Green Day New Single

spiritualized
Full of Fire

Green Day New Single

Post by spiritualized »

Go on, just because I am a big fan of this band (although I can understand the haters)

New single out today, and it's pretty cool. Out with 21st Century Breakdown, back to the American Idiot sound, me thinks,

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/5306/
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Re: Green Day New Single

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Hi spiritualized.

I think the new single is garbage. I heard that it's a grower, but at this point, not really looking forward to the new record.

I definitely think "Bang Bang" calls back to 21st Century Breakdown, an album I think is okay to decent. However, the way they went with this new single, the sound just doesn't seem good to my ears. I'm blaming it on the self-production. They should have stuck with Rob Cavallo, or even Butch Vig. The song also seems sapped of fun, which is what pop-punk has always been grounded in.
From the video and the bad quality of the music, I'm reminded of Muse's "Psycho," which (ironically) heralded a meh to bad album from another waning band.
As this forum's biggest Green Day fan, I was really looking forward to what Green Day had in store for us next, but now I'm really not.
But keep enjoying it if you like it.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

prosecutorgodot wrote:As this forum's biggest Green Day fan, I was really looking forward to what Green Day had in store for us next, but now I'm really not.
As this forum's foremost expert on the sampling of Nina Simone recordings in hip hop songs, I'm dubious as to where you got the grounds to make such a claim :mrgreen:
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Setherex wrote:
prosecutorgodot wrote:As this forum's biggest Green Day fan, I was really looking forward to what Green Day had in store for us next, but now I'm really not.
As this forum's foremost expert on the sampling of Nina Simone recordings in hip hop songs, I'm dubious as to where you got the grounds to make such a claim :mrgreen:

Well, he did rank Green Day as his #1 band in the artist poll...though spiritualized also placed them in the top 10.
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Sorry, I shouldn't have said I'm the biggest fan. Who am I to say such a thing? For a moment, I lost myself and the music snob took over. I apologize if I offended anybody, especially spiritualized!

Also, the song is slightly growing on me, and I have a feeling in the context of the album, it won't bother me too much. Still not looking forward to it though. I would rather hear the new Frank Ocean and Norah Jones.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”