AMF Weekly Chart

Poll ended at Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Vampire Weekend - Harmony Hall
8%
Sharon van Etten - Seventeen
9%
Foals - Exit
10%
Lana Del Rey - hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it
9%
The Black Keys - Lo / Hi
10%
Jenny Lewis - Red Bull And Hennessy
6%
Sunflower Bean - Twenty Two
6%
D'Angelo - Unshaken
5%
Cat Power - Woman
4%
Deafheaven - Near
6%
Andrew Bird - Sisyphus
5%
Xiu Xiu - Pumpkin Attack on Mommy and Daddy
1%
King Gizzard - Fishing for Fishes
1%
Andrew Bird - Olympians
4%
The Specials - Embarrassed By You
4%
Broken Social Scene - Can't Find My Heart
3%
Strand Of Oaks - Visions
1%
Little Simz - Flowers
2%
Solange - Almeda
2%
Stella Donnelly - Beware Of The Dogs
2%

Total votes: 98

TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

AMF Weekly Chart 19.06

Post by TheLastEnemy »

Hello and welcome to instalment 19.06 of the Weekly Chart. Please be gentle with me, it's my first time hosting this!

Noteworthy:

:scared-shocked: 101 votes this week (-12)
:scared-shocked: Vampire Weekend return to Number One
:scared-shocked: One new entry for the Black Keys
:scared-shocked: Two songs kicked out - Better Oblivion Community Center and The Heavy
:scared-shocked: No Hoffers this week

Without further ado, here is your chart - HAPPY VOTING - and remember to vote for the young'uns !!! (suggestion : between 3 & 5 of your votes)

The Chart:

Hall of Fame 2019:

2019 Chart (number of weeks as n°1)

Cat Power : Woman (1)
Vampire Weekend : Harmony Hall (2)
Sharon Van Etten :Seventeen (2)
Lana Del Rey : hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it (1)
Last edited by TheLastEnemy on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Presenter of 'The New Music Show' on www.welcomberadio.org.uk, Thursdays 6-8pm (UK time)
Listen later: https://www.mixcloud.com/chris-last/
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Re: AMF Weekly Chart 19.06

Post by TheLastEnemy »

Hmmm, some issues with this - I am getting help with how to fix the bits that have gone wrong, so please bear with me.
Presenter of 'The New Music Show' on www.welcomberadio.org.uk, Thursdays 6-8pm (UK time)
acroamor
Shake Some Action

Post by acroamor »

William Tyler - Virginia Is For Loners
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

Knock off the s from https and delete everything from ? onwards.
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Post by TheLastEnemy »

DaveC wrote:
Knock off the s from https and delete everything from ? onwards.
Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be! Thank you!
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

As someone who has more than enough experience with running out of time to update the Weekly Chart, a big thank you and congrats to spiritualized on his run of the project. It's quite an effort, and I never expressed how impressed I was with your handling of it ;)

Best of luck to LastEnemy on your initial takeover. Someone on this forum needs to support the newest releases in stride.

ONE suggestion I will throw in that I didn't understand the purpose of - why make the weekly Spotify playlist entirely new every week? Seems it would work better to have one playlist that updates every week, otherwise it's impossible to follow & subscribe to.
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

Setherex wrote:As someone who has more than enough experience with running out of time to update the Weekly Chart, a big thank you and congrats to spiritualized on his run of the project. It's quite an effort, and I never expressed how impressed I was with your handling of it ;)

Best of luck to LastEnemy on your initial takeover. Someone on this forum needs to support the newest releases in stride.

ONE suggestion I will throw in that I didn't understand the purpose of - why make the weekly Spotify playlist entirely new every week? Seems it would work better to have one playlist that updates every week, otherwise it's impossible to follow & subscribe to.
Agreed on all points.

Thanks for all the effort spiritualized.
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

Good on you TheLastEnemy! You're doing well!
"On a mountain range, I'm Dr. Strange"
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

And thanks also Spiritualized for all your hard work!
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Post by TheLastEnemy »

Setherex wrote:As someone who has more than enough experience with running out of time to update the Weekly Chart, a big thank you and congrats to spiritualized on his run of the project. It's quite an effort, and I never expressed how impressed I was with your handling of it ;)

Thanks Setherex, I agree with you about the Spotify playlist and will change it for next time.

If anyone can advise on how to import a table from Excel into a post here, I would be very grateful.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Hi and thanks for the support. The chart is a labor of love, really taking a chunk of free time, but when it's running fine, it shouldn't take more than an hour to put together.
Setherex, the Spotify playlist idea is great, why didn't I think about this before ? I have countless playlists in my library which I didn't know what to do with. The only downside is that you can't go back to archives if needed, but not sure anyone needed it...

TheLastEnemy = I tried to import excel spreadsheets, but it wont't appear onscreen, it's just an attachment. The only way around this is to work on your spreadsheet, take a jpg snapshot of it and upload it on pictures websites like tinypic. Once you upload them, they create a link which you can paste in the thread.
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Post by TheLastEnemy »

Thanks spiritualized, all sorted!
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

Tusks - Peachy Keen
bob hund - Vi är såå lyckliga som bara olyckliga människor kan bli
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

I have to say that the Andrew Bird songs are really top quality - bodes very well for the album, which I have yet to listen...
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

LastEnemy - are you doing the Classics Edtion too?
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

madzong wrote:LastEnemy - are you doing the Classics Edtion too?
Nope, I will be doing it today :)
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

PS : Did anyone notice the uncanny similarity of Jenny Lewis' voice to Kate Bush...freaky. The music is more upbeat, but this could be a doppelganger...
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

spiritualized wrote:I have to say that the Andrew Bird songs are really top quality - bodes very well for the album, which I have yet to listen...
Hello Spiritualized, j'espère que tu te reposes bien de ne plus devoir animer ce "jeu" ?
Otherwise Andrew Bird is always a wonder, he has never done anything bad, his songs are always little sweets for the ear. Very little esteemed here, I don't know why?
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

Charlie Faye & The Fayettes - 'The Whole Shebang'
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Post by TheLastEnemy »

spiritualized wrote:PS : Did anyone notice the uncanny similarity of Jenny Lewis' voice to Kate Bush...freaky. The music is more upbeat, but this could be a doppelganger...
On a similar note, is it just me or does Weyes Blood sound like Karen Carpenter?
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Romain wrote:
spiritualized wrote:I have to say that the Andrew Bird songs are really top quality - bodes very well for the album, which I have yet to listen...
Hello Spiritualized, j'espère que tu te reposes bien de ne plus devoir animer ce "jeu" ?
Otherwise Andrew Bird is always a wonder, he has never done anything bad, his songs are always little sweets for the ear. Very little esteemed here, I don't know why?
Hello Romain, oui ! Je me repose, et j’en profite pour écouter plus de musique. C’est du gagnant gagnant !

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”