by John »

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/beatl ... -1.1055238

I have to say, I'm not appalled by the idea. First, Sean Lennon is a really good songwriter. So, I'm not worried that the songs will suck. Second, it's almost eerie how close of personalities all of the "chosen kids" have to their famous dads at least from what I've seen. They all really aspire to be like their dad but aren't that annoying famous kid either. Third, as long as McCartney and Yoko Ono are alive, I don't see some record label bigwig getting their hands on it and ruining the whole thing. I kind of want to see this happen.
VanillaFire1000
Let's Get It On

Re: Beatles- The Next Generation

Post by VanillaFire1000 »

It certainly would be interesting, at least for a one-off record, or even just one song. But I really doubt it could be more than novelty.
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

I hope at least they let McCartney Jr. do the singing, because Sean's voice is even more grating than his father's.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I'll give 'em a listen so long as they write their own songs. It all depends on the chemistry.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

It's definitely an interesting idea...I'm not sure if it'll turn into anything more than a social experiment though.
Harpo
Superunknown

Post by Harpo »

A few years ago I saw Sean Lennon play with the Plastic Ono Band, and he's terrific. I'm sure the others are all terrific too, but I have doubts about the wisdom of this idea. Have they all been jamming together in secret over the years and are now thinking of going public? If not, how do they know their styles will all fit together? It's not as if they spent two years playing for long hours every night in Hamburg, is it?
Might as well suggest a great band could be formed by putting together a randomly chosen great drummer, bassist, singer, etc etc - if each is great, then the results must be great, no? No, they might grate.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

It might not work, but I'm still excited to see if it does.

One might argue that one of the reasons the Beatles worked so well is that Lennon and McCartney's styles grated.

I mean, who knows? Jeff Buckley never knew his father Tim Buckley, some things really are genetic.
John
Let's Get It On

Post by John »

Into the Sun was a really great album on the Beastie Boys Grand Royal label. It kind of disappoints me that he hasn't focused more on music. He had another album that was ok, and a soundtrack that I never listened to... but I think it was all instrumentals. I think he has a cynical view like John but his music is very quirky as well like Paul. Even if this project never comes to fruition, I hope at least sparks him to focus on music.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”