Radio Romania Cluj: 100 essential Romanian songs (2017)

mileswide
Full of Fire

Radio Romania Cluj: 100 essential Romanian songs (2017)

Post by mileswide »

http://www.radiocluj.ro/asculta-ti-muzi ... romanilor/

These songs ended up being subject to a public poll. The nominations, however, appear to have been selected by the Cluj outlet of state broadcaster Radio Romania but I can't find anything to ascertain it. Is anyone able to corroborate my belief that the unranked version of this grouping of songs is eligible?
All I got inside is vacancy!
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Radio Romania Cluj: 100 essential Romanian songs (2017)

Post by StevieFan13 »

Fantastic find!
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Chambord
Let's Get It On

Post by Chambord »

The nominations have been selected by the 8 regional stations of state broadcaster Radio Romania but it's a mix of modern music and folklore (not the Taylor Swift kind :) , songs with various variants /authors / interpreters). Also who exactly was part of the selection panel and what their music knowledge was, is unclear. So, shouldn't be eligible in my opinion.

There was a few years ago a poll / TV show on the Romanian state TV on the best romanian songs of all time, selected by music experts and then narrowed down to 100 by the public, but I can't find any trace of it on the internet.

However I can imagine the appeal to someone who doesn't speak the language would be limited because they mainly attract with the lyrical side rather than the instrumental one.
mileswide
Full of Fire

Post by mileswide »

Chambord wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:46 pm The nominations have been selected by the 8 regional stations of state broadcaster Radio Romania but it's a mix of modern music and folklore (not the Taylor Swift kind :) , songs with various variants /authors / interpreters). Also who exactly was part of the selection panel and what their music knowledge was, is unclear. So, shouldn't be eligible in my opinion.
Thanks Chambord, I was hoping someone with local knowledge would be able to weigh in on the list's eligibility, so you've done me a favour there!
All I got inside is vacancy!

Return to “Romania”