10%
Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
8%

Total votes: 39

Wisnu Tirta Aji
Different Class

AMF WC Forgotten Hits Edition 6

Post by Wisnu Tirta Aji »

This is the sixth edition of AMF WC Forgotten Hits. You can nominate and vote the best radio hits here. There are rules for weekly chart forgotten hits: Miss the Top 50 of AM's greatest radio hits of each year and each 10 years and did not featured on AM list.

As I say, forgotten hits' rule are miss the Top 50 of AM and did not featured on AM list. So, 9 forgotten radio hits - 1 forgotten radio hit as a tribute to someone and 8 others as additional nominations - are successfully passed the forgotten hits selection due to miss the Top 50 of AM and did not featured on AM list, especially for "free bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd where it miss the Top 50 of AM's greatest radio hits of the 1970s.

And this time, Lynyrd Skynyrd lose their member, Larry Junstrom, who passed away several days ago. So, as a tribute to Larry Junstrom, their track, "free bird", released as a single and reaching the Top 40 of Billboard's Hot 100, nominated into the sixth edition of forgotten hits along with 19 other radio hits.

Also, because forgotten hits didn't blank due to 9 previous forgotten hits lose in the previous edition, 9 new forgotten hits including "free bird" - see above - will be entering the new edition of forgotten hits along with 11 other radio hits from different genres like New Wave, Alternative, Soft Rock, Yacht Ballad, Power Ballad, Indie, Pop, and many more.

Overview
New Entries
Blackpink - Ddu-Du Ddu-Du
The first Korean entry featured on all time forgotten hits and the fifth Asian entry after Endah N Rhesa, Marion Jola, Sore, and Ten 2 Five, where they're all - except Blackpink - are all-Indonesian, especially for Marion Jola where she standing on forgotten hits chart for 5 weeks, in the sixth week, her name was dropped off the chart.

Because "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du" was written in Korean language although it featured some English language, the Korean language is more hard to learn than English language. So, it need more teaching from Korean teachers.

Dicky Doo & The Don'ts - Click Clack
Although it reaching the Top 40 of Billboard's Hot 100, many millenial listeners didn't know this 1950s radio hit and later to be included on forgotten hits chart in the sixth edition.

It wasn't super serious until 1979 where a record, "Ready 'n' Steady", performed by an act named D.A., cited as a "phantom record" by record collectors even super forgotten hit because it never mastered in the mix studio to distributed as any formats - like vinyl, DVD, compact disc, digital download, streaming, and many more - or heavy airplay on radio stations although it reaching #102 on its peak of Billboard's Hot 100 or #2 on Billboard's Bubbling Under the Hot 100 even Joel Whitburn try so hard to find this record.

It still a phantom record for this record until 2016 and who's performing this record was finally found. "Ready 'n' Steady" was performed by D.A. and written by Dennis Armand Lucchesi (1945-2005) and Jim Franks although the record label of this record is only imagination.

Europe - Carrie
Because AM only featured another track, "the final countdown", it was later included here although "Carrie" reaching the Top 10 of Billboard's Hot 100.

Hoobastank - the reason
Although it reaching #2 on Billboard's Hot 100, the same position as of "open arms" by Journey, "in the end" by Linkin Park, "reminiscing" by Little River Band, and many more, the Top 50 of AM's greatest radio hits of the 2000s didn't featured "the reason".

Jessica Simpson - with you
A hit for her with reaching the Top 40 of Billboard's Hot 100 but miss the Top 50 of AM's greatest radio hits where the radio hit was released. It was the first radio hit performed by a teen act in the Hilary Duff era in the 2000s since "I wanna be with you" by Mandy Moore where it featured in the first edition of forgotten hits chart but dropped off the chart the following edition.

Jet - look what you've done
Because AM more sighting to another track, "are you gonna be my girl?", a Garage Punk Revival track, the Soft Rock ballad, "look what you've done", was included here although both reaching the Top 50 of Billboard's Hot 100.

Beside two radio hits, Jet have more radio hits, which was mainly Garage Punk Revival. The name, "Jet", is refer to the track, "Jet", performed by Paul McCartney.

