New Tool and Lana on the same day!

andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

New Tool and Lana on the same day!

Post by andyd1010 »

My first impressions...

Pretty much what you would expect from Tool: extremely long songs with complex time signatures that are dense and will require me a few listens to fully form an opinion. But it's definitely a good album up to the standard set by all of their previous releases. Not too much seems to have changed stylistically besides a new fascination with the number 7.

I love Lana's album. I voted her 2nd on our Women in Music poll behind Aretha Franklin. After this album and the outstanding Looking for America, she is now my clear #1.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Re: New Tool and Lana on the same day!

Post by Jackson »

This was a pretty amazing day for new releases, especially for late August. Loving the new Lana along with everyone else and looking forward to listening to Tool, who I used to enjoy a lot in high school (and amazingly, they haven't come out with an album since then). I think the emphasis on numerology is nothing new for Tool, though I'm interested to hear how it comes into play here.
Matski
Rust Never Sleeps

Re: New Tool and Lana on the same day!

Post by Matski »

The last few week's releases have been exciting/punishing for the listening schedule. New records from Missy Elliott, Rapsody, Brockhampton, Raphael Saadiq, Little Brother, Lana Del Rey, Sleater-Kinney, Bon Iver, Tropical Fuck Storm, Oh Sees, King Gizz', Blanck Mass and (finally after thirteen years) Tool have all been high on my list.

This week, I'm only mildly interested in the new Bat for Lashes album. Kinda grateful to have some breathing space in order to catch-up. It's also helpful because looking at next week's releases on Metacritic we're back to being busy again!

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”