Foo Fighters

Artists I don't care either way:

Everyone else
Edre the Depeche Head
JR
Rust Never Sleeps

Re: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Nominees

Post by JR »

Here are the nominees, with their number of nominations and years of eligibility. (Hopefully the math is accurate.)

NOTE: There were no new nominees in 2020, thus even though it's 26 years since the first Foo Fighters and Jay-Z records, it's still the acts' first year of eligibility. Carole King was eligible prior to the start of the Rock Hall; thus, her first year of eligibility would be the Hall's first year (as it would be for acts in similar scenarios).

* Mary J. Blige- first nomination; fifth year of eligibility
* Kate Bush- second nomination; 19th year of eligibility
* Devo- second nomination; 20th year of eligibility
* Foo Fighters- first nomination; first year of eligibility
* The Go-Go's- first nomination; 17th year of eligibility
* Iron Maiden- first nomination; 18th year of eligibility
* Jay-Z- first nomination; first year of eligibility
* Chaka Khan- third solo nomination; 19th year of eligibility
* Fela Kuti- first nomination; 26th year of eligibility
* LL Cool J- sixth nomination; 13th year of eligibility
* New York Dolls- second nomination; 24th year of eligibility
* Carole King- second nomination; 36th year of eligibility
* Rage Against the Machine- third nomination; fifth year of eligibility
* Todd Rundgren- third nomination; 27th year of eligibility
* Tina Turner- first solo nomination; 24th year of eligibility
* Dionne Warwick- first nomination; 34th year of eligibility
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Wouldn't be surprised if Foo Fighters and Jay-Z made it right away (then again, I also though Rage Against the Machine would be first year inductees)
Always surprised to be reminded Carole King is only in the backstage wing, so I'd bet on her too.
I don't know how much sense it makes sense to reinduct Tina Turner.

Kate Bush would be a shoe-in a world that makes sense (or in a British hall of fame), but in that specific Hall I'm much less sure.

Besides that, seems like a pretty open field. Awesome to see Fela Kuti, but I'd guess he has as much sense as Kraftwerk usually do.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

I'd love to see Fela Kuti and Kate Bush get inducted, but I won't be holding my breath on that one.
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

My personal picks would be:

Dionne Warwick
Kate Bush
Todd Rundgren
Fela Kuti
New York Dolls
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

I'm actually surprised that Carole King isn't in yet. She seems like the type they would have already added.

Here is my five picks not based on personal preferences but based on who I feel deserve it most from a historic point of view:

1. Kate Bush
I guess her limited success in the USA is the only reason she wasn't a first year inductee, because otherwise it doesn't make sense. Kate Bush is not only a unique voice and very innovative in art pop, but her influence on female musicians of especially the last 10 to 20 years is immeasurable. It may sometimes be an annoying cliché to call a female artist inspired by Bush, but it is hard not to when you get down to it.

2. Jay-Z
One of the most iconic rappers and definitely one with the longest careers. He is very instrumental in taking hip-hop's gangster trappings that were prevalent in the time he started and adding them to an idiom that was more pop-friendly and broadly appealing. He isn't the guy who made hip-hop big by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he was the one who found the style that made it the main pop force of the moment.

3. Carole King
Like Kate Bush she is very important in the development of women musicians on their own, separate from male influence. She is already in the Hall of Fame as a writer of songs from female perspective, but eventually performing them on her own gave female musicianship a new boost and perspective, even in a time when people like Joni Mitchell, Laura Nyro and Judee Sill were also at their peak. In contrast to them King had an almost homely accessibility that was all her own. The only thing counting against her is that among most of these nominees most of her significance is based around only one album, but it's importance is bigger than any of theirs.

4. Fela Kuti
I never would have considered him actually, being so much outside the established rock scene. But you know, why not? He wasn't the first to mix African and American styles, but he was I think very unique in foregrounding the African aspects instead of the other way around. In this way he reframed "World music" once again in a way that is mostly important to it's own continent instead of for outsiders looking in. If the Hall wants to recognize world music and the African continent this is a great place to start.

5. Iron Maiden
Perhaps there were more innovative metal bands in the eighties, but few can match their iconic status, their longevity, popularity and consistency. I feel that if one band defines that decades metal scene it is this one. So perhaps this choice is more based on status and popularity than pushing music forward, but how many bands of their time can still to this day inspire so much love for rock music and especially metal as this one? And that is what the Hall is all about in the end: celebrating rock music.

