R.I.P. Robin Williams

BleuPanda
Higher Ground

R.I.P. Robin Williams

Post by BleuPanda »

This is shocking. I don't even know what to think of this.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Re: R.I.P. Robin Williams

Post by JimmyJazz »

A great talent was lost today. At 63 though, damn...
GucciLittlePiggy
Unquestionable Presence

Post by GucciLittlePiggy »

Yes, this was very shocking and incredibly sad. Immediately I flocked to YouTube to watch old clips from his movies. His performance in Good Will Hunting is one of my favorite acting performances ever from one of my favorite films. I echo Jimmy's sentiments: an immense talent gone forever.
I just wanted to be one of those ghosts
You thought that you could forget
And then I haunt you via the rear view mirror
On a long drive from the back seat...
irreduciblekoan
Different Class

Post by irreduciblekoan »

I thought it was only because I grew up in San Francisco and Williams wasn't just an actor I grew up with but also a local celebrity that his death affected me so much. Now I see that his influence and inspiration reached all around the world. I regularly passed by his San Francisco home, and I ran into him a few times at restaurants and such. I loved his movies, from the comedic to the dramatic, though my favorites were the latter (or the ones where he brilliantly combined humor and pathos).
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

I like Mrs. Doubtfire the best cos as crazy of a comedy as it is, it's also deep emotionally. One Hour Photo is another fav of mine, really shows what a great actor he was. Very sad news :(

Edit reason: Spelling error.
Last edited by PlasticRam on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I feel like that
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

I've grown up with several of his movies... Surely a hard blow. I paid tribute to him in other places already, but I repeat it: R.I.P. Mr. Williams, you will be missed.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

He had so much product out there that I'd been turned off for a while, but still this is very sad, especially how it went down. This reminds me of that "Go see Pagliacci / But doctor, I am Pagliacci" joke. An old co-worker here did a little bit of gaming with him, and he said Williams came off rather paranoid. As 100% speculation, that makes me think cocaine, but who really knows, I go into a lot of speculation whenever I hear about someone ending their life. On the flip side, I heard someone else suggest that drugs/alcohol mask a set of problems in your life, and then even if you kick the habit, the problems are still there and you've lost your coping mechanism.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

And now his daughter, Zelda Williams, has had to close all her social media accounts because of harassment. Good going internet...
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

BleuPanda wrote:And now his daughter, Zelda Williams, has had to close all her social media accounts because of harassment. Good going internet...
Fucking internet, we all use it, but that doesn't mean that I always have to like it. This cyerbullying shit is getting so tiresome and infuriating.
JR
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JR »

RIP, Robin. I've seen Mrs. Doubtfire countless times, and enjoy some of his other fare. I saw One Hour Photo not too long ago- not a comedic role, and a departure from what we usually see him in.

Return to “Films, Movies, Motion Pictures...”