Albums and Songs of 1970 Poll

Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Re: Albums and Songs of 1970 Poll

Post by Andre »

Dan wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:45 pm
Andre wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:28 pm Hey Dan, I finally caught up and have the 1970 list complete. At the beginning of this year my aim was to establish a top 100 for each year starting 1950, but that is going to take me too much time (yes I am a perfectionist). So I am going back to a minimum of 50 songs, or all songs with 4 stars and higher, still a nice collection per year.
Admirable list, as always. "Het Dorp" by Wim Sonneveld is a pleasant bit of nostalgia with moving lyrics, and a nice discovery. I also noticed it high on antonius's list. It's the kind of song that at first sounds a bit out of place among the other songs on your list, but after listening to it a couple of times I can understand how it ended up being a Dutch treasure.
Het dorp is a cover of Jean Ferrat's La Montagne and the lyrics were written by Wim Sonneveld's partner.
Besides that it is a nice song it also brings strong nostalgic feelings to me (being Dutch and having almost lived for 18 years now in the black forest that is logical).

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”