Errors in the 2015 Update

Nick
Running Up That Hill

Re: Errors in the 2015 Update

Post by Nick »

It seems we've certainly opened up quite the Pandora's box here.

My suggestion- If a song credits an artist with a feature, then the song should be re-titled to reflect that feature. However, the credit that an artist gets to the song should adequately reflect the amount of work that the featured artist put in. Sometimes it's about a 50/50 split (see "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen), sometimes it's a bit lopsided (see "Umbrella" by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z), and sometimes a sample is mislabeled as a feature (see "Stan" by Eminem featuring Dido). In the case of the later, I do not think Dido should receive any bonus to her artist ranking, nor should Eminem receive any penalty to his. Also, I do not think that "Stan" should show up under Dido's artist page. However, if the song is listed as "Eminem featuring Dido" everywhere else, both on the internet and off, then it should be listed as such on AM.

If a song does not explicitly credit an artist with a feature, and instead only credits them with a sample, songwriting, or any other credit (such as the aforementioned Marvin Gaye/"Blurred Lines" lawsuit), then I do not think that AM should reflect the non-featured artist's contributions. By doing so we are setting a precedent, and that precedent significantly complicates artist rankings, song titles and credits, and AM itself.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

Nick wrote:It seems we've certainly opened up quite the Pandora's box here.
:( I apologize.
Nick wrote:My suggestion- If a song credits an artist with a feature, then the song should be re-titled to reflect that feature. However, the credit that an artist gets to the song should adequately reflect the amount of work that the featured artist put in. Sometimes it's about a 50/50 split (see "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen), sometimes it's a bit lopsided (see "Umbrella" by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z), and sometimes a sample is mislabeled as a feature (see "Stan" by Eminem featuring Dido). In the case of the later, I do not think Dido should receive any bonus to her artist ranking, nor should Eminem receive any penalty to his. Also, I do not think that "Stan" should show up under Dido's artist page. However, if the song is listed as "Eminem featuring Dido" everywhere else, both on the internet and off, then it should be listed as such on AM.

If a song does not explicitly credit an artist with a feature, and instead only credits them with a sample, songwriting, or any other credit (such as the aforementioned Marvin Gaye/"Blurred Lines" lawsuit), then I do not think that AM should reflect the non-featured artist's contributions. By doing so we are setting a precedent, and that precedent significantly complicates artist rankings, song titles and credits, and AM itself.
I very much like everything that Nick suggested above. It all seems pretty fair and standard. I'd like to clarify what he said into a general kind of guideline, and see what everyone (including yourself Henrik) think of it:

- Artists should receive credit for songs that they contributed towards in the form of live performance meant for that specific song recording. That is to say, if an artist performed specifically for a song and was credited for it as a feature (e.g. 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre's "California Love"), then the featured artist will receive at least partial credit. If an artist is listed on a feature, but did not perform specifically for that recording (e.g. Eminem feat. Dido's "Stan"), then the credit will still be listed as Eminem feat. Dido, but Dido will not receive credit on her artist page. The same goes for Otis, and the same goes for God.

- Likewise, an artist must actually have specifically listed credit for that song. Frank Ocean is credited for a feature under Jay-Z and Kanye West's "No Church in the Wild," but did not receive a credit for "New Slaves," which he also sang on. Under this rule, he would receive a credit on his artist page for "No Church in the Wild," but not for "New Slaves." This means that all those people who sang on Kanye West feat. Rihanna's "All of the Lights," most of which did it almost unnoticeably, will not receive credit for their performances, but Rihanna will. Even though he totally deserves it, Giorgio Moroder will not receive credit for his work on Daft Punk's "Giorgio by Moroder."

- What this makes a bit complicated are remixes. Migos did not intentionally record for Drake's remix of their song "Versace" - obviously, they only intentionally recorded for their original non-remixed version. But in the case of remixes specifically, I think both artists receiving credit is fair, as the standard currently is for Nicki Minaj's remix of Beyonce's "Flawless" and Drake's remix of iLoveMakonnen's "Tuesday."

