Oscars 2018

letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Oscars 2018

Post by letmeintomyzone »

Prepare for it on January 23rd.

My nomination predictions will come January 22nd.
Gravetti
Debut

Re: Oscars 2018

Post by Gravetti »

letmreintomyzone wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:16 pm Prepare for it on January 23rd.

My nomination predictions will come January 22nd.
Looking forward to this years Oscars. What film do you think is going to win? I don't see a clear favorite yet.
Last edited by Gravetti on Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Looking like The Shape Of Water or Three Billboards. Lady Bird could surprise. If anything wins outside of those three I would be shocked.
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

I don't see a clear favorite either. Usually they are easy to call, but even having a clear favorite is no guarantee (look at La La Land last year).

I'm surprised Shape of Water is doing so well in other ceremonies. The Oscars don't usually like fantasy.

Get Out looked like it would win for awhile. It may still be a contender, but after the BAFTAs its chances are slipping away.

The general rule of thumb is that the most actor-driven movie wins (since Actors are the largest portion of the Academy). I haven't seen most of the contenders so I don't know which is the most actor-driven. I will ASSUME Lady Bird from what I've read, but this will be interesting to watch.
" Ah, yes! Our meager restitution"
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

whuntva wrote:I don't see a clear favorite either. Usually they are easy to call, but even having a clear favorite is no guarantee (look at La La Land last year).

I'm surprised Shape of Water is doing so well in other ceremonies. The Oscars don't usually like fantasy.

Get Out looked like it would win for awhile. It may still be a contender, but after the BAFTAs its chances are slipping away.

The general rule of thumb is that the most actor-driven movie wins (since Actors are the largest portion of the Academy). I haven't seen most of the contenders so I don't know which is the most actor-driven. I will ASSUME Lady Bird from what I've read, but this will be interesting to watch.
Three Billboards (McDormand, Rockwell), The Shape Of Water (Hawkins, Spencer, Jenkins), and Lady Bird (Ronan, Metcalf) are the movies that have strong actor-driven movies. I, Tonya too (Robbie, Janney) but I don't even know if that will get a Best Pic nom.

There isn't a clear cut favorite right now but these three seem to be the front runners. As I said if any of those three don't win I will be shocked.

Return to “Films, Movies, Motion Pictures...”