Twin Peaks sequel series...CONFIRMED!

Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Twin Peaks sequel series...CONFIRMED!

Post by Jirin »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNHsA4WIFvc

Twin Peaks is coming to Showtime in 2016, for a 9 episode series, all episodes directed by David Lynch. This is not a reboot, this is taking place 25 years after the original.

:happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance:
Midaso
Wannabe

Re: Twin Peaks sequel series...CONFIRMED!

Post by Midaso »

The first thing you have to wonder is whether this has been planned all along. Laura Palmer said "I'll see you again in 25 years" in the final episode. I don't know. I won't get too excited until I see who is cast in it. Don't want to see a show full of recasts...
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

Yeah, I'm stoked as well.
Midaso wrote:The first thing you have to wonder is whether this has been planned all along. Laura Palmer said "I'll see you again in 25 years" in the final episode. I don't know. I won't get too excited until I see who is cast in it. Don't want to see a show full of recasts...
I don't believe they deliberately planned this 25 years ago, but it's a nice coincidence that they'll probably use too.

I wouldn't like to see many recasts either, not even agent cooper. Well, maybe the dwarf and the giant would be nice... :D
But I don't think Lynch would have a lot of recasts anyway, unless I'm mistaken.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I'm sure some of the original characters will be there but I don't see them leaning entirely on them. Like, some of the high schoolers will probably be around, and some of the surviving older characters might be there to remember what went on 25 years ago. But they'll also probably have a new cast of high schoolers too.

And perhaps, a 24 1/2 year old Deputy Andy Jr?
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

I finished watching the series / movie the day before this announcement was made. It's unreal to think people waited my entire lifetime (I was born the year after the show was cancelled) for the same announcement I had to wait only a day for.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I first saw the series in about 1999. So I had to spend 15 years of my life under the false and tragic impression that the story would never be finished. You are a lucky man. :)

I started watching the series again. I'm just noticing now some of the brilliant cinematography that I just wasn't looking for back then. Truly an incredible show. At least until a few episodes before the end.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they made Diane an on-screen character in the sequel?

Return to “Films, Movies, Motion Pictures...”