If this is the case, then, Simian should receive their own artist page and artist credit for Justice vs. Simian's "We Are Your Friends," a song which could be seen as a remix of a Simian song (see my EDIT in the following post). Junkie XL vs. Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation" will remain on his artist page, and Acid Pauli vs. Johnny Cash's "I See a Dark(er)ness" will remain on Johnny Cash's.

Now the weird thing - Johnny Cash's non-remixed "I See a Darkness" is listed separately from Acid Pauli's "I See a Dark(er)ness." Drake's "Tuesday (Remix)" and iLoveMakonnen's "Club Goin' Up on a Tuesday" are listed under the same song. Beyonce's "***Flawless" and Nicki Minaj's "Flawless (Remix) are listed under the same song, despite that Beyonce's original version released in 2013 and Nicki Minaj's remix in 2014.

I have no idea what to do about all those circumstances. So. Food for thought. Pandora's box and such.

EDIT: Reworded the ending paragraphs.
Last edited by Setherex on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Wow, you have really thought a lot about this!

I must admit that features/credits are not my favorite things. They just give me extra work.

Nick, I don't know where you got the percentage splitting from, because I don't do this and I never have. I could do this in the future, but it means more work and also many arbitrary decisions I think. And, as I say on the "Artists" page, the artist ranking shouldn't be taken that seriously anyway.

I have always simply given the first listed artist (the one you arrive at if you click the artist link) a 100% count, and any other artists a 50% count. My algorithms are usually very complicated but in this case I've kept it simple.

Setherex, thanks for that lenghty list of corrections! But how long have you been sitting on that? If you had posted it a week earlier I could have made these corrections for the 2015 update. :?
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

Henrik wrote:I have always simply given the first listed artist (the one you arrive at if you click the artist link) a 100% count, and any other artists a 50% count. My algorithms are usually very complicated but in this case I've kept it simple.
That actually sounds like it works well, haha. Sometimes simplicity is the best option I suppose.

I would just want to make sure that Kanye West is receiving 100% credit as well for his "Watch the Throne" songs - the ones credited to Jay-Z and Kanye West - since those automatically redirect to Jay-Z's page. I'm sure there are a couple other cases of "&" artists too. Like the songs credited to Royksopp & Robyn - I would hope they both get 100% credits.

The remixes, again, might work better with a 100%/100% split too, rather than a 100%/50%, but it might be a case-by-case thing. I don't wanna think about that one too hard.
Henrik wrote:Setherex, thanks for that lenghty list of corrections! But how long have you been sitting on that? If you had posted it a week earlier I could have made these corrections for the 2015 update. :?
Of course! Now that we've clarified things, I think a few of those changes are defunct too. But for the most part they still apply :D

Sorry I didn't send them in pre-update :( I had actually just found the one note on Eminem's page that bothered me, and the rest of those I uncovered this morning while writing it out. Fortunately, most of it just had to do with me perusing the pages for Kanye and his assortment of friends.
Last edited by Setherex on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

Just one more change - and the only one of it's kind that I've found - I assume that an artist who only has feature credits, but no solo credits, does not get their own artist page on the site? Because if that's the case, Jamie Foxx has an unnecessary artist page created for him (only counting his feature on Twista's "Slow Jamz").

EDIT: A note on the above, I have now re-listened to Simian's original "Never Be Alone," and having realized it is barely at all like Justice vs. Simian's "We Are Your Friends," I find it hard to truly consider it a remix as opposed to an entirely different sampled song, and I'm very confused on what to think to do with the website. Henrik, the ball is in your court from here :greetings-waveyellow:
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

The artist rankings for the period of 1890-1949 as called out on the initial artist page appears as for the period of 1900-1949 when one progresses to first line on the page providing the list of the top 100 artists.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Henry wrote:The artist rankings for the period of 1890-1949 as called out on the initial artist page appears as for the period of 1900-1949 when one progresses to first line on the page providing the list of the top 100 artists.
Fixed
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

The title of Robin Trower's song from 1974 in row 7641 should be Bridge of "Sighs" not "Sights."
irreduciblekoan
Different Class

Post by irreduciblekoan »

