Collaborative playlist for the AMF top 1000 albums

Romain
Happy Up Here

Re: Collaborative playlist for the AMF top 1000 albums

Post by Romain »

644. David Bowie – The Man Who Sold the World The Man Who Sold the World and All The MAdmen
641. My Morning Jacket – Z Off the Record and Lay Low
636. Jacques Brel – Olympia 64 Amsterdam obviously and Les vieux
631. The Human League – Dare! Don’t You Want Me and Open Your Heart
630. Frank Zappa – Hot Rats agree with the critics Peaches en Regalia and Willie the Pimp
rumpdoll
Different Class

Post by rumpdoll »

i'm mostly ok with the preselections this time:

649. The Sound – Jeopardy
Missiles
Heartland

628. Wipers - Youth of America
Youth of America
When It’s Over

626. Pulp – This Is Hardcore
This Is Hardcore
A little Soul
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

Pearl Jam – Vitalogy: I only really knew Pearl Jam from their biggest hits (which I loved) since I had Rearviewmirror in pretty regular rotation when I was a teen. Earlier this year I decided to listen to their whole discography and I was shocked at how many of their albums were great front to back. For Vitalogy, I have grown to love Last Exit and Better Man still kicks ass and is absurdly catchy, much to the chagrin of Pearl Jam, I’m sure.

Pearl Jam – Vs.: Vs., as it seems the people of this forum agree, is an even better listen. There’s not a bad track here but I have to give it up to two of the best acoustic songs the band every recorded, Daughter and Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town.

The The – Soul Mining: I know I keep saying this but I want to put credit where it’s due, I first heard this through our MAA tournament! I always saw the album cover in record stores and thought, “Wow, that’s a terrible band name” and never gave it a second thought. Glad it’s in my life now, I’ve Been Waitin’ For Tomorrow (All of My Life) and especially This is the Day are now two of my favorites from the 80’s.

FKA Twigs – LP1: This actually ended up being the lowest FKA Twigs album on my list, LP1 already shattered all the rules in modern R&B but she seems to get even more bold and surprising as time goes on. Lights On is legitimately sexy and does a good job easing you into her headspace, while the dramatic and beautiful Pendulum is the apex.

R.E.M. – New Adventures in Hi-FI: Following the band’s most divisive album, making the haunting E-Bow the Letter the new lead single was probably what officially killed off R.E.M.’s tenure as global superstars, not they minded. I certainly don’t mind either, for me this was one of their strangest and best singles they ever produced while being a wonderful elegy for a friend. There’s nothing too strange about Electrolite, but it’s a wonderful encapsulation of a waning century and also fits as a perfect send off from the band as a 4-piece.

The Beatles – Please Please Me: As always with the Beatles, there are quite a few great songs to choose from. My favorites have been the party tracks that bookend the album, I Saw Her Standing There and Twist and Shout. Also it goes without saying, hail Satan. :twisted:

Lucinda Williams – Car Wheels on a Gravel Road: I still find it find it impressive and quite hilarious that she started her album with a track as straightforward and raunchy as Right in Time. 2 Kool 2 Be 4-Gotten is the first time the album slows down and Lucinda uses the space to make a lovely ode to a bar.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

Idles – Joy as an Act of Resistance: Everyone’s familiar with this one so I won’t say much, Colossus rules and Great is a showcase for how funny the band could be while still making no concessions on the commentary.

Mount Eerie – A Crow Looked at Me: This one still hurts, it came out a year after I got married and I cried through the whole thing, still do actually. What makes this so significant is how Phil manages to wring some deeply heartfelt and lucid thoughts right in the middle of the worst moment of his life. Real Death and Toothbrush/Trash are the two that affect me most, that line about his wife’s photograph starting to replace his memory of her really gets to me.

Lou Reed – New York: I always felt that Lou Reed was probably the most New Yorkian musician out there (with possible exception of Jay-Z) so it’s fitting he would title one of his best albums after the city. His lyrics here are just as good as ever, Romeo Had Juliette and Dirty Blvd. being the highlights for me.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Ghosteen: I think this was the most recent album on my list, and I mulled over whether I knew it long enough to include but I can’t imagine I’ll stop being impressed with it any time soon. Much has been said about Nick Cave’s new non-linear storytelling, the man himself stated that he felt a new found freedom in his writing process and it shows. The opening track Spinning Song sets the tone pretty well with Nick’s rarely-heard falsetto and absence of any percussion, I can’t really tell what Leviathan is about but I love how the instrumentation sounds like something large swimming under water.

Jamie xx – In Colour: Oh my Gosh! This really is a colorful album that doesn’t settle on any ideas for too long but they all work. My other vote besides the amazing opening track is Stranger in a Room which serves as a nice bridge between The xx’s minimalist records and the more lush I See You that would come later.

Belle and Sebastian – Tigermilk: Going back over the list, I was shocked at how many B & S albums I forgot to include on mine…oh well. I’ll have to go with what could be my favorite two songs of theirs period, The State I Am In and Expectations.

Car Seat Headrest – Teens of Denial: I hope I’m wrong, but Teens of Denial might end up being the last significant straight-ahead rock album, since I don’t think there have been any since that have been this good (except maybe his Twin Fantasy remake?). Fill in the Blank throws you right in and pummels you with one of many incredible choruses on the record, but Destroyed By Hippie Powers confounds me to this day how a chorus this monotonous can be so unbelievably sticky.
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

FrankLotion wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:17 am For Vitalogy, I have grown to love Last Exit and Better Man still kicks ass and is absurdly catchy, much to the chagrin of Pearl Jam, I’m sure.
Why, because people gloss over the lyrics?

I also shortchanged Belle and Sebastian. Somehow hadn't listened to Tigermilk until it popped up here. I already knew The State I Am In, and I agree that Expectations is phenomenal too.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

andyd1010 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 pm
FrankLotion wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:17 am For Vitalogy, I have grown to love Last Exit and Better Man still kicks ass and is absurdly catchy, much to the chagrin of Pearl Jam, I’m sure.
Why, because people gloss over the lyrics?
Yeah exactly, I think the band (and especially Eddie) at this point were starting to get irritated that a lot of fans were treating them like a pop band and ignoring their increasingly activist lyrics. To those fans' credit, I think Better Man does sound more like a pop song than anything else.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Could squeeze in an update today. You get two helpings of The Who with some added Heinz Baked Beans, as well as albums filled with other kinds of nutrition.