Otherwise this is a solid set of nominees. I don't know where the Go-Go's suddenly came from and don't see a pressing need to add them, but the rest is fine. I don't like the Foo Fighters much myself, but I guess my text for Iron Maiden could fit Foo Fighters for the nineties. People genuinely like that band a lot, so they will be in there one day.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

JR wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:38 pm * Iron Maiden- first nomination; 18th year of eligibility
Even though I've kept up on who gets into the Hall over the years and am well aware of its deficiencies, especially as it pertains to metal, sometimes seeing something like this still shocks me. How many rock bands are more globally popular, iconic, or enduring than Iron Maiden? And they haven't even been NOMINATED?? There may be some other artists on this list that are more popular around here, but Iron Maiden is the one name on this list that should be an absolute slam-dunk no-doubt inductee this year.

Kate Bush is another obvious choice to include based on her music, but it's a lot more obvious to see why she hasn't made it: she's much more popular in Europe than in the US, much of her music would seem "weird" to the Hall's mainstream audience, and she's not exactly a "rock" icon.

Great to see Fela Kuti on the list, though I doubt he'll make it in on first try. Another indication the Hall is gradually getting more hip.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

My faves among the nominees include:

1) Todd Rundgren (my favorite artist of all time) - presently in 9th place - almost no chance he gets in
2) Carole King (my 43rd favorite of all time) - she has a good chance (presently 4th)
3) Foo Fighters (51) - good chance (presently 2nd)
4) Tina Turner (162) - good chance (presently 1st)
5) Dionne Warwick (268) (presently 9th)
6) The Go-Go’s (353) (good chance - presently 6th)
7) Iron Maiden (576) (good chance - presently 3rd)
8) Fela Kuti (763) (wow - what a move - presently 5th)
9) Kate Bush (775) - not looking good so far (presently 12th)
10) Chaka Khan (930) (presently 10th)
11) Jay-Z (1033) - not looking good so far
12) Mary J. Blige (1053)
13) Devo (1462)
14) New York Dolls (1466)

I'm mot a fan of the following nominees:
LL Cool J
Rage Against The Machine (presently in 7th place)
Last edited by Henry on Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

I was looking up when they were going to announce the nominees last night.

My picks:
Kate Bush
DEVO
Foo Fighters
Fela Kuti
New York Dolls

My predictions:
Foo Fighters
Jay-Z
Carole King
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner
Last edited by ordinaryperson on Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There is No More Firmament.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

The current top 5 for the fan vote is:

1. Tina Turner
2. Foo Fighters
3. Carole King
4. Iron Maiden
5. The Go-Go's

Fela Kuti's sadly in last place.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Hopefully, there are enough Vulture readers to push Todd forward :-)

https://www.vulture.com/2021/02/2021-ro ... k-FnlN7x54

Besides historically overlooking women, the Hall’s biggest problem over the years has been displaying a similar bit of … discomfort, let’s say, with guys who dress like women or — the horror! — guys who slept with other guys. Gay and glam performers have often gotten second shrift (David Bowie, for example, spent seven years of eligibility before getting a nod), or not been recognized at all.

The Hall’s been working on this: glam progenitor T. Rex got in last year and the New York Dolls are on the current nomination list. Rundgren was a weird guy who played sweet pop some of the time and indulgent but fun space rock with a side group, Utopia, some of the rest of the time. He colored his hair and sometimes appeared made up like a wood nymph. He was a pop tunesmith of the first order (“Hello It’s Me,” “I Saw the Light”) and one of the most important rock engineers and producers of his era, overseeing work on everything from the Band’s Stage Fright to Patti Smith’s Wave. He is long overdue for induction; first nominated two years ago, he didn’t get in.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Who I want to get in:

Kate Bush
Todd Rundgren
Jay-Z
Rage Against The Machine
Foo Fighters

Who I think will get in:

Carole King
Tina Turner
Jay-Z
Devo
Foo Fighters
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

Henry wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:50 am Besides historically overlooking women, the Hall’s biggest problem over the years has been displaying a similar bit of … discomfort, let’s say, with guys who dress like women or — the horror! — guys who slept with other guys.
I don't know about that. Little Richard went in the first year, and then there's Michael Jackson, Elton John, and Cornell Gunter to start.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

ordinaryperson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:58 pm Fela Kuti's sadly in last place.
Not just in last place, but has less than half as many votes as second to last. :(
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

ordinaryperson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:58 pm
Fela Kuti's sadly in last place.
It's sad, but it's sadly expected. The bulk of the nominees are huge stars in the worlds of pop, rock, and hip-hop. Afrobeat never stood a chance with the primarily American audience that makes up these audience polls.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

