ATTN: bootsy

BleuPanda
Higher Ground

ATTN: bootsy

Post by BleuPanda »

Hey,

Sorry about not replying to your private message, but I literally can't. I think there might be something wrong with your account that's blocking you from receiving private messages (while still letting you send them for some reason), which also might be why your profile image can't be changed. I asked Henrik what the problem might be, but he also doesn't know. So...yeah.
Henrik
Site Admin

Re: ATTN: bootsy

Post by Henrik »

I found where I could check the permission settings for every user and bootsy you have exactly the same permissions as everyone else. You should be able to change your avatar, but the dimensions have to be within certain numbers. Also, you should be able to send and receive pm's, etc. Please let me know if you still have any problems.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I'm still not able to send him a message.
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Oh wow ok. That explains what is going on. That's interesting. I hope it gets fixed.
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Henrik wrote:I found where I could check the permission settings for every user and bootsy you have exactly the same permissions as everyone else. You should be able to change your avatar, but the dimensions have to be within certain numbers. Also, you should be able to send and receive pm's, etc. Please let me know if you still have any problems.
Thanks Henrik. I was able to figure out a bootleg way and that was to download an image, resize it to 110 x 110 in Paint, save it to my desktop and then upload it through my user preferences.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Just wanted to let bootsy know that I was intending to send a PM invite for the Artist poll, but I also can't send him anything.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

I don't understand this. "Allow users to send you private messages" is a preference setting. I can't find any permission settings for this.

From my end, it looks like bootsy has "Allow users to send you private messages" set to yes though, so I don't know what could be done.

bootsy, perhaps you could check your preferences on your user control panel. If the setting is yes then maybe switch to no and then back to yes again. That's all I can think of I'm afraid. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Henrik wrote:I don't understand this. "Allow users to send you private messages" is a preference setting. I can't find any permission settings for this.

From my end, it looks like bootsy has "Allow users to send you private messages" set to yes though, so I don't know what could be done.

bootsy, perhaps you could check your preferences on your user control panel. If the setting is yes then maybe switch to no and then back to yes again. That's all I can think of I'm afraid. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.
That's ok no problem. You are doing all you can and I appreciate that. I did log out and back in last night. I did that again and switched my preferences..
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

That's really odd. Even when I manually override all forum and user settings, I still cannot send bootsy a PM. The only thing I can think of that might help is a reactivation; do you have the correct e-mailaddress linked to your account so you can receive a reactivation e-mail?
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Stephan wrote:That's really odd. Even when I manually override all forum and user settings, I still cannot send bootsy a PM. The only thing I can think of that might help is a reactivation; do you have the correct e-mailaddress linked to your account so you can receive a reactivation e-mail?
Hi Stephan. I have the correct email address linked to my account.

I also thought about delete all board cookies. Would that help at all?

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”