625. The Rolling Stones – Some Girls
Miss You (2)
Beast of Burden (2)

624. Interpol – Antics
Evil (2)
Not Even Jail (2)
Next Exit (1)
Public Pervert (1)

623. Jay-Z – The Black Album
Interlude (Public Service Announcement) (2)
99 Problems (1)
Lucifer (1)
December 4th (1)
Moment of Clarity (1)

622. The Notwist – Neon Golden
Consequence (3)
One With the Freaks (2)
Pilot (1)

621. Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy – I See a Darkness
I See a Darkness (3)
A Minor Place (2)
Death to Everyone (1)

620. Burial – Kindred EP
Ashtray Wasp (3)
Loner (3)
Kindred (2)

619. Japandroids – Celebration Rock
The House That Heaven Built (2)
Younger Us (1)
Fire’s Highway (1)

618. Gram Parsons – Grievous Angel
Return of the Grievous Angel (2)
Love Hurts (2)

617. Grimes – Visions
Oblivion (2)
Genesis (2)

616. The Who – My Generation
My Generation (2)
The Kids Are Alright (2)

615. Grandaddy – The Sophtware Slump
The Crystal Lake (2)
He’s Simple, He’s Dumb, He’s the Pilot (2)

614. The Byrds – Sweetheart of the Rodeo
You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere (2)
Hickory Wind (2)
One Hundred Years Or More (2)

613. The Police – Regatta de Blanc
Message in a Bottle (2)
Walking on the Moon (2)
The Bed’s Too Big Without You (1)
Bring On the Night (1)

612. Muse – Origin of Symmetry
Plug In Baby (3)
New Born (3)
Feeling Good (1)
Citizen Erased (1)

611. Sonic Youth – Dirty
100% (2)
Swimsuit Issue (1)

610. Queens of the Stone Age – Rated R
In the Fade (3)
Better Living Through Chemistry (2)
The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret (1)

609. Talking Heads – Talking Heads: 77
Psycho Killer (2)
Love -> Building on Fire (1)
Uh-Oh, Love Comes To Town (1)

608. Willie Colón & Ruben Bladés – Siembra
Plástico (2)
Pedro Navajo (1)
Siembra (1)

607. Madonna – Ray of Light
Frozen (3)
Ray of Light (2)
Mer Girl (1)
Drowned World/ Substitute for Love (1)

606. The Libertines – Up the Bracket
Time for Heroes (2)
Up the Bracket (1)
Death on the Stairs (1)

605. James Blake – James Blake
The Wilhelm Scream (1)
Measurements (1)

604. Built to Spill – Keep It Like a Secret [Not on Spotify]
Carry the Zero (2)
Center of the Universe (1)
Broken Chairs (1)

603. Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
Australia (2)
A Design for Life (1)
Enola/ Alone (1)

602. Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
Slow Burn (2)
Rainbow (1)
Butterflies (1)
Oh, What a World (1)
Golden Hour (1)

601. The Who – The Who Sell Out
I Can See for Miles (3)
Rael (1)
Silas Stingy (1)
Our Love Was (1)
Last edited by Rob on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Only one album from my list was in that group:

621. Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy – I See a Darkness
I See a Darkness (1)
Death to Everyone (1)

The title track is at once deeply depressing and the same time a very warm ode to friendship. Death to Everyone goes equally dark, but also finds a way to do it with humor (albeit of the gallows kind). Truly one of the great singer/songwriter albums, which makes me think that I should check out more Will Oldham.

By the way, I only updated the playlist for today's 25 albums. I have not been able to count your votes and process them. That will not happen until Monday, but I hope to get a one or two of these updates out before that.
Bang Jan
Full of Fire

Post by Bang Jan »

615. Grandaddy – The Sophtware Slump
He’s Simple, He’s Dumb, He’s the Pilot
The Crystal Lake

Rael
I Can See for Miles
"The first word in this song is discorporate. It means to leave your body."
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

625. The Rolling Stones – Some Girls
Beast of Burden
Miss You

624. Interpol – Antics
Evil
Next Exit

623. Jay-Z – The Black Album
99 Problems
Lucifer

616. The Who – My Generation
My Generation
The Kids Are Alright

614. The Byrds – Sweetheart of the Rodeo
You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere
Hickory Wind

Plug In Baby
Feeling Good

606. The Libertines – Up the Bracket
Time for Heroes
Up the Bracket

602. Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
Rainbow
Slow Burn
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

618. Gram Parsons – Grievous Angel
- Love Hurts
- Return of the Grievous Angel

613. The Police – Reggatta de Blanc
- Message in a Bottle
- The Bed's Too Big Without You

608. Willie Colón & Rubén Blades – Siembra
- Pedro Navaja
- Plástico

- I Can See for Miles
- Silas Stingy
votingbloc
Strange Fruit

Post by votingbloc »

The House That Heaven Built
Younger Us
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

615. Grandaddy – The Sophtware Slump He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot and The Crystal Lake
606. The Libertines – Up the Bracket Time for Heroes and Death on the Stairs
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

St. Vincent – Strange Mercy: Still strange and beautiful after all these years, Cheerleader and Strange Mercy get my votes.

Pet Shop Boys – Behaviour: The two first tracks, Being Boring and This Must Be the Place I Waited Years to Leave are my favorites. On a separate note, Pet Shop Boys had such a great collection of album covers, including this one.

Wire – 154: Like most people it’s hard for me to resist The 15th, but I also love On Returning which sounds more like their stuff they would do later on Send.

Foo Fighters – The Colour and the Shape: Monkey Wrench has the unbridled energy that I wish was more present in the Foo’s later years. Up in Arms starts off pleasant and restrained but it too devolves into manic pop-punk perfection.

The Crickets – The “Chirping” Crickets: Everyone has probably already heard Not Fade Away and That’ll Be the Day but that's no excuse for leaving them off the playlist! They get my votes.

