o.m.
Different Class

R.I.P. Roxette

Post by o.m. »

Harold
Into the Groove

Re: R.I.P. Roxette

Post by Harold »

Well...R.I.P. half of Roxette. Lead singer Marie Frederiksson has passed away, but musical partner Per Gessle is still with us.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

Very sad to hear this. I saw Roxette twice in concert, most recently on the steps of the Sydney Opera House in February, 2015. Marie was clearly ailing at the show, using a cane to support herself while standing and sitting down during much of the show. But I'll be damned if she didn't belt her heart out like the trooper she is.

Roxette's music was huge as I was just getting into music, and they were big favorites early on with hits like "Listen to Your Heart" and "Dangerous". I taught myself how to play several of their songs on the piano and though other artists have meant more to me in ensuing years, I still like them enough to have ranked them my 53rd favorite artist in our most recent poll.

My top 20 Roxette songs:

1. "Paint"
2. "Silver Blue"
3. "Dangerous"
4. "Listen to Your Heart"
5. "Almost Unreal"
6. "Half a Woman, Half a Shadow"
7. "Opportunity Nox"
8. "Stars"
9. "Fading Like a Flower (Every Time You Leave)"
10. "Anyone"
11. "Dance Away"
12. "Cry"
13. "Chances"
14. "Spending My Time"
15. "Run to You"
16. "(Do You Get) Excited?"
17. "Salvation"
18. "The Look"
19. "Beautiful Things"
20. "Waiting for the Rain"
luvulongTIM
Different Class

Post by luvulongTIM »

Always wondered if there was a Roxette Box Set and if they’d name it cause Roxette box set pretty much sells itself.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

luvulongTIM wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:16 pm Always wondered if there was a Roxette Box Set and if they’d name it cause Roxette box set pretty much sells itself.
They have the RoxBox!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_RoxBo ... test_Songs

Post by _______________ »

I remember that the first mixtape I played to death in late 1989 was from my younger brother who got it from an older elementary school bud of his and it fundamentally introduced me to modern pop music (because my parents' audio tapes only played Bob Dylan, Dire Straits, Sam Cooke, Aretha, Bruce's Live 1975-85 and You Can Call Me Al at that time) and I still remember the order the audio cassette ran it till this day: 01. The Look, 02. Pump Up The Jam, 03. She Drives Me Crazy, 04. Eternal Flame and yes, a Euro Tanz hit record called 05. Jack To The Sound Of The Underground --- the foundations of my childhood, and you don't mess with that.
Fred
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Fred »

How it REALLY started: The Look = Hot Thing + U Got The Look, W.S.B.P
Fred
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Fred »

Fred wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:53 pm How it started: The Look = Hot Thing + U Got The Look :)

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”