Journey - open arms
Although it reaching #2 on Billboard's Hot 100, it miss the Top 50 of AM's greatest radio hits of the 1980s. So, this radio hit is also included here.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - free bird
The second longest radio hit on all time forgotten hits after "Fear Inoculum" by Tool and the third radio hits featured here - combined with the previous editions of forgotten hits - lasting at over 9 minutes, the third position is "July Morning" by Axel Rudi Pell is 9 minutes and 58 seconds.

On the other hand, in my mind, there are some shortest radio hit but the complete list is featured here.

The first shortest radio hit to reach #1 on Billboard's Hot 100 happens in the beginning of the 1960s where "stay" by Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs is 1 minutes and 36 seconds.

In the 2000s, in Indonesia, a track titled "on the night like this" performed by Mocca from the album, friends, is just 1 minutes and 17 seconds, and supposedly to be the shortest track but did not charting on Billboard's Hot 100.

However, back to the 1960s where a minor hit titled "little boxes" performed by The Womenfolk is less than 1 minutes and 10 seconds and to be the very shortest track to reach the Top 100 of Billboard's Hot 100 at that time after beating up "stay". However, "stay" still the shortest track to reach #1 on Billboard's Hot 100.

It wasn't until I investigate Sarah Jeffery, a Canadian act who best known several days ago for her single, "queen of mean", from the soundtrack of a Disney film. Another track, a short cover of the birthday tune, "happy birthday", also from that soundtrack, is just 37 seconds, also supposedly to be the shortest track but did not charting on Billboard's Hot 100.

Lynyrd Skynyrd's "free bird" was reaching the Top 40 of Billboard's Hot 100 but miss the Top 50 of AM's greatest radio hits of the 1970s. Lynyrd Skynyrd's sole track is a tribute to Larry Junstorm, who passed away several days ago.

Richard Marx - right here waiting
A hit for him with reaching #1 on Billboard's Hot 100 but once again miss the Top 50 of AM's greatest radio hits of the 1980s.

Previous Entries
Axel Rudi Pell - July Morning
The third longest radio hit on all time forgotten hits after "free bird" and "Fear Inoculum". Later, it dropped off the chart after five weeks standing here.

David Ruffin - walk away from love
One of only two Motown entries where unfortunately dropped off the chart after only two weeks standing here.

Ellie Goulding - lights
One of only two overlooked radio hit entries where her entry was dropped off the chart after three weeks standing here. On the other hand, Paramore become the only overlooked act that still standing here.

Frank Black - headache
Just a week to standing here, Frank Black would be one of three acts that dropped off the chart along with Roxette and Tracy Chapman. However, two other acts, Cream and Martika, still standing here.

Marion Jola - so in love
After five weeks standing here, her name now dropped off the chart, which means, Marion Jola become the most successful Indonesian act to stand on forgotten hits chart for many weeks, longer than Endah N Rhesa, Sore, and Ten 2 Five.

Because of this, maybe, her success later inspiring other Indonesian acts like Ahmad Abdul, Rizky Febian, Sheryl Sheinafia, and many more.

If I was an entertainment critic, I look at her voice that she can be compares to Ariana Grande, Meghan Trainor, or Korean woman acts that similar to both.

Roxette - listen to your heart
One of three acts where only a week on forgotten hits chart, their name - including Roxette - dropped off the chart the following week.

The Miracles Feat. Billy Griffin - love machine
If someone thinking that this band is always featuring Smokey Robinson. In "love machine", it featuring Billy Griffin, which was an unusual for this band.

However, their entry now dropped off the chart with another Motown act, David Ruffin, after two weeks standing here and now no other Motown acts to featured on forgotten hits chart except with your nominations.

Tool - Fear Inoculum
The very longest radio hit on all time forgotten hits. Previously known viral after beating up a track by David Bowie as the longest radio hit to reach on Billboard's Hot 100, it later dropped off the forgotten hits chart after five weeks standing here.

Tracy Chapman - baby can I hold you
This radio hit by a Blues-styled act is now dropped off the chart after only a week standing here.

Review
If I review more detail about the sixth edition of forgotten hits chart, it was return to concern to all the hits chart like Billboard's Hot 100 or the UK Singles Chart but with different rules like miss the Top 50 of AM's greatest radio hits of each year and each 10 years and did not featured on AM list.