My Morning Jacket – Z: Wordless Chorus is a fantastic opener but it sounds way more like their previous work than any of the tracks that follow. With that said the slowly escalating structure of the track that leads to that deeply cathartic falsetto at the end still gives me chills. It Beats For You doesn’t let that energy go to waste by providing probably the next most exciting song on the album.

Low – Things We Lost in the Fire: I can’t believe this is almost 20 years old already! Songs like Sunflower and In Metal are just as resonant today as when I first heard them.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

Father John Misty – I Love You, Honeybear: The music of I Love You, Honeybear may sound romantic, but literally the first lines undercut that by delving into Tillman’s trademark frank and cynical analysis. With that said, I can’t help but read this song as still being a sincere and endearing profession of devotion on some level. I’m sure he gets no shortage of ironic glee from putting such a sweeping arrangement to a song like The Night Josh Tillman Came to Our Apt.and then subsequently just trashes on this woman, it’s quite amusing even if it comes off as sometimes a little too vicious.

Modest Mouse – Good News for People Who Love Bad News: Float On is good but unfortunately at this point I’ve heard too many times to want to listen to it again. Instead, Ocean Breathes Salty and The Good Times Are Killing Me are also satisfying but haven’t overstayed their welcome for me.

Husker Du – New Day Rising: I have no problem voting for I Apologize to stay on the playlist. I can’t quite explain why but I’ve always really loved Books About UFOs, so that gets my other recommendation.

Erykah Badu – Baduizm: I lived in Dallas (Badu’s hometown) for a while and I had the extreme pleasure of seeing Erykah Badu perform on more than one occasion. On & On is a staple and unsurprisingly has been sampled many times since its release. I would say this should be followed by Appletree as it does on the album.

PJ Harvey – Rid of Me: I can’t think of a more representative of PJ Harvey’s early albums than the graphic and grisly masturbation song Rub ‘Til It Bleeds. 50ft Queenie is just an awesome single, not much more to say about it.
rumpdoll
Different Class

Post by rumpdoll »

Only one this time:

622. The Notwist – Neon Golden
One with the freaks
Consequence
The live version of the "pilot-neon golden-thingy" is very good, too. This room and trashing days are other classics. I always thought of Pick up the phone as the weakest song on the album.
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

Interpol – Antics: Not Even Jail; Evil.
Burial – Kindred EP: Ashtary Wasp; Loner.
Muse – Origin of Symmetry: Plug In Baby; New Born.
Sonic Youth – Dirty: 100%
Talking Heads – Talking Heads: 77: Psycho Killer; Uh-Oh, Love Comes To Town.
Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go: A Design for Life; Australia.
Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour: Butterflies; Oh, What a World.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

2 albums from my top 30 and my favorite EP !

620. Burial – Kindred EP
Picking 2 songs out of 3 feels mean, but I'll leave Loner out : Kindred - Ashtrawy Wasp

It now sits somewhere in my top 200, but I'm pretty confident 20 year old me would have had it in the top 5, if not at number one. In the long and winding road that my musical education took, Origin of Symmetry is a big milestone, and very few songs drew me into becoming obsessed by music as New Born did... it probably changed my life, or at least saved me a few years of thinking that maybe metal was the way to go ; I remember it jumping around with it on my earphones while another song was playing at a party (you know, late teens, you've got to assert yourself somehow) ; I remember the first time I hear it, also at a party, seeing one guy lose his shit and getting my mind blown like I discovered a whole new world.
As time has passed, it's not even my favorite on the album anymore (Citizen Erased is, with that crazy riff and possibly Bellamy's best vocal performance, the band wearing their Radiohead's influence to the sleeves while also bringing something more to the table) but it will always have a special place for me.

610. Queens of the Stone Age – Rated R
Favorite band ever ? Maybe, though how am I supposed to choose between them and Beastie Boys ?
In any case, it took me restrain to have only 14 of their songs in my all time 1000 songs list, and very high among them (the highest song not titled "A Song for something") was In The Fade : I love Lanegan's voice, and I love it even better over QOTSA's music and that high drama chorus is one of my favorite ever. The Bjork-stealing Better Living Through Chemistry gets my second pick for its cool intro and fantastic bridge and solo (love it uses stereo to sound like it's circling around you).

The House that Heaven Built is as anthemic as music can get. The other pick has to go for the best "OhhOOOoooOOOOh" or "oh yeah oh yeah" song of the album (because that's the very best thing about Japandroids), which has to go to one of the 2 first tracks of the album... let's go with Fire's Highway

604. Built to Spill – Keep It Like a Secret
I could have bet Keep It Like a Secret would be the album that'd be the first to appear twice in my favorite songs list, but I ranked one of those lower than I though, which is obviously a mistake, both should be top 100 of all time.
I add started to write a draft for the "favorite song moments of all time" and half of it was about how good Built to Spill was with those specific magical moments, here's what I wrote about this albums songs :
Carry the Zero : it piles on crescendos, from “like they’re waiting for your guard to fall” to “and you’ve become” and “afraid it’ll fall apart” followed by the intensified guitar riff then a small solo then the drums intensifying too to a new riff around 4:40…
Broken Chairs : the other time Built to Spill dropped 8:30 of perfection (note : we'll come to the first one when we get to Perfect From Now On), it peaks with the whistles from 2:40 to 3:08. My girlfriend has a video of me at their life show and I’m in sort of a mix of awe, tears and trance as I’m whistling those few notes. The “well all right” and its riff has 3:56 is fantastic too.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

664. Idles – Joy As an Act of Resistance
Television
Danny Nedelko

620. Burial – Kindred EP
Ashtray Wasp (it's funny that the best song on a three-song EP wasn't one of the two preselected options)
Loner

604. Built to Spill – Keep It Like a Secret
Center of the Universe
Carry the Zero
Schüttelbirne
Into the Groove

Post by Schüttelbirne »

622. The Notwist | Neon Golden
"One with the Freaks" and "Consequence"
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

The Rolling Stones – Some Girls: Miss You and Beast of Burden are two of my favorite singles from their career, which is saying a lot.

