AMF Survey ❄ Top 100 Christmas Songs (2016) - Ballots due TODAY! (Dec. 21)

Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

AMF Survey ❄ Top 100 Christmas Songs (2016) - Ballots due TODAY! (Dec. 21)

Post by Daniel »

There are just 2 weeks left until Christmas! For the last two years, I asked users to participate in a survey of our top favourite songs celebrating or related to the Christmas season (or winter, etc.)

RULES & GUIDELINES

Carry-over ballots
Unlike other redux surveys conducted at AMF, votes from previous years will not be completely scrapped. All of the participants from the 2014 and 2015 surveys will have their most recent ballot carried over to this year, unless they wish to submit a revised list in place of their old one. In that event, their new ballot will cancel out their old one. Any ballots from first-time participants will have their scores added on to the tally.

List submissions and minimum song requirements
Please send me a private message with a ranked list of your favourite songs that would fit in the Christmas/holiday/winter category (min. 20 songs per list, max. 100)

What counts as a Christmas song?
While many Christmas songs are known for being such that, there are quite an array of topics that the holiday genre covers: the birth of Christ, Santa Claus, snow, reindeer, and winter, among other things. Some are more obviously Christmas songs than others, while there is a lot of dispute about whether or not other songs count as Christmas songs. I like to keep it fairly open to interpretation, so if you consider it a Christmas song, include it on your ballot. There is a chance someone else will, and could show up with a decent finish in the final tally. Some of the songs from the first edition received massive gains in last year's survey because a lot of users said they did not realize certain songs counted, and included them on their next ballots.

Songs by specific artists, classical recordings, and unspecified artists
Since there are many songs that have been recorded by hundreds of different artists, please indicate the recording artist for each of your entries. As we did last year, classical recordings where there may not be a definitive recorded version, composers' names will be accepted. This year, for the first time, I will also be accepting Christmas songs without specific performers, if you have a favourite carol or song, but don't necessarily have a preferred recorded version. In this case, please cite "no artist specified" or leave the artist's name blank. Unspecified versions of songs will be counted separately from versions with specified artists.

Deadline
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, December 21 (which only gives 10 days to get your ballots in!) The results will be posted on or before Dec. 23.

Last year's results
For those of you who may be having a hard time brainstorming some Christmas songs, here are the complete results of last year's survey.

❄ ❄ ❄
Last edited by Daniel on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

Re: AMF Survey ❄ Top 100 Christmas Songs (2016) - Ballots due Dec. 21

Post by Daniel »

Thanks to everyone who has submitted a list so far! We have already received more ballots from new participants this year than we did for last year's survey.

If you haven't submitted a list yet, it isn't too late, but there are only 4 days left until the deadline!
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Jon Baptiste and his band on late night TV, doing some jazzy takes on holiday standards like "Silent Night" and "God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen". Jon Batiste Performs A Holiday Medley
Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Daniel »

We're getting close to the deadline! We've had an excellent turnout so far...more lists have been sent in than any other year so far, and 7 of the ballots so far are from first-time voters! There are still 2 days left to submit your ballots, so if you haven't done it yet, we'd love for you to participate! :D
Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Daniel »

Last day to get your ballots in! :)
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Re: AMF Survey ❄ Top 100 Christmas Songs (2016) - Ballots due TODAY! (Dec. 21)

Post by Moonbeam »

Just saw this and would like to submit a list. Don't know if I have enough time though.
Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

Re: AMF Survey ❄ Top 100 Christmas Songs (2016) - Ballots due TODAY! (Dec. 21)

Post by Daniel »

Moonbeam wrote:Just saw this and would like to submit a list. Don't know if I have enough time though.
Submit a list if you can :) I won't start posting the results until tomorrow evening at the earliest.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”