Listyguy wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:22 am
ordinaryperson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:58 pm Fela Kuti's sadly in last place.
Not just in last place, but has less than half as many votes as second to last. :(
What's interesting is that Jay-Z is in second to last place which is strange since so many think he's a shoe-in to get inducted this year.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

ordinaryperson wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:00 am
Listyguy wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:22 am
What's interesting is that Jay-Z is in second to last place which is strange since so many think he's a shoe-in to get inducted this year.
I'd guess most voters are either boomers, hard rock fans or people stuck on classic rock radios so I don't find that surprising!
poorpete
Strange Fruit

Post by poorpete »

My top 5
The Go-Gos
Carole King
Kate Bush
Tina Turner
Chaka Khan

Who I'd put money on
Jay-Z
Foo Fighters
Carole King
Tina Turner
Iron Maiden

There's enough backlog to keep the inductees at seven (or maybe more, why not, actually put them all in, I'd love to skip the voting process) and in that case my beloved GoGos can get in, and Todd because he's due.

This list was a breath of fresh air, a hopeful sign of change of an org built on music that fought the man but instead became the man. Now for voters to move on that change, the hall to continue to nominate like this, and the org to complete their diversity move within too.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Every year one band overachieves in my eyes and this year it's the Go-Go's. 5th, really? I never knew they were so broadly popular or had more than a cult following.

On another note, The Smiths have been nominated in the past, but are not inducted yet. Considering how unpopular Morrissey has made himself over the years, to put it mildly, could it be that this band will not get inducted in his lifetime simply because the organization wouldn't want to give Morrissey stage time?
poorpete
Strange Fruit

Post by poorpete »

Zombies getting in for mainly crafting one perfect album bodes well for Carole King, which in turn will bode well when Lauryn Hill is up for consideration. Tapestry and Miseducation, two women break out on their own, create their opus, sell millions, win all the Grammys, set the goal that all artists afterwards aspire to and often fail... including themselves.

The Go-Gos had momentum on their side, recording new songs, extensive touring, and had a great Alison Ellwood documentary laying out their story. Love the Go-Gos and their hooky pop punk, and my love transferred to my kids where I'd pick them up from daycare and they'd beg to hear We Got the Beat, and we'd playout side 2 to Beauty and the Beat on the drive home.

For Morrissey, maybe it was inevitable that everyone'd come to hate him as much as he hates everyone? Still I'm a sucker for redemption stories so if he finds a way back I'll be pleased. Soon after my kids will be begging to hear "Death of a Disco Dancer."
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

Rob wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:56 am Every year one band overachieves in my eyes and this year it's the Go-Go's. 5th, really? I never knew they were so broadly popular or had more than a cult following.
I don't know if I'd vote them into a Hall of Fame, but the Beauty and the Beat album was #1 for six weeks. They were on the I.R.S. label like R.E.M. would be, and I think R.E.M. got freaked out one time when some I.R.S. higher-up told them that they'd need a hit like the Go-Go's.
poorpete
Strange Fruit

Post by poorpete »

Speaking of, I don't really hear much talk on this so maybe it's just my ears, but "Can't Stop the World", especially the intro, sounds like it could be the beginning of an early REM song.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=nS572 ... ture=share
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

Right now Fela Kuti is at number 6. Kate Bush is last though...
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

Fela's miraculously in the top 5 now.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

ordinaryperson wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 am Fela's miraculously in the top 5 now.
And #1 now. Perhaps there is a campaign going on somewhere?
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

And of course, Nigerians mobilize support for Fela. Great for them!

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerians ... l-of-fame/
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

Dexter wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:42 pm And of course, Nigerians mobilize support for Fela. Great for them!

He's ahead by 94k votes to 64k to Tina Turner, probably uncatchable at this point. Has anyone figured out how well the fan vote correlates with the eventual inductees? It's interesting to see Jay-Z toward the bottom of this and below several artists with far less name recognition, though I'd be surprised if he didn't get in anyway.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Jay-Z towards the bottom is baffling. He's easily one of the top 3 most iconic figures in the post-Biggie/2Pac period of rap (the other two being Eminem and Kanye).
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

Jackson wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:47 pm
Dexter wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:42 pm And of course, Nigerians mobilize support for Fela. Great for them!

He's ahead by 94k votes to 64k to Tina Turner, probably uncatchable at this point. Has anyone figured out how well the fan vote correlates with the eventual inductees? It's interesting to see Jay-Z toward the bottom of this and below several artists with far less name recognition, though I'd be surprised if he didn't get in anyway.
From the fan vote page:
"The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a 'fans’ ballot' that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2021 inductees."