Also, in this edition, only 7 out of 20 classic radio hits that successfully reaching the next level of forgotten hits chart, which means, 13 other classic radio hits - including one Indonesian Pop track - failed to reach the next level.

If you like everything like foreign language track, phantom record, the longest track, the shortest track, and many more, vote and nominate your favorite radio hits right now!

:scared-shocked: 41 votes last week
:scared-shocked: 9 new entries : Blackpink, Dicky Doo & The Don'ts, Europe, Hoobastank, Jessica Simpson, Jet, Journey, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Richard Marx
:text-bump: Kicked out this week : Axel Rudi Pell, David Ruffin, Ellie Goulding, Frank Black, Marion Jola, Roxette, The Miracles Feat. Billy Griffin, Tool, and Tracy Chapman
Screenshot_2019-10-14-14-56-50.png

Top Chart

Air Supply - All Out of Love (6)
Ambrosia - Biggest Part of Me (6)
Bic Runga - Sway (6)
Echosmith - Let's Love (6)
Giant - I'm a Believer (6)
Icehouse - Electric Blue (6)
Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find a Way (6)
Axel Rudi Pell - July Morning (5)
Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight (5)
Marion Jola - So in Love (5)
Tool - Fear Inoculum (5)
Dan Byrd - Boulevard (4)
Paramore - Still Into You (4)
Steelheart - She's Gone (4)
White Lion - You're All I Need (4)
Winger - Miles Away (4)
Ellie Goulding - Lights (3)
Ric Ocasek - Emotion in Motion (3)
Cream - Sunshine of Your Love (2)
David Ruffin - Walk Away from Love (2)
FireHouse - When I Look Into Your Eyes (2)
Martika - Toy Soldiers (2)
The Miracles Feat. Billy Griffin - Love Machine (2)
Arjan Brass - Leonie (1)
Bill Deal and the Rhondels - I've Been Hurt (1)
Blackpink - Ddu-Du Ddu-Du (1)
Dicky Doo & The Don'ts - Click Clack (1)
Endah N Rhesa - When You Love Someone (1)
Europe - Carrie (1)
Frank Black - Headache (1)
Hoobastank - The Reason (1)
Jackie Ross - Selfish One (1)
Jessica Simpson - With You (1)
Jet - Look What You've Done (1)
Jimmy Bowen - I'm Stickin' with You (1)
Journey - Open Arms (1)
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (1)
Mandy Moore - I Wanna Be with You (1)
Miley Cyrus - Malibu (1)
Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting (1)
Roxette - Listen to Your Heart (1)
Sore - No Fruits for Today (1)
Ten 2 Five - I Will Fly (1)
Tommy Page - I'll Be Your Everything (1)
Tracy Chapman - Baby Can I Hold You (1)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Director of Top Hits and also founder of Top 500 Radio Hits of All Time, now Top 500+ and soon grown up to Top 1000+.

Coming soon:
Top 1000+ Tournament Poll

Signature:
Top 1000+ Tournament Poll is the music version of election day.
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Re: AMF WC Forgotten Hits Edition 6

Post by andyd1010 »

Where is this so called list of AM’s 50 greatest radio hits?
Wisnu Tirta Aji
Different Class

andyd1010 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:09 pm Where is this so called list of AM’s 50 greatest radio hits?
What I mean, "radio hits" is also mean "songs". You can see all the Top 50 of AM's greatest songs of each time here, combined with AM's greatest albums but the Top 50 of AM's greatest songs starts in the 1890s where only 5 songs - 1 song featured on the Top 10000 of AM's greatest songs of all time and 4 others featured on bubbling-under -, which means, the greatest songs of the 1890s were less than 50 songs.
Director of Top Hits and also founder of Top 500 Radio Hits of All Time, now Top 500+ and soon grown up to Top 1000+.

Coming soon:

Signature:
Wisnu Tirta Aji
Different Class

Badfinger - Day After Day
Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
Face to Face - 10-9-8
Kix - Don't Close Your Eyes
REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You
Styx - Babe
The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Coming soon:

Signature:

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”