What to do with "True Love Waits"

Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

What to do with "True Love Waits"

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

I have heard multiple people on the forum suggest that, for AM purposes, the 2001 and 2016 versions of Radiohead's "True Love Waits" should be considered separate songs. I myself have barely listened to either version, so I can't such anything, but I wanted to make a separate thread for people to discuss and explain their reasoning so it can catch Henrik's attention easier.

Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
veganvalentine
Wannabe

Re: What to do with "True Love Waits"

Post by veganvalentine »

I take it AM has never included multiple versions of the same song by the same artist, but I think this should count as two separate entries because critics are clearly citing different versions of the song.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Then what to do when the song is included in a list without mentioning which version?
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

veganvalentine wrote:I take it AM has never included multiple versions of the same song by the same artist, but I think this should count as two separate entries because critics are clearly citing different versions of the song.
That's what happened for Paper Planes quite a lot, for Ante Up, for REALiTi and for a bunch of other songs and we've kept the versions together. The only exception in AM I can think of is Tom's Diner but it's hard to argue those are the same songs.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

Nassim wrote:
veganvalentine wrote:I take it AM has never included multiple versions of the same song by the same artist, but I think this should count as two separate entries because critics are clearly citing different versions of the song.
That's what happened for Paper Planes quite a lot, for Ante Up, for REALiTi and for a bunch of other songs and we've kept the versions together. The only exception in AM I can think of is Tom's Diner but it's hard to argue those are the same songs.
With "Tom's Diner", they were probably kept separate because the different versions have different main artists (the DNA remix has DNA listed as the main artist, unlike many other remixes). I generally agree with combining versions of a song (given the main artist is the same), and I don't know if the people suggesting the split for "True Love Waits" were taking the other incidences into account.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”