It seems that the committee votes on who gets instead of debating it. Usually the whoever is #1 in the fan vote gets in but last year that didn't happen; The Dave Matthews Band topped the fan vote but didn't get in. I'm wondering if the low amount of votes for Jay-Z is due to him not having any of his music on Spotify for a long period of time
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Nick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:14 pm Jay-Z towards the bottom is baffling. He's easily one of the top 3 most iconic figures in the post-Biggie/2Pac period of rap (the other two being Eminem and Kanye).
I'd imagine the fans voting are mostly older, white, Americans. And generally fans of rock music. Not exactly a target audience for Jay-Z.
poorpete
Strange Fruit

Post by poorpete »

Probably true and another sign that the Rock Hall need Jay-Z and his fans more than he and his fans need validation from the Rock Hall.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Besides it is called the 'Rock and Roll' Hall of Fame. Whether hiphop is a form of rock is up for debate, but it's not surprising that with such a name it attracts primarily people who are into what is rock in the regular, everyday tongue.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Has anyone else here actually been to the HOF? I went back in 2009 with my family. I’ve gotta say, for all the (justified) complaining that goes into their selections, the actual HOF itself is really neat.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

I haven't been there, and there's one thing I've always asked myself. So I guess that every inductee gets some kind of exhibition space, right? If so, where exactly does the newly needed room for the new inductees come from every year? Do they just take a little bit from artists that have been inducted longer, or did they plan ahead and there's still much free room to occupy for new acts? Or is my concept of a Hall of Fame just totally wrong?
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

Weztex
Superunknown

Post by Weztex »

Krurze wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:00 pm I haven't been there, and there's one thing I've always asked myself. So I guess that every inductee gets some kind of exhibition space, right? If so, where exactly does the newly needed room for the new inductees come from every year? Do they just take a little bit from artists that have been inducted longer, or did they plan ahead and there's still much free room to occupy for new acts? Or is my concept of a Hall of Fame just totally wrong?
I've been there twice. There's not a lot of emphasis put on inductees. Only the last class gets a personal exhibition space, in a room with plaques and signatures of past inductees.

The main hall is where it's at. It is thematically disposed so you could see dozen of showcases about 60's soul, the Seattle grunge scene or the evolution of Hip Hop for example. Those are loaded with artifacts from significant artists (inductees or not), videos and bunch of stuff. Last time I was there it also had a little theater room where you could watch short documentaries or archival shows. They also have temporary exhibits about particular artists, themes or events. Didn't have the time to make it all in one afternoon. That's a pretty cool museum if you're a fan of pop music history at large.
stone37
Different Class

Post by stone37 »

I have enjoyed this dialogue (thanks for the thread, Hymie). My own thoughts..

I am happy Warwick got nominated. I think she is the most glaring omission from performers who peaked in the 1960s. For the 1970s and 1980s, the most puzzling absences, to me, are the Spinners, War, and George Michael. They are not the best artists not currently in the hall, but they are among the very best artists who check all the boxes the hall tends to favor (some critical respect, significant sales in the US, some degree of cultural longevity, a few particularly memorable albums or songs).

Jay-Z will get in first ballot. Foo Fighters will get in (but maybe not on the first ballot).

I don't think Turner's solo career deserves inclusion, but she will likely get in. I would prefer Khan to get in with Rufus. Her solo career basically comes down to three songs.

Blige, RATM, Iron Maiden, Bush, and King are all deserving. Granted that King, as a performer, would only be getting in on the basis off one album, but when that album is as seminal as Tapestry, I have no complaints.

The Go-Gos benefited from a recent documentary that was a pretty blatant attempt to generate support for their candidacy. I always preferred the Bangles myself.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

stone37 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:57 pmI am happy Warwick got nominated. I think she is the most glaring omission from performers who peaked in the 1960s.
I'd go with Cubby Checker or Martha & the Vandellas or maybe even the Monkees on that one.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

Weztex wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:25 pm I've been there twice. There's not a lot of emphasis put on inductees. Only the last class gets a personal exhibition space, in a room with plaques and signatures of past inductees.

The main hall is where it's at. It is thematically disposed so you could see dozen of showcases about 60's soul, the Seattle grunge scene or the evolution of Hip Hop for example. Those are loaded with artifacts from significant artists (inductees or not), videos and bunch of stuff. Last time I was there it also had a little theater room where you could watch short documentaries or archival shows. They also have temporary exhibits about particular artists, themes or events. Didn't have the time to make it all in one afternoon. That's a pretty cool museum if you're a fan of pop music history at large.
I see, thanks for the explanation!
poorpete
Strange Fruit

Post by poorpete »

I follow Future Rock Legends and listen to the two big fan podcasts (Who Cares About the Rock Hall more light-hearted, Hall Watchers more serious) and would recommend for anyone interested in this.