Jay-Z – The Black Album: Even though his retirement ended up being like three years total, the intention of this being Jay’s last album I think motivated him to really go out on a high note, mission accomplished. The autobiographical December 4th celebrates his entire life (including conception!) that’s typically boastful but also aspirational, and provides a roadmap of the themes in the rest of the album. The amazing Interlude (Public Service Announcement), meanwhile, was just three minutes of back-to-back triumphant puns that ended up being a defining moment in his career.

The Notwist – Neon Golden: I was surprised to see this so high on the final list, not that I’m complaining. Honestly this album is pretty easy to enjoy so most tracks would be a good pick, but Pilot and Consequence are the two that have been in consistent rotation over the years.

Bonnie “Prince” Billy – I See a Darkness: A deeply beautiful experience if you listen to it alone in the dark, the softest parts of the album might sneak by you without you noticing if you’re not paying attention. A Minor Place and I See a Darkness are a good entry point.

Burial – Kindred: This has emerged as a real forum favorite! It’s not hard to see why, all three tracks have massive length with many phases but they maintain a cohesion that makes the songs sound less like collections of mini-songs and more like a linear emotional progression that makes me lean in to see what’s going to happen next. It was excruciating choosing a song to leave out for this but my gut says Kindred and Loner.

The Who – My Generation: Well, I have functional ears so I can’t pretend that My Generation isn’t the best song, also I’ll have to agree with the consensus that The Kids are Alright is essential.

The Byrds – Sweetheart of the Rodeo: I know it doesn’t sound much like their early stuff but this was the album that convinced me that The Byrds were amazing. I grew up hearing Turn! Turn! Turn! and Mr. Tambourine Man, which were great but I always saw The Byrds as the budget Beatles (I’ve grown up since then). So hearing what are honestly some of the best country songs ever written, it was clear this was a versatile group. My entry points were You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere and One Hundred Years from Now.

The Police – Regatta de Blanc: Everyone knows Message in a Bottle and Walking on the Moon so I’ll just leave them at that. They’re clearly still two of the most popular and best songs of their career.
Last edited by FrankLotion on Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

Sonic Youth – Dirty: I can’t really find any fault in Sonic Youth’s material during this era, but 100% and Swimsuit Issue are pretty special.

Queens of the Stone Age – Rated R: I'm going to have to agree with Nassim about this being one of the best bands. Though even with their tremendous success, I still feel that Queens of the Stone Age are often overlooked and underappreciated to some extent. Josh Homme had and still has a great ear for catchy melodies but on Rated R and their next album especially are also uncompromising and fascinating in ways that make most other bands look boring as hell. Better Living Through Chemistry doesn’t have a lot of lyrics to dive into but nonetheless gets its message across in typically dramatic fashion, while In the Fade may be the best singing Mark Lannegan has ever done, period.

Talking Heads – Talking Heads: 77: Speaking of uncompromising, Talking Heads: 77 sort of sounds like a pop album but of course is filtered through the agitation and neurosis that characterizes basically the whole discography. Psycho Killer may be the only song on here that the truly uninitiated could still appreciate so that should definitely stay, Love --> Building on Fire also sounds great and has some really kooky lyrics.

Madonna – Ray of Light: I came to Madonna pretty late but my Mom was obsessed and I heard this album in particular on a regular basis. Honestly now I’m obsessed too, Ray of Light is easily one of the best dance tracks of all time and has one of the most memorable videos from the era. The melodramatic metaphors and strings in Frozen make it easy to get swept up in it all without it being too corny.

James Blake – James Blake: This sounded completely alien to me after being subjected to the sanitized R&B of the late 2000’s, his singing on some of the songs here was a little tough to latch onto at first since he switches octaves so frequently, often while heavily processed in some way. They’re all great, but it’s hard for me to deny the (relatively) more straight sung tracks like The Wilhelm Scream or Measurements which are stunning.

Manic Street Preachers – Everything Must Go: It might be heresy but I’ve never liked A Design for Life very much, though it admittedly has better lyrics than one of my favorites, Enola / Alone, which is just catchy as hell. Australia is also very catchy but has some of the band’s most impressive drumming as well which is always a big plus for me.

Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour: Every once in a while an album comes along that is so immediately enjoyable and consistent that I know it’s going to be one of my favorites. Golden Hour is one such album for me, and it was amazing to go through the track list and feel an instant connection with all of them. Slow Burn and Golden Hour have emerged as the best of the bunch for me.

The Who – The Who Sell Out: Certainly their best album cover by a mile, and it’s matched with some particularly strange and ambitious tracks like Our Love Was and of course I Can See For Miles.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

I managed to squeeze in one more update. This time we have two times The Jam, some other jams, music for night clubs, dirt and garbage.

600. Garbage – Garbage
Stupid Girl (1)
Vow (1)

599. Duran Duran – Rio
Hungry Like the Wolf (1)
Rio (1)

598. Rush – Moving Pictures
Tom Sawyer (2)
YYZ (2)
Red Barchetta (2)
Vital Signs (1)
Limelight (1)

597. Grateful Dead – American Beauty
Sugar Magnolia (2)
Friend of the Devil (1)
Ripple (1)

596. Suicide – Suicide
Ghost Rider (5)
Frankie Teardrop (3)
Cheree (2)

595. X – Los Angeles
Johnny Hit and Run Paulene (1)
Your Phone's off the Hook, but You're Not (1)
Sex and Dying in High Society (1)
The World’s a Mess, It’s in My Kiss (1)

594. Bob Dylan – Time Out of Mind
Not Dark Yet (3)
Love Sick (1)
Make You Feel My Love (1)
Trying to Get to Heaven (1)

593. The Decemberists – The Crane Wife
The Crane Wife 3 (3)
O Valencia! (3)
Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then) (1)
Sons & Daughters (1)
The Island : Come and See / The Landlord's Daughter / You'll Not Feel the Drownings (1)
Shankill Butchers (1)

