What is the best Beatles album? And the worst? (not counting Yellow Submarine)

What is the best Beatles album? (All options are the original UK albums, except where specified)

Abbey Road
22%
Revolver
39%
Sgt. Peppers
17%
White Album
17%
Rubber Soul
6%
A Hard Day's Night
No votes
Help!
No votes
Magical Mistery Tour (American LP)
No votes
Please Please Me
No votes
With The Beatles
No votes
Beatles For Sale
No votes
Yellow Submarine
No votes
Let It Be
No votes

Total votes: 18

mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

What is the best Beatles album? And the worst? (not counting Yellow Submarine)

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Best: Revolver
Worst: Beatles For Sale
User of RYM #507651
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Re: What is the best Beatles album? And the worst? (not counting Yellow Submarine)

Post by andyd1010 »

Best: Abbey Road
Worst: Yellow Submarine. If that doesn't count, With The Beatles. They're all great albums though.
Bang Jan
Full of Fire

Re: What is the best Beatles album? And the worst? (not counting Yellow Submarine)

Post by Bang Jan »

Best: White Album
Worst: Beatles for Sale
"The first word in this song is discorporate. It means to leave your body."
Smithers-Jones
Strange Fruit

Post by Smithers-Jones »

Best: Revolver
Worst: Let It Be
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Abbey Road is definitely my favorite Beatles' album. The first side is mostly great pop and rock gems, while the second half is a beautiful medley (and "Here Comes the Sun"). The combination is incredible, and while it might not be as innovative as some other of their albums, it has the best collection of music, in my opinion.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

Best: Sgt. Pepper
Worst: Introducing... The Beatles
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

For best it's a difficult choice between Revolver (a great and varied collection of songs) and Abbey Road (with a greater flow and therefore more of an album feel), but I went with Revolver.

Worst is easier, I really don't like The White Album. It's all the more frustrating because there are several great songs on there, but there is so much nonsense and rather bad material on there that listening to it from start to finish is an endurance test for me. I never got it's status as an all time classic.
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Rob wrote:For best it's a difficult choice between Revolver (a great and varied collection of songs) and Abbey Road (with a greater flow and therefore more of an album feel), but I went with Revolver.

Worst is easier, I really don't like The White Album. It's all the more frustrating because there are several great songs on there, but there is so much nonsense and rather bad material on there that listening to it from start to finish is an endurance test for me. I never got it's status as an all time classic.
The White Album would be objectively better as a single album. But in many ways, the mess that is The White Album is a big part of the album's appeal. Please, read commentaries and reviews that praise The White Album to understand better what I say.
User of RYM #507651
JohnnyBGoode
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JohnnyBGoode »

My favourite is Rubber Soul as it's really the album that marks a step change in not just their discography but changed the face of modern music.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”