For major snubs there's a lot who'd want a veterans committee ala the Baseball Hall of Fame. Since it's 25 years from a debut to be nominated, I think artists 50 years from debut should be eligible that way. Then any pre-70s acts would be considered there and everything after can still be considered the usual way.

Agree, bring The Monkees in! Waiting for Big Mama Thornton, too. Kraftwerk debuted in 1970 so they could get in via a veterans committee too, as well as Checker and Martha...
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

For me the biggest omissions by far are Wynonie Harris and Roy Brown. They were the two most significant acts in the early days of rock and roll, the late 1940s. Then you have the Clovers, Amos Milburn, Johnny Ace, Chuck Willis, the Ravnes and a few others from the 50s and earlier.

Check out this list of tjhe Greatest Rock acts of the 1940s.

https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_artists40s.html
stone37
Different Class

Post by stone37 »

Hymie wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:30 am
stone37 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:57 pmI am happy Warwick got nominated. I think she is the most glaring omission from performers who peaked in the 1960s.
I'd go with Cubby Checker or Martha & the Vandellas or maybe even the Monkees on that one.
Vandellas are in. I might stand corrected on the Monkees. I would induct them for sure. For Checker, I think the hall should have (and it might have something like this, if I recall) a list of hall of fame records by artists who are never going to make the hall itself.
stone37
Different Class

Post by stone37 »

Hymie wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:17 pm For me the biggest omissions by far are Wynonie Harris and Roy Brown. They were the two most significant acts in the early days of rock and roll, the late 1940s. Then you have the Clovers, Amos Milburn, Johnny Ace, Chuck Willis, the Ravnes and a few others from the 50s and earlier.

I wonder if any those performers are in as "Early Influences?"
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

stone37 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:42 am
Hymie wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:17 pm For me the biggest omissions by far are Wynonie Harris and Roy Brown. They were the two most significant acts in the early days of rock and roll, the late 1940s. Then you have the Clovers, Amos Milburn, Johnny Ace, Chuck Willis, the Ravens and a few others from the 50s and earlier.

I wonder if any those performers are in as "Early Influences?"
From that 1940s list the ones who are in are the Orioles, Johnny Otis, Joe Turner, Dave Bartholomew, Ruth Brown, Lavern Baker and Doc Pomus and Ray Charles. Pomus and Bartholomew are not in as artists.
Last edited by Hymie on Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

stone37 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:40 am
Hymie wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:30 am
Vandellas are in. I might stand corrected on the Monkees. I would induct them for sure. For Checker, I think the hall should have (and it might have something like this, if I recall) a list of hall of fame records by artists who are never going to make the hall itself.
That's right on the Vandellas. Chubby was one of the 5 biggest acts of the pre-Beatles 1960s. He's also the only act to ever have 5 albums in Billboard's top 15 albums in one week. He's also the first rock and roll act that became wildly popular among adults over the age of 25. When Daryl Hall was inducted he called for Chubby to be inducted. Chubby was also a sensational live performer.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

stone37 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:40 am For Checker, I think the hall should have (and it might have something like this, if I recall) a list of hall of fame records by artists who are never going to make the hall itself.
Apparently there is exactly that, and Chubby Checker's The Twist is included: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_R ... es#Singles

Although this category seems to fly a bit under the radar and doesn't even feature on their official website (at least I couldn't find it)
JohnMidgett1999
Debut

Post by JohnMidgett1999 »

Does anyone really treat Rock & Roll Hall of Fame seriously? They don't even consider the achievements or popularity like most people I believe would. Look at Judas Priest being nominated - how did they lose against Bon Jovi? Bon Jovi has few hits that people know, ok, but look at the lifespan of JP and their accomplishments - you simply can't beat them. I was very disappointed after hearing these results. I stopped caring for it like Oscars or Game Awards.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

JohnMidgett1999 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:39 am Does anyone really treat Rock & Roll Hall of Fame seriously? They don't even consider the achievements or popularity like most people I believe would. Look at Judas Priest being nominated - how did they lose against Bon Jovi? Bon Jovi has few hits that people know, ok, but look at the lifespan of JP and their accomplishments - you simply can't beat them. I was very disappointed after hearing these results. I stopped caring for it like Oscars or Game Awards.
Bon Jovi was the top grossing touring band in the world for like 10 years in a row at one point.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”