592. Pet Shop Boys – Actually
It’s a Sin (2)
What Have I Done to Deserve This (2)
Rent (1)
One More Chance (1)

591. The Jam – All Mod Cons
Down in the Tube Station at Midnight (3)
English Rose (1)
It’s Too Bad (1)
Mr. Clean (1)

590. Mitski – Be the Cowboy
Nobody (3)
Washing Machine Heart (2)
Geyser (1)

589. D’Angelo – Voodoo
Untitled (How Does It Feel) (2)
Send It On (1)
The Root (1)

588. Swans – Soundtracks for the Blind
The Sound (3)
Volcano (2)
Helpless Child (1)

587. Alice in Chains – Dirt
Would? (1)
Them bones (1)

586. Fever Ray – Fever Ray
Keep the Streets Empty for Me (2)
If I Had a Heart (1)
When I Grow Up (1)
I’m Not Done (1)
Seven (1)

585. Grace Jones – Nightclubbing [The album is no longer on Spotify, though many tracks are]
I Have Seen That Face Before (Libertango) (2)
Pull Up the Bumper (1)
Walking in the Rain (1)

584. Boo Radleys – Giant Steps
Barney (…and Me) (2)
Wish I Was Skinny (1)
Butterfly McQueen (1)

583. Young Marble Giants – Colossal Youth
N.I.T.A. (2)
Credit in the Straight World (2)
Searching for Mr. Right (1)
Wurlitzer Jukebox (1)

582. Primal Scream – Xtrmntr
Accelerator (3)
Shoot Speed/Kill Light (3)
Swastika Eyes (1)
Kill All Hippies (1)

581. The Beta Band – The Three E.P.’s
Dry the Rain (2)
Inner Meet Me (1)
B+A (1)

580. Yes – Fragile
Roundabout (1)
Heart of the Sunrise (1)

579. The Jam – Sound Affects
That’s Entertainment (1)
Man in the Corner Shop (1)

578. New Order – Low-Life
Love Vigilantes (2)
The Perfect Kiss (1)
Face Up (1)

577. A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It from Here... Thank You 4 Your Service
We the People… (3)
The Space Program (3)
Enough! (1)
Dis Generation (1)

576. Lana Del Rey – Born to Die
Video Games (3)
Summertime Sadness (3)
Blue Jeans (2)
Born to Die (2)
Last edited by Rob on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Bang Jan
Full of Fire

Post by Bang Jan »

Limelight
Tom Sawyer

The Sound
Volcano

Barney (...and Me)
Butterfly McQueen

Shoot Speed/Kill Light
Accelerator
mileswide
Full of Fire

Post by mileswide »

Antics: The whole band's performance of Not Even Jail is mesmerising with Paul Banks sounding possessed to the degree that "Can we all hold hands?" comes across less like a plea for unity than an invitation to a Jamestown-style cult. Conversely, Public Pervert smoulders romantically while lingering over the most disturbing of images.

The Black Album: Moment of Clarity dispelled my cynicism towards Jay-Z, proving there was self-deprecating humour behind the hubris. Seconding Frank's choice of Public Service Announcement, never again could a rapper pass off a no-effort interlude as a satisfactory album track. Actually, wait, too many still do...nonetheless, it stands up on its own merits and is rightly still held up as one of his greatest.

Grievous Angel: I can't drift from the script on this entry, Return of the Grievous Angel is an exercise in myth-making but transcends such self-referentialism in the chorus, the exaltant sound of two people who saw their future in each other. Love Hurts sees Gram & Emmylou complement each other equally masterfully but both sound emotionally ravaged, not seeing any way forward on any front.

Sweetheart of the Rodeo: I'll continue the GP cheerleading, One Hundred Years from Now and Hickory Wind establishing Parsons as an authentic voice and evocative songwriter to rival his country heroes.

Ray of Light: The title track doesn't derive as much influence from the sonics of dance music as many of the non-singles but it has an innate understanding of EDM's sense of euphoria and focus on the feeling of words, rather than their meaning. I keep forgetting to suggest less famous songs, so check out the abstract, open-ended Mer Girl for one of the many pieces of proof on RoL that Madonna deserved to be accepted as an album artist.
Last edited by mileswide on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All I got inside is vacancy!
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Four of my picks made an appearance today:

594. Bob Dylan – Time Out of Mind
Trying to Get to Heaven
Not Dark Yet

I sometimes feel like this one is slinking in stature, but to me it remains one of Dylan's best. I feel bad for not voting for Love Sick or the epic Highlands, but Not Dark Yet is one of music's best ruminations on old age and loneliness. Trying to Get to Heaven is even better, actually a top 100 pick for me (and no other person in the world it seems). Full of memorable funny-sad lines and a wry reflection of sin and senselessness. More fun than that sounds.

The Crane Wife 3
Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)

The Crane Wife 3 is a clear choice for me, with it's wonderful melody and vocals, but the rest of the album is so uniformly strong I could pick almost anything, except Sons & Daughters which is almost a too simplistic way to close things. I almost went for the 12 minute medley The Island, but the guest spot for Laura Veirs on Yankee Bayonet elevate that song to become my choice.

Nobody
Washing Machine Heart

This one was easier than the two picks above. There are a lot of other goodies here, but these two are quintessential Mitski, showcasing her as a master of memorable, catchy, humoroud and sad short songs.

Video Games
Summertime Sadness

Video Games is a benchmark for me, not voting for it would be a personal sin. Summertime Sadness has been overlooked by critics up til now, but it seems audiences have caught on and know that it is the second best song here. It's an early declaration of Del Rey's recurring theme of feel bad during good times, with a great melody and some of her best vocals.

The next update will be Monday and then I'll go back to daily updates.
Last edited by Rob on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

592. Pet Shop Boys – Actually
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
It’s a Sin

If I Had a Heart
When I Grow Up
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

597. Grateful Dead – American Beauty
Ripple
Sugar Magnolia

How on Earth is Ripple not one of the default choices here? By far the standout song of their career in my opinion.

