Upcoming Polls

babydoll
Movin' On Up

Upcoming Polls

Post by babydoll »

I want to know if there is going to be an all-time artists poll this year. I also want to know about the 1900-1949 and 1950s poll (as in will they exist?) that should take place this year.

Also I think a 100 Favorite Music Videos might be interesting.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Re: Upcoming Polls

Post by PlasticRam »

It's a good thing that you brought up the 1900s-1950s poll cos we really should be doing that already. Hopefully we'll get a host.

All-time artist poll will for sure happen. Maybe someone could do a thread already, and keep the voting open for a couple of months at least.

Music video poll is a good idea. You could host it if you have interest in doing that. I'm sure it would get participants.
I feel like that
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

I have thought about doing a thorough Music Video Poll in the past, mainly because I want to work on my list and get new discoveries. My thought was to do decade blocks each month for 5 months. Using the month to explore the decade and discover new videos. Then using the top of each decade, create an over-all list that people vote on, but that's how I imagine it going down.

I would be willing to help run it as I haven't got around to making it myself. I haven't hosted anything before, so I'm not so sure on the back-end-vote-wrangling kinda stuff.

On a slightly related note, is there any merit in floating the idea of a group-editable calendar? Something to put all the polls and weekly events on? Sometimes I get lost and it would be nice to be able to plan ahead on some polls that might take me longer to get a list for.
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

I personally am not a fan of breaking things up into brackets and have the winners of those brackets be the eligible candidates for the overall poll. Therefore I would just ask for a straight up list of favorites. If I host this, it'll have to be next year. My problem is similar to that of Maschine_Man's in that I also don't know what formulas would be best for this.

I honestly realized that about the 1900-1949 and 1950s poll that it hadn't been up by now. Of course Bruce may have ruined those years for the rest of us, and undeservedly so.

I wish someone would be host of the artists poll, and open up a thread. Also it would be nice to schedule a date for the future top three (albums, songs, artists) so that the rest of us can prepare for the event.
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

Artist Poll might be cool. but I don't know how we'd address the format. Seemingly everything else has been tried before with UMT and whatnot.

We never had a music video poll to my knowledge. if we do this, I don't think I can host, but I'd be glad to contribute.

By the way, Unacclaimed IV is happening. I thought the forum would get bored of it by now. But I do plan for at least one more installment. It will overlap with the next update, but I may hold polls in a month or so to propose rule changes.
" Ah, yes! Our meager restitution"
luvulongTIM
Different Class

Post by luvulongTIM »

How about an UNACCLAIMED ARTIST poll? We could take a vote on whether or not we can use bubbling under artists or not.
Bruno
Shake Some Action

Post by Bruno »

PlasticRam wrote:It's a good thing that you brought up the 1900s-1950s poll cos we really should be doing that already. Hopefully we'll get a host.
Agreed.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

whuntva wrote:Artist Poll might be cool. but I don't know how we'd address the format. Seemingly everything else has been tried before with UMT and whatnot.
The regular lists-poll is due this year I think.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Yes, this is the year for the standard favorite artists poll. We could start a separate thread for that to see who'd want to run that.
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

While I temporarily have time to put my input, I'm happy JimmyJazz will do the main artists' poll.

However there lies the question of the 1900-1949 and 1950s decade polls. Is someone going to take it?
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

babydoll wrote:However there lies the question of the 1900-1949 and 1950s decade polls. Is someone going to take it?
I can do the qualification if no-one else wants to, but it would be kinda messy. So I'm still hoping someone else steps in.

The final top 150 (or possibly top 100) I don't have it in me to do, but the person who does that can be decided later.
I feel like that

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”