Keane's Hopes and Fears has an allmusic rating of 4.5 according to AM, but the actual rating on allmusic is 3.5. Could be a major error if that 4.5 was the push the album needed to be a bubbler.
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Move this topic and Rating Change on top of the list
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Henrik wrote:Nick, I don't know where you got the percentage splitting from, because I don't do this and I never have. I could do this in the future, but it means more work and also many arbitrary decisions I think. And, as I say on the "Artists" page, the artist ranking shouldn't be taken that seriously anyway.
Woops, I guess I don't know where I got that idea from. I don't think it's necessary to do in the future, I think the way you've explained how you do it is perfectly fine.
stone37
Different Class

Post by stone37 »

AM itself is correct for all of these songs below. But the excel spreadsheet is wrong.

"The Midnight Special" should be 1934.

"Nuages" should be 1940.

"My Heart Cries for You" should be 1950.

"This Land is Your Land" should be 1951.

"Mad About the Boy" should be 1952.

"Knoxville Girl" should be 1956.

"Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair" and "Let Them Talk" should be 1959.

"I Just Want to Make Love to You" and "Spanish Harlem" should be 1960.

"Lost Someone," "Duke of Earl," "Wang Dang Doodle" and "Back Door Man" should be 1961.

"When You Walk in the Room" should be 1963.

"Heart of Stone" "Mr. Pitiful," and "I Can't Explain" should all be in 1964.

"Double Shot of My Baby's Love" and "You Don't Know Like I Know" should be 1965.

"It Takes Two" and "Summer Wine" should be 1966.

"Sisters of Mercy" should be 1967.

"Timothy" should be 1970.

"Bring the Boys Back Home" and "Satta Massa Gana" should be 1971.

"Free Ride" and "Money in My Pocket" should be 1972.

"Rock the Boat," "The Love I Lost" and "One of a Kind (Love Affair)" and Love's Theme" should be 1973.

"Shame, Shame, Shame" should be 1974.

"Coney Island Baby," "Sara Smile," "Winter in America," and "One of These Days" should be 1975. Also, "My Little Town" is double listed. It needs to be deleted from the "bubbling under" section.

"Taj Mahal," "Lido Shuffle," "Tyrin' to Love Two," and "When I Need You" should be 1976.

"What's Your Name, "Satisfaction," "Take a Chance on Me," "Born for a Purpose," and "Shame" should be 1977.

"Shake Your Body," "We're Desperate," "Lead Me On," and "Starry Eyes" should be 1978.

"Mind Your Own Business," "Quiet Life," "Sailing," "Off the Wall," and "What I Like About You" should be 1979.

"Kiss on My List" should be 1980.

"Outstanding" should be 1982.

"The Longest Time" should be 1983.

"Going Down to Liverpool" and "Lovergirl" should be 1984.

"Dear God" "Walkin' with Jesus" and "Danger Zone" should be 1986.

"Come Home" should be 1989.

"Man in the Box" and "More Than Words" should be 1990.

"Silent All These Years" should be 1991.

"Right Here" and "No Rain" should be 1992.

"Strong Enough" should be 1993.

"Ants Marching," "You and Me Song," and "What Does Your Soul Look Like" should be 1994.

"Slight Return" and "Not Gon' Cry" should be 1995.

"Save Tonight" should be 1997.

"My Love is Your Love" should be 1998.

"The Blower's Daughter" should be 2001.

"Mr. Brightside" should be 2003.

"Ridin'" should be 2005.

"Dig Lazarus Dig" should be 2007.

"Falling" should be 2012.

"The Entertainer" is listed as BUB under in 1973 on the spreedsheet, but I cannot find it on the AM site.
Last edited by stone37 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:55 am, edited 28 times in total.
Bang Jan
Full of Fire

Post by Bang Jan »

Clifford Brown is listed under C instead of B.
"The first word in this song is discorporate. It means to leave your body."
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

The issue with feature credits is that they're always different based on your source, haha. I'm trying to find a generally accepted standard here, but for a few of them it's vague.

OutKast's "The Whole World" should be credited to OutKast feat. Killer Mike.