Down in the Tube Station at Midnight
It's Too Bad

Washing Machine Heart
Nobody

Video Games
Blue Jeans

(Summertime Sadness is third for me, with a big gap before the rest of the songs)
votingbloc
Strange Fruit

Post by votingbloc »

578. New Order – Low-Life
Love Vigilantes
Face Up
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

The Decemberists – The Crane Wife: O Valencia!; Sons & Daughters. ( I guess I'm a simple soul.)
The Jam – All Mod Cons: Down in the Tube Station at Midnight; Mr. Clean.
Young Marble Giants – Colossal Youth: Searching for Mr. Right; N.I.T.A.
The Jam – Sound Affects: Man in the Corner Shop; That’s Entertainment.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

595. X – Los Angeles
Your Phone's off the Hook, but You're Not - Johnny Hit and Run Paulene

I would most likely use the term "prog" as a derogative term most of the time, but if there is one fantastic song I somehow associate with the word it's The Island : Come and See / The Landlord's Daughter / You'll Not Feel the Drowning. Any of the first 5 tracks would deserve a spot, but I'll go with The Crane Wife 3 as well.

Not sure there is another album in my top 20 for which the choice is as clear cut : I'm Not Done and Keep the Streets Empty for Me are towering achievements even in an album that's fantastic from start to finish.

N.I.T.A. - Credit in the Straight World
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

- Down at the Tube Station at Midnight
- English Rose
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

599. Duran Duran – Rio Hungry Like the Wolf and Rio Ok with the critics.

596. Suicide – Suicide Ghost Rider and Cheree

585. Grace Jones – Nightclubbing I Have Seen That Face Before (Libertango) obvsiouly and Pull Up the Bumper

576. Lana Del Rey – Born to Die By far far far far, my favourite Lana album. There are only extraordinary songs in it. The lack of "love" that this album received on this forum at the time of release is my biggest surprise in the 14 years I've been here. Fortunately, it has improved a bit since its release but the fact that it is not at the top of Lana Del Rey's albums in our ranking continues to surprise me :-)
The choice is almost impossible. Blue Jeans and and Born To Die are my choice today but no matter which songs are chosen at the end, I'll be happy.
rumpdoll
Different Class

Post by rumpdoll »

quite a few this time:

Keep the streets empty for me
Seven

Credit in the straight world
Wurlitzer Jukebox

Accelerator
Shoot speed / Kill light

Dry the Rain
B+A

We the People…
Enough!!
mileswide
Full of Fire

Post by mileswide »

Moving Pictures: Red Barchetta & Vital Signs
Suicide: Frankie Teardrop & Ghost Rider
The Crane Wife: Ohhh Valeniciaaa! & Shankill Butchers
All I got inside is vacancy!
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Everything, everything!, has been updated. All of it. Let's continue forward.
DaveC wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:22 am Sons & Daughters. ( I guess I'm a simple soul.)
Well, that's not what I meant, but I personally find it a little dissappointing that an album so rich and expansive end with basically a chorus repeated over and over.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

An update don't come for free, unless it is here. 25 new albums to mull over while sipping tea from the Tillerman.

575. Cat Stevens – Tea for the Tillerman
Father and Son (5)
Where Do the Children Play? (3)
Wild World (2)

574. Kanye West – 808’s & Heartbreaks
Heartless (2)
Amazing (1)
Paranoid (1)
Welcome to Heartbreak (1)
Say You Will (1)

573. Johnny Cash – American Recordings
Delia’s Gone (2)
Thirteen (1)
Drive On (1)

572. M.I.A. – Arular
Galang (3)
Pull Up the People (1)
Bingo (1)
10 Dollar (1)

571. X-Ray Spex – Germfree Adolescents
The Day the World Turned Day-Glo (2)
Identity (2)
Warrior in Woolworth (1)
Germ Free Adolescents (1)

570. Dead Kennedys – Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Holiday in Cambodia (2)
Kill the Poor (2)
Chemical Warfare (1)
Funland at the Beach (1)

569. The Stooges – The Stooges
I Wanna Be Your Dog (4)
1969 (4)

568. Joni Mitchell – Hejira
Amelia (1)
Coyote (1)
Hejira (1)
Song for Sharon (1)

567. Courtney Barnett – Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
Pedestrian at Best (2)
Elevator Operator (1)
An Illustration of Loneliness (Sleepless in New York) (1)
Nobody Really Cares If You Don't Go to the Party (1)
Small Poppies (1)

566. My Bloody Valentine – Isn’t Anything [Not on Spotify]
Feed Me With Your Kiss (2)
Soft As Snow (But Warm Inside) (1)
(When You Wake) You’re Still in a Dream (1)

565. The Prodigy – The Fat of the Land
Firestarter (2)
Breathe (2)
Smack My Bitch Up (1)
Mindfields (1)

564. The Smiths – Meat Is Murder
The Headmaster Ritual (2)
Barbarism Begins at Home (2)
Rusholme Ruffians (1)
Nowhere Fast (1)

563. Madonna – Madonna
Borderline (2)
Holiday (2)
Lucky Star (2)

562. Purple Mountains – Purple Mountains
That’s Just the Way That I Feel (1)
Darkness and Cold (1)
Margaritas at the Mall (1)
Storyline Fever (1)

561. The Go! Team – Thunder, Lightning, Strike
Everyone's a V.I.P. to Someone (2)
Ladyflash (1)
Get It Together (1)
Panther Dash (1)
We Just Won’t Be Defeated (1)

560. Lana Del Rey – Ultraviolence
West Coast (4)
Ultraviolence (2)
Shades of Cool (2)

559. A Tribe Called Quest – Midnight Marauders
Award Tour (2)
Clap Your Hands (1)
Electric Relaxation (1)

558. Go-Go’s – Beauty and the Beat
Our Lips Are Sealed (3)
We Got the Beat (3)

557. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – Damn the Torpedoes
Don’t Do Me Like That (1)
Here Comes My Girl (1)

556. Genesis – The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1)
Carpet Crawlers (1)
In the Cage (1)
Fly On a Windshield (1)

555. The Millennium – Begin
To Claudia on Thursday (4)
There Is Nothing More to Say (2)
5 A.M. (1)
I’m With You (1)
Karmic Dream Sequence 1 (1)
Prelude (1)

554. James Brown – Sex Machine
Get Up I Feel Like Being a Sex Machine (2)
Bewildered (1)
It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World (1)

553. Boston – Boston
More Than a Feeling (2)
Foreplay/ Long Time (2)

552. The Streets – A Grand Don’t Come for Free
Blinded by the Lights (2)
Fit But You Know It (2)
Empty Cans (1)
It Was Supposed to Be Easy (1)

551. Bob Dylan – John Wesley Harding
All Along the Watchtowers (2)
The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest (2)
Drifter’s Escape (1)
As I Went Out One Morning (1)
Last edited by Rob on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bang Jan
Full of Fire

Post by Bang Jan »

Ladyflash
Get It Together

556. Genesis – The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
In the Cage
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

There Is Nothing More to Say
To Claudia on Thursday
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

That 580s section is killer. Some of those albums should be several hundred spots higher.

