Re: The AMF Artist Poll 2016: List Submissions Thread

Post by babydoll »

Romain wrote:You prefer her at #2 ?
Right behind Britney Spears and ahead of Serge Gainsbourg. :P :music-guitarred:
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

One way I judge them artists is by their worst singles, with that...

"Work B**ch" > "Wildest Dreams" > "Lemon Incest"

hmmm...
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

I was being sarcastic, even though I did vote for all three of them (SOOO not in the top ten). And Taylor's worst is "Starlight" followed closely by "Shake It Off".
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

babydoll wrote:And Taylor's worst is "Starlight" followed closely by "Shake It Off".
You mean that very same "Shake It Off" that came at #21 in the AM 2014 EOY poll? :P

For the record, I do like the song. The lyrics are total throwaways but this is otherwise one of the catchiest thing I've heard in recent years. But I admit that even though I liked "1989" when it came out as a guilty pleasure, it has somewhat slipped out of my radar since then. I only use it as uplifting background music when I'm depressed or stressed these days.
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

Pierre wrote:
babydoll wrote:And Taylor's worst is "Starlight" followed closely by "Shake It Off".
You mean that very same "Shake It Off" that came at #21 in the AM 2014 EOY poll? :P
And I'll never understand why. "Blank Space", which ended up at #27, was so much better than "Shake It Off". "Shake It Off" was just a lousy song that should have been tossed from the album and is a song so many people would destroy other pop stars for having on their album. "Blank Space" was actually intelligent. It's just bewildering that "hipsters" embraced "Shake It Off". But I do hate that "Starlight" which just screams Ethel Kennedy-lovefest and obnoxious production.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

babydoll wrote:I was being sarcastic, even though I did vote for all three of them (SOOO not in the top ten). And Taylor's worst is "Starlight" followed closely by "Shake It Off".
Serge is in my top 10 :whistle: I wasn't also serious there. Didn't know "Starlight" was released as a single and "Shake It Off" isn't that bad for me, it has some bop to it and doesn't take itself seriously.
babydoll wrote:
Romain wrote:Taylor Swift at #3 will be a very funny rank :mrgreen:
I would highly disagree with that rank even though I voted for her this time around.
Pierre wrote:You mean that very same "Shake It Off" that came at #21 in the AM 2014 EOY poll? :P
For the record, I do like the song.
Not to be judgmental but is this an example of the forum's influence on its so-called regular members?! :o
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Dexter wrote:
Pierre wrote:You mean that very same "Shake It Off" that came at #21 in the AM 2014 EOY poll? :P
For the record, I do like the song.
Not to be judgmental but is this an example of the forum's influence on its so-called regular members?! :o
I don't feel particularly influenced by the forum members' tastes, as I don't pertake in that many polls. Besides, if they influenced me, I guess I'd be a Radiohead fan, and as I said elsewhere, I'm not really.
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

Dexter wrote:
babydoll wrote:I was being sarcastic, even though I did vote for all three of them (SOOO not in the top ten). And Taylor's worst is "Starlight" followed closely by "Shake It Off".
Serge is in my top 10 :whistle: I wasn't also serious there. Didn't know "Starlight" was released as a single and "Shake It Off" isn't that bad for me, it has some bop to it and doesn't take itself seriously.
It wasn't. It's just so bad it deserved a mention.

Anyway, JimmyJazz, I don't know if I can't any more knowing that you have finished! EEESH!
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

babydoll wrote:
Hmmm, if the final rank could be this one...I take it ! Even with Dylan on #4 and KAnye West on #5 ! :D
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Sorry guys. Since everyone wanted more voters I decided to invite my friends from the Nickelback forum; I was sure a few #1 votes for Canada's preeminent rock band wouldn't change the results much, but they might have thrown a few votes toward an unlikely artist or two. Some of the Canadians on the forum got in an argument over who the second-best Canadian artist is, so that might have played into their votes.

I apologize for the unfair placement of Canadian artists within this list. We can only pray Joni Mitchell and Arcade Fire place no higher than last time, or else these results be tainted by the North.
Bang Jan
Full of Fire

Post by Bang Jan »

BleuPanda wrote:Sorry guys. Since everyone wanted more voters I decided to invite my friends from the Nickelback forum
As long as you didn't get people from the Brokencyde forums to vote, you are forgiven. :D
"The first word in this song is discorporate. It means to leave your body."
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Romain wrote:
babydoll wrote:
Hmmm, if the final rank could be this one...I take it ! Even with Dylan on #4 and KAnye West on #5 ! :D
You joke, but I wouldn't be surprised is Kanye broke the top 20.
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

Nick wrote:
Romain wrote:
babydoll wrote: Right behind Britney Spears and ahead of Serge Gainsbourg. :P :music-guitarred:
You joke, but I wouldn't be surprised is Kanye broke the top 20.
I'm not joking ! I'm always serious.... :mrgreen:
I'm sure Kany West broke the top 20 this year, and maybe the top 15 !

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”