R.I.P. Scott Weiland (1967-2015)

Setherex
Movin' On Up

R.I.P. Scott Weiland (1967-2015)

Post by Setherex »

Rock star Scott Weiland was found dead on his tour bus in Minnesota.

Weiland was on tour with his band Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts ... they were supposed to play the Medina Ballroom tonight, but the show was cancelled.

A source connected to the band tells us Scott was found Thursday night on the bus around 9 PM -- presumably, shortly before the band was to go on.

The former lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver famously battled substance abuse for years. It's unclear right now what caused his death.

Scott was 48.
http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/03/scott-weiland-dead/
Petri
Feeling Good

Re: R.I.P. Scott Weiland (1967-2015)

Post by Petri »

R.I.P.
Core was one of my childhood grungeish favorites.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

Ugh. I liked the ‘90s scene so much that even the groups I was supposed to hate, I liked: Stone Temple Pilots; Weezer (people were mad about Weezer?!?); I even kinda-sorta liked Bush. STP was my favorite of these guys, and at the time, I felt they stacked up well with the other big acts of the day. Not much of anyone from the grunge years fared well from 1996-on, so it doesn’t seem surprising (now) that their glory moment was unfortunately only a couple albums.
RickMayer
Strange Fruit

Post by RickMayer »

Seeing him back in 2010 and opening for the Stones in 1994, must say his swagger and style were unique and transcended genres with the best of them. RIP!!!

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”