Eminem's "Guilty Conscience" should be credited to Eminem feat. Dr. Dre.

2Pac's "California Love" should be credited to 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre & Roger Troutman.

Warren G's "Regulate" should be credited to Warren G feat. Nate Dogg.

The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Mo Money Mo Problems" should be credited to The Notorious B.I.G. feat. Ma$e & Puff Daddy.

Pras' "Ghetto Superstar (That Is What You Are)" should be credited to Pras feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard & Mýa.

Dr. Dre's "The Next Episode" should be credited to Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg, Kurupt & Nate Dogg.

Jay Z's "Big Pimpin'" should be credited to Jay Z feat. UGK.

Puff Daddy's "Bad Boy for Life" should be credited to P. Diddy, Black Rob & Mark Curry.

I don't know specifically, but it seems to me that the three acclaim lists for Busta Rhymes' "Pass the Courvoisier" are actually referring to "Pass the Courvoisier, Part II" - the former is an album cut from Rhymes' 2001 album, while the latter is a remix of the original. Part II became a hit single that released in 2002, the year that the lists are designated. I'm not entirely sure they give explicit credit to Part II at all though, so it may be worth looking into Henrik. Either way, credit for the original would go to Busta Rhymes feat. P. Diddy, while credit for Part II would go to Busta Rhymes feat. P. Diddy & Pharrell.

Common's "The Corner" should be credited to Common feat. The Last Poets.

Chamillionaire's "Ridin'" should be credited to Chamillionaire feat. Krayzie Bone.

Jay Z & T.I.'s "Swagga Like Us" should be credited to Jay Z & T.I. feat. Kanye West & Lil Wayne.
lbangs
Superunknown

Post by lbangs »

It appears you accidentally applied a date format to a song title, rendering Len Berry's 1965 hit 1-2-3 into a song called 2003-01-02.

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Jason Derulo & Snoop Dogg "Wiggle" appears on 2 lines on eoy 2014 songs
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Mumford & Sons "The Cave" appears at N°2 on platenttest EOY 2009 list
http://www.plattentests.de/redpoll2009.php
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Leonard Cohen "Bird on a Wire" appears on this list
Toby Creswell (Australia) - 1001 Songs (2005)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/sitbv3/reader/ ... 1560259159
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

Dizzee Rascal's "Dance Wiv Me," credited to Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris, does not appear on Harris' artist page.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

The Upsetters doesn't appear in the alphabetical artist list.

Edit: Oh it's Lee Perry and the Upsetters. That's fine I guess; not an error.
I feel like that
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

The top banner on the homepage still shows Boredoms' Soul Discharge as Japan's most acclaimed album. It should be Vision Creation Newsun
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Bobby Bare "The All American Boy" appears on "1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die: And 10,001 You Must Download " and not on "Bruce Pollock (USA) - The 7,500 Most Important Songs of 1944-2000 (2005)"
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

This isn't an error so much as a feature I thought up. Sometimes there are artists with a ton of albums and/or songs ranked (looking at you Beatles, Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Elvis Presley, etc.). What if there was a way to sort the albums/songs not by year, but also by all time rank? That way if you wanted to know what the top ten Rolling Stones songs on AM were, it would be as easy as clicking a "sort by acclaim" button on the top of the artist's page (I figure that if this idea were ever to be implemented there would be two buttons at the top of an artist's page, the first would sort the albums/songs by acclaim, the second would sort them by release date).

I know this would only really be of use for artists with about ten or more albums or songs, and I'm beyond thankful for all of the great improvements that Henrik has done to this site, but this is just another idea I had to make the site even more user friendly.

Thoughts?
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Nick wrote:This isn't an error so much as a feature I thought up. Sometimes there are artists with a ton of albums and/or songs ranked (looking at you Beatles, Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Elvis Presley, etc.). What if there was a way to sort the albums/songs not by year, but also by all time rank? That way if you wanted to know what the top ten Rolling Stones songs on AM were, it would be as easy as clicking a "sort by acclaim" button on the top of the artist's page (I figure that if this idea were ever to be implemented there would be two buttons at the top of an artist's page, the first would sort the albums/songs by acclaim, the second would sort them by release date).