Tom Sawyer
YYZ

Volcano
The Sound

Barney (…and Me)
Wish I Was Skinny

Swastika Eyes
Accelerator

Dry the Rain
Inner Meet Me

580. Yes – Fragile
Heart of the Sunrise
Roundabout

The Space Program
We the People…

To Claudia on Thursday (combined with Prelude if possible)
Karmic Dream Sequence 1
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

575. Cat Stevens – Tea for the Tillerman
Father and Son
Wild World

No originality points for me here. The whole album is great, but these two songs have been with me for ages and will for ages to come.

571. X-Ray Spex – Germfree Adolescents
Identity
The Day the World Turned Day-Glo

One of the most unique albums from the classic punk era. Poly Styrene's wails are the best the genre has to offer on this side of Johnny Rotten. These songs put the spunk in punk and it is even a sort of concept album on consumerism of many kinds (that is if you take the album as originally released, not the many re-releases that messes with the order and add other singles from the era). The Day the World Turned Day-Glo is their most hot take on the subject, but Identity starts with the primal scream that lurks under the whole album.

568. Joni Mitchell – Hejira
Song for Sharon
Amelia

Song for Sharon is never mentioned by anybody but to me it is the best Joni Mitchell song of her jazz era and her second best of all time (after A Case of You). A wonderful, sprawling tale of drifting lost through a city, filled to the brim with unforgettable observations and lyrics. The bass lays a great groundwork and Mitchell providing her own background chorus is also memorable. A masterpiece.
Amelia is my second favorite here, a haunting elegy for the missing pilot.

562. Purple Mountains – Purple Mountains
That’s Just the Way That I Feel
Margaritas at the Mall

I never thought this album would make the top 100, let alone all the way up to #562! That's great. When I first heard this album I had no experience with Silver Jews (er, I still don't), but had heard of Berman's suicide. Going in with that knowledge I was astonished with the humor he frequently found in his own deep depression. Sure, it is pitch black humor, but humor all the same. Especially opener That's Just the Way That I Feel is a great example of a sardonic look of personal misfortune, in a way that hasn't been done since perhaps Hank Williams' I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive, some 67 years earlier. Margaritas at the Mall is a little less jubilant, but has a similar appeal.

West Coast
Ultraviolence

West Coast was my Summer of 2014. It's one of Del Rey's least sad and most simmering songs. Ultraviolence has caused some mild controversy for it's sadomasochistic lyrics, but to me it is the best James Bond theme song that no actual Bond film would ever dare to use.

5 A.M.
I’m With You

The harmonies in the second half of I'm With You are so great that I have an unsubstantiated theory that they caused The Beatles to split. 5 A.M. is another example of the special melodies of this album.

551. Bob Dylan – John Wesley Harding
All Along the Watchtowers
Drifter’s Escape

All Along the Watchtowers is of course immortalized by Jimi Hendrix and as much as I absolutely love his take, I still like Dylan's own straightforward take more. He just captures that sense of personal isolation and the feeling of not being understood so well. I probably thought more about my second pick here than any other before. The mysterious As I Went Out One Morning and the darkly prophetic I Dreamed I Saw Saint Augustine came close, but the way Dylan keeps me returning to Drifter's Espace by simply not telling much of the story is another masterclass in writing. Really, why do we get so little context for the drifter's trial and escape? And why does it captivate me so much?
Last edited by Rob on Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Here's my weekly request to see if we can get some votes for albums that doesn't have one. Now the first 300.

999. Phil Collins – No Jacket Required
992. Daryl Hall & Johnny Oats – Private Eyes
985. X – Wild Gift
974. American Football – American Football
956. Cat Power – Moon Pix
949. Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Ragged Glory
937. The Sonics – Here Are the Sonics!!
927. The Weeknd – Beauty Behind the Madness
921. The Velvet Underground – VU
917. George Michael – Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1
913. Aaliyah – Aaliyah
904. Alvvays – Antisocialites
888. Spiritualized – Lazer-Guided Melodies
878. Snoop Dogg – Doggystyle
872. Fountains of Wayne – Welcome Interstate Managers
867. Whitney Houston – Whitney Houston
865. Al Green – I’m Still in Love With You
861. Tina Turner – Private Dancer
851. Kylie Minogue – Fever
828. Steely Dan – Countdown to Ecstasy
823. dEUS – In a Bar, Under the Sea
811. Drake – Take Care
792. Donna Summer – Bad Girls
777. The Police – Outlandos D’Amour
776. Depeche Mode – Black Celebration
746. Journey – Escape
742. Elastica – Elastica
739. The Jacksons – Destiny
737. Tom Waits – Closing Time
731. Roxy Music – Country Life
727. Paul Simon – Paul Simon
712. Pavement – Wowee Zowee
707. The Beach Boys – Sunflower

The cluster of #775-750 was and still is the first group of 25 to have a vote for each album.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

904. Alvvays – Antisocialites
In Undertow
Dreams Tonite

888. Spiritualized – Lazer-Guided Melodies
Take Your Time/Shine a Light

878. Snoop Dogg – Doggystyle
Gin and Juice
What's My Name

707. The Beach Boys – Sunflower
All I Wanna Do
Slip on Through

I didn't initially vote for a few albums where my top picks matched with the preselected options. I imagine that's why a few of these didn't get any responses.
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Heartless
Welcome to Heartbreak

