56%
The movie with the highest single vote.
44%

Total votes: 9

Petri
Feeling Good

Poll: Which movie wins in case of tie

Post by Petri »

I think we should officially decide what we do in case of tie in our movie polls. (We should also write down all the less used/known rules (less than five movies voted, only one person votes something etc.) and stick the thread because I think we will face these problems even more often when we go further to the past of movie history.)
But first I think we should decide this. I added two options: either

#1 the winner is movie with the most voters (it's probably the most seen of the candidates and should therefore go to final) or
#2 the movie with the highest single vote (excluding the case in which only one voter has voted a movie) (the movie has at least two big fans. It's not something that everybody has seen and voted only for because it's OK and haven't seen more than 15 movies).
Henrik
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Which movie wins in case of tie

Post by Henrik »

Since a movie needs at least two fans for option 2, I almost voted for that. But the voting scale is really skewed and favors few high votes to begin with, so I finally decided to vote for option 1. Hard choice.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Henrik wrote:Since a movie needs at least two fans for option 2, I almost voted for that. But the voting scale is really skewed and favors few high votes to begin with, so I finally decided to vote for option 1. Hard choice.
I also voted using Henrik's reasoning. I think that the highest votes help certain movies enough get in, that it is only fair to have a certain limit to that advantage that already exists even without this 1 vote allowance.
Petri
Feeling Good

Post by Petri »

The voting is closed. "The movie with the most voters" is the winner. Thanks for the voters!
I'm very glad that we have finally officially decided what we do in cases like these (Of course there's still a chance that someday we have two or more movies with exactly same score and number of voters (more than one) at 10nth place).
Although I voted for "The movie with the highest single vote." option I must say that Henrik and JimmyJazz have very good points (I almost changed my vote and actually hoped "most voters" option would win.) For example a fantastic movie, Shadows, was my #5 of the year but it could have been my #3 and it that case would have gained 15 more points.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Personally I would have voted 'Tiebreaker where you must have seen both to vote'. :)

Return to “Films, Movies, Motion Pictures...”