I know this would only really be of use for artists with about ten or more albums or songs, and I'm beyond thankful for all of the great improvements that Henrik has done to this site, but this is just another idea I had to make the site even more user friendly.

Thoughts?
Yes, I have some thoughts about this. I have many times been looking at artist pages myself, trying to sort the (most of the times) songs by rank, thinking that a re-sort function would be helpful or even necessary. And, although it's not a perfect solution, I think I sort of solved it with the Spotify lists, which are sorted by rank. You can always (without listening) drag the scroller down to see all the songs in a playlists. Of course, this doesn't work for The Beatles and all other songs missing on Spotify.

I don't think this is such a huge problem for albums, except for Miles Davis and a few more artists.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Hmmm I suppose you're right, Henrik! The Spotify playlists should be an ample substitute for the "rank by acclaim" button. Oh well, seems like you're ten steps ahead of me!
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Henrik, i think there's some misses with the list "Stéphane Davet (France) - French Songs You Must Hear Before You Die (2010)"
i don't find any mention of alain bashung songs

Beastie Boys "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)" also appears on the additions of the french version. (1002)
A well as "Robyn "Dancing on My Own" (1002)
Winehouse, Amy "You know i'm no good" (1002)

Have you included the new songs from the french version?
Last edited by lagire on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stone37
Different Class

Post by stone37 »

"The Gypsy Cried" should be listed in 1962. It was first released then, according to Joel Whitburn's book of Billboard Top 100 Hits.

"In the Year 2525" should be listed in 1968. As Joel Whitburn's Book of Top 100 Hits notes, it was first released on a small regional label (Truth) in 1968 before it went national in 1969.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's"" should be 1993. As noted on RYM and Wikipedia, the song was first released on their debut album for a small label. They cut it again in 1995, which is the version that became a hit in 1996 in the USA. But 1993 is the original release date.

"I'm Still in Love With You" by Alton Ellis was originally released in 1967. As noted by Discogs. Ellis did redo the song in 1977.
Last edited by stone37 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

From this list "Charlie Gillett (UK) - Sound Of The City: Playlist 1946-1971", the mention for song "Driftin'" of Charles Brown, isn't it the same as "Driftin' Blues"?
Bang Jan
Full of Fire

Post by Bang Jan »

The Spotify links to the Use Your Illusion albums are the wrong way round.
"The first word in this song is discorporate. It means to leave your body."
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

On the AM banner, "Songs for Swingin' Lovers" is shown as Feank Sinatra's most acclaimed album, when his real most acclaimed album is "In the Wee Small Hours".
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

B-Rock & The Bizz "MyBabyDaddy" appears on this list "Blender (USA) - The 1001 Greatest Songs to Download Right Now!"
Blind Lemon Jefferson "See That My Grave Is Kept Clean" also
The Smiths "Ask" also
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

Manic Street Preachers: It's "Scream to a Sigh", not "High".
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
luney6
Movin' On Up

Post by luney6 »

The Frank Zappa song 'Trouble Every Day' has been titled 'Trouble Comin' Every Day'. When I'd initially wanted to find it, I'd been unable to, because I thought it was a different song. Similarly (but less consequently), The King Crimson song is 'the Court of the Crimson King', and not 'In the court of the Crimson King'.
"God grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

The album page for Junior Senior's D-D-Don't Don't Stop the Beat has Junior Murvin's Police & Thieves in Spotify.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

lagire wrote:Henrik, i think there's some misses with the list "Stéphane Davet (France) - French Songs You Must Hear Before You Die (2010)"

Beastie Boys "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)" also appears on the additions of the french version. (1002)
Winehouse, Amy "Tears Dry on their own" (1002)
Strokes, The "Last Nite" (1002)
Strokes, The "Where it began" (1002)

I think you only add stephane davet preface and not the additions from the french version (i sent you the diff in an excel file).