572. M.I.A. – Arular
Bingo
Galang

Kill the Poor
Holiday in Cambodia

563. Madonna – Madonna
Borderline
Holiday

Our Lips Are Sealed
We Got the Beat

554. James Brown – Sex Machine
Get Up I Feel Like Being a Sex Machine
Bewildered
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

563. Madonna – Madonna
Borderline
Lucky Star

Our Lips Are Sealed
We Got the Beat

I'm not ready to do all of the votes yet, just putting in a few that I don't have to think much about.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

Paranoid (feat. Mr. Hudson)
Amazing (feat. Young Jeezy)

Pedestrian at Best
An Illustration of Loneliness (Sleepless in New York)

Everyone's a V.I.P. to Someone
Panther Dash

Shades of Cool
West Coast

553. Boston – Boston
More Than a Feeling
Foreplay/ Long Time
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

The Smiths – Meat Is Murder: The Headmaster Ritual.
Lana Del Rey – Ultraviolence: Shades of Cool; West Coast.
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

- Holiday in Cambodia
- Chemical Warfare

- To Claudia on Thursday
- There Is Nothing More to Say
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

So I think those are the only ones from the list of albums with no picks yet that I have voted for :

985. X – Wild Gift : We're Desperate - In This House That I Call Home
865. Al Green – I’m Still in Love With You : Love and Happiness - Look What You've Done For Me
823. dEUS – In a Bar, Under the Sea : Gimme the Heat - Guilty Pleasures

569. The Stooges – The Stooges
Tempting to align with the critics, but I'll go I Wanna Be Your Dog and 1969. Close call though, No Fun is iconic too.

Let's be a bit contratian : Operator Elevator - Nobody Really Cares If You Don't Go to the Party

565. The Prodigy – The Fat of the Land
Breathe - Mindfields

552. The Streets – A Grand Don’t Come for Free
Did I finally get a bit tired of Dry Your Eyes ? I however have not grown tired of the humor and bounciness of Fit But You Know It and the dizzying production of Blinded by the Light
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

All the daily updates are done.
Jackson wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:50 pm I didn't initially vote for a few albums where my top picks matched with the preselected options. I imagine that's why a few of these didn't get any responses.
Maybe. A lot of these lower albums made the list with only a few votes. Although this game has a now garnered a group of faithful voters, it's still a small group compared to the people who voted in the poll, so it makes sense that albums with a only a few votes don't have anyone appear. There are a couple of names cropping up regularly among the fans of these albums that don't vote here.
How can we tempt them to come over here?

By the way, I want the preselected options filled in too!
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

I hope people here love Tom Waits and The Wailers as both have a double entry today. Also, the sheriff gets shot twice, once live and once in the studio.

550. Bob Dylan – Nashville Skyline
Girl from the North Country (3)
I Threw It All Away (2)
Lay Lady Lay (1)

549. Gil-Scott Heron – Pieces of a Man
Home Is Where the Hatred Is (1)
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (O)

548. Depeche Mode – Music for the Masses
Never Let Me Down Again (3)
Strangelove (2)
Behind the Wheel (1)

547. The Chemical Brothers – Dig Your Own Hole
The Private Psychedelic Reel (2)
Block Rocking Beats (1)
Setting Sun (1)

546. Ornette Coleman – The Shape of Jazz to Come
Eventually (3)
Lonely Woman (2)
Congeniality (2)
Chronology (1)

545. Supertramp – Breakfast in America
The Logical Song (1)
Goodbye Stranger (1)

544. Dizzee Rascal – Boy in da Corner
Fix Up, Look Sharp (3)
Sittin’ There (2)
I Luv U (1)

543. Tom Waits – Bone Machine
Goin’ Out West (1)
Jesus Gonna Be Here (1)
The Earth Died Screaming (1)
Dirt in the Ground (1)
Black Wings (1)
That Feel (1)

542. Jorge Ben - África Brasil
Taj Mahal (1)
Ponta de Lança Africano (Umbabarauma) (1)

541. The Wailers – Burnin’
Get Up, Stand Up (1)
I Shot the Sheriff (1)
Small Axe (1)
Put It On (1)

540. Tom Waits – Bad As Me
Hell Broke Luce (2)
Chicago (2)
New Year’s Eve (1)
Bad As Me (1)

539. Sigur Rós – Takk…
Hoppípolla (5)
Sæglópur (3)
Glósóli (2)

538. The War on Drugs – A Deeper Understanding
Thinking of a Place (2)
Pain (1)
Nothing to Find (1)

537. Mogwai – Young Team
Mogwai Fear Satan (4)
Like Herod (1)
Yes! I Am a Long Way from Home (1)
Tracy (1)
Katrien (1)

536. Rodriguez – Cold Fact
Sugar Man (2)
Crucify Your Mind (1)
This Is Not a Song, It’s an Outburst: Or the Establishment Blues (1)

535. The Congos – Heart of the Congos
Fisherman (1)
Congoman (1)

534. Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin III
Immigrant Song (3)
Since I’ve Been Loving You (2)
Gallows Pole (2)
Out of the Tiles (1)
Friends (1)
Tangerine (1)

533. The United States of America – The United States of America
The American Metaphysical Circus (2)
The American Way of Love (2)
The Garden of Earthly Delights (1)
Cloud Song (1)

532. Janis Joplin – Pearl
Me and Bobby McGee (4)
Mercedes Benz (2)
Move Over (2)
Half Moon (1)
My Baby (1)

531. ABBA – Arrival
Dancing Queen (1)
Fernando (1)

530. Nirvana – Bleach
About a Girl (2)
Blew (1)
Negative Creep (1)

529. Charles Mingus – Mingus Ah Uhm
Fables of Faubus (O)
Goodbye Pork Pie Hat (O)

528. Black Sabbath – Master of Reality
Children of the Grave (4)
Sweet Leaf (3)
Lord of This World (1)

527. Al Green – Call Me
Call Me (Come Back Home) (3)
Here I Am (Come an Take Me) (3)

526. Bob Marley and the Wailers – Live!
No Woman, No Cry (4)
Them Belly Full (But We Hungry) (2)
Burnin’ and Lootin’ (2)
Last edited by Rob on Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”