Poll Planning For Rest of 2016

Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Poll Planning For Rest of 2016

Post by Listyguy »

So we have a couple of polls/games that are in their final stretch with Overlooked Songs and ModAcc 7, which leaves us with the 1900-1959 poll (and the ongoing individual artist polls). Are there any suggestions/volunteers for a new poll/game? I have a couple of ideas, though I'm not sure if a) there is anyone who wants to run them (I could probably handle one myslef) or b) if there is interest in these ideas.

Here are my suggestions:
1- Favorite guitarists 2.0
I held one of these back in like 2010, so this one could definitely be up for a round 2
2- Re-Ranking the AM Top 100/150
The idea behind this one is similar to that of the decade polls: we have a set group of songs/albums (in this case the top albums or songs according to AM.net) and the forum members rank them, with these ranks getting compiled into a "re-imagined" top 100/150. The obvious drawback here is that it's the same old songs and albums we always see at the top of our lists (for the most part).

I'd love to hear some suggestions other forumers have!
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Re: Poll Planning For Rest of 2016

Post by andyd1010 »

I like both of those ideas. Also when I first joined a couple months ago it was after I stumbled upon the extinction game, which I thought was really interesting until SavoyBG went too far and ruined it for everybody. We could take the new unofficial top 200, or something similar, and with two votes, a song would be eliminated.
VanillaFire1000
Let's Get It On

Post by VanillaFire1000 »

I really like the 2nd idea.
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

In terms of the 2nd idea, I wish there was a way to omit perennial winners like The Velvet Underground and Nico and OK Computer. Then it would be worthwhile.

EDIT: it just occurred to me that that may be the point of the poll lol. Then it seems ok.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

I like the second idea. I don't know enough to participate in a guitarist poll.

Whuntva mentioned in the update thread that he was interested in running the next Unacclaimed, and I'd like that, too!
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Post by bonnielaurel »

A Bubbling Under tournament is another idea. Lots of good songs and albums are in that limbo between Acclaimed and Unacclaimed.

Guitarists is a good idea. It will probably be dominated by rock, but I hope other styles like classical, jazz and flamenco would receive some attention too.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

I liked the "yearly chart in a daily basis" project we did awhile ago.

I also hope we actually proceed with an EP poll! One sort of got started but wasn't completed due to a lack of votes. I think that lack of votes might change with a formal poll, though.
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Post by bonnielaurel »

I have a list ready for the EP poll, I don't know if it's still running.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I had suggested in an earlier topic doing short genre album polls, would anyone be interested in that still?

And I'd always love to do more of both B-Sides and Overlooked. Should those be an annual thing (I'm assuming B-Sides will only last a few entries, but Overlooked could easily be a recurring thing)?

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”