EOY Songs Spreadsheet - Updates

Otisredding
Keep On Movin'

Re: EOY Songs Spreadsheet - Updates

Post by Otisredding »

1) I have reviewed Playgroundmag.net: No have published national songs lists 2009, 2010 and 2011

2) The only Spanish song on the list international songs lists is John Talabot . With albums is the same.

It is strange but true. It is also strange that Barcelona lost 4-0 against Bayern. It is strange but true. :cry:
Blanco
Rust Never Sleeps

Re: EOY Songs Spreadsheet - Updates

Post by Blanco »

I have read the list and found very small imperfect details. Nothing major, but still worth mentioning, you know.

Number 29, "New for U", says "Andres" instead of "Andrés". This may seem not very important since the accent is not used in English, but I think his name is in a foreign language, so maybe we should keep it with an accent.

Number 27 refers to "Sky Ferreira" first by name and not by their surname, unlike the other entries I've read.

Number 248, Aline, combines three different songs in the same cell: "Hélas / Deux hirondelles / Je bois et puis je danse (Pierrick Devin / Alf Briat 'Gambit Mix')" I think they are the remaining songs from their vinyl EP if we subtract "Je Bois Et Puis Je Danse", located in the list at number 203. It is the same case of Lou Doillon. Apparently Magicrpm published them that way ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=737 ). But seeing several songs in the same cell causes me SomethingIDon'tKnowWhat. Maybe we should divide or multiply the points for each case, I do not know.

Both the number 56 as the 62 are from John Talabot feat. Pional. Only the number 62 says it.

The number 27 (again), has a typo. Missing an "r" in "Embarrassing".

The cell for Pedestrian also has a typo in the country. Replacing an "a" with an "i" in "Australia".

The cells corresponding to NPR and One Thirty BPM, are linking to lists from 2011 instead of 2012.

Finally, Breezeblocks from alt-J, should be in the top 10, it's a very good song! Just kidding, that's just personal taste.

Oh, and a suggestion: Would it not be better to put together into one section Canada, USA and Mexico, and name it "North America"? I think it does not change much the final result. And the little it changes, I do not like, but it might be more efficient. While yes, it is unnecessary.

Otherwise, the list is great. More than that! Beyond personal tastes, his structure is almost perfect. Keep the good work. Pardon my poor writing, and thanks for everything. I hope this is not too bad for a first contribution.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”