Can you give a response for that, Henrik, as well as for the book from Christophe Brault which is not included on AM.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

"I Need a Dollar" by Aloe Blacc appears on the list "Laut (Germany) - The 50 Best Songs of the 2000s (2009)" (http://www.laut.de/News/Best-Of-2001-20 ... -2011-7865), but it is not displayed on the song's AM site (http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/S4883.htm)
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

lagire wrote:
lagire wrote:Henrik, i think there's some misses with the list "Stéphane Davet (France) - French Songs You Must Hear Before You Die (2010)"

Winehouse, Amy "Tears Dry on their own" (1002)
Strokes, The "Last Nite" (1002)
Strokes, The "Where it began" (1002)

I think you only add stephane davet preface and not the additions from the french version (i sent you the diff in an excel file).

Can you give a response for that, Henrik...
That's right. This is what I wrote:
Henrik wrote:
lagire wrote:An example:

10000 maniacs "Because the night" is 1001 on english version.
10001 on french version.
The 2 versions are both 2010 edition.

Because there's french additions in 1001 songs. In this example, "Le courage des oiseaux " from Dominique A replaced "Because the night".
I can check this if you want, but i'll take some time.
The list i post here is also included in 10001 songs.
The different versions of the book makes this quite a mess, so I might just stick with the English version. So don't waste your time on these checks.
lagire wrote:...as well as for the book from Christophe Brault which is not included on AM.
I'm not sure what you are talking about here. The list of 20 albums per year is included.
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Henrik wrote:
lagire wrote:...as well as for the book from Christophe Brault which is not included on AM.
I'm not sure what you are talking about here. The list of 20 albums per year is included.
Ok sorry for that, it's because i have perhaps see some misses...
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Henrik wrote: The different versions of the book makes this quite a mess, so I might just stick with the English version. So don't waste your time on these checks.
I don't see why it could be a mess, for me seems clear.
i feel sorry not to include these songs, more than 2000 if i remember!
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

lagire wrote:
Henrik wrote: The different versions of the book makes this quite a mess, so I might just stick with the English version. So don't waste your time on these checks.
I don't see why it could be a mess, for me seems clear.
i feel sorry not to include these songs, more than 2000 if i remember!
There are many different versions of the 1001 albums book, and maybe it's the same for the songs book. However, I will definitely reconsider this when you say it's more than 2000 songs! :)
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

I yet sent you the excel file with the additions and the differences. (maybe i don't understand your last sentence!)
so what your decision (include or not include)?
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

lagire wrote:I yet sent you the excel file with the additions and the differences. (maybe i don't understand your last sentence!)
so what your decision (include or not include)?
When you sent me the spreadsheet I didn't look at it because I had said I wouldn't use it. Now I'm interested again, but I haven't had a chance to look at the spreadsheet yet. I will let you know when I've made a decision.
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

OK i send you the whole list by mail, with differences between english and french version.
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

There's two artists on Page "T" which are groups with "The".
The Beatmasters (Should be "B") and The Hotelier (Should be "H") , i don't know if it's correct.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Iagire, I will definitely use the French version of the 1,001 songs book. It will be a great addition!

Is there an overlap between Davet's preface list and the 10,001 songs, or are they additional selections of French songs?
JR
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JR »

Not really an error per se, but- should Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs be listed twice (the original and update) when the 500 Greatest Albums is not? Does the list count twice for songs/albums that appear on both versions?
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

JR wrote:Not really an error per se, but- should Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs be listed twice (the original and update) when the 500 Greatest Albums is not? Does the list count twice for songs/albums that appear on both versions?
They are handled the same way (only counted once), but shown differently. Which alternative is the best?
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

The Shins' "Phantom Limb" is from 2006, not 2007.
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Henrik wrote:
Is there an overlap between Davet's preface list and the 10,001 songs, or are they additional selections of French songs?
Yes, as i say in my e-mail, the list that i sent you contains both preface songs and additions of french version.
The additions contains also others french songs and not only international songs!
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

lagire wrote:
Henrik wrote:
Yes, as i say in my e-mail, the list that i sent you contains both preface songs and additions of french version.
The additions contains also others french songs and not only international songs!
I did not refer to your email, but to the book. Are any of Davet's songs also among the 10,001?

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”