Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post Reply
User avatar
ValenN
Are You Experienced?
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by ValenN » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:38 pm

https://www.treasuretv.org/

Surprise!!
This is a preview of what's to come. I only added lists for the categories that had at least 3 entries.

BobPatience
Different Class
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by BobPatience » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Looks good and works smooth so far. Great effort.
Festina Lente

nquoid
Superunknown
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:42 am

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by nquoid » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:01 am

Just a note, you've credited Todd VanDerWerff in the sources, but she recently came out as trans and is currently going by Emily Todd VanDerWerff professionally (I'm sure she'll drop the Todd eventually)

User avatar
ValenN
Are You Experienced?
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by ValenN » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:19 pm

nquoid wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:01 am
Just a note, you've credited Todd VanDerWerff in the sources, but she recently came out as trans and is currently going by Emily Todd VanDerWerff professionally (I'm sure she'll drop the Todd eventually)
Noted, thank you for pointing that out!

letmeintomyzone
Let's Get It On
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by letmeintomyzone » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:30 am

Dear ValeN,

How did you get the Electronic Media Critics Polls? I've only been able to see them via TVTango, and I assume they could help with fleshing out some of the older 1980s-1990s lists

User avatar
ValenN
Are You Experienced?
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by ValenN » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:47 am

letmeintomyzone wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:30 am
Dear ValeN,

How did you get the Electronic Media Critics Polls? I've only been able to see them via TVTango, and I assume they could help with fleshing out some of the older 1980s-1990s lists
I only managed to get the 2003 poll back when I first started my project in 2017. Been struggling to find anymore lists from them.

Wezzo
Strange Fruit
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by Wezzo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 am

This looks fantastic, and I'm incredibly excited for the full launch with the top 1000. I've spent so long hoping for a project like this.

User avatar
ValenN
Are You Experienced?
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by ValenN » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:47 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 am
This looks fantastic, and I'm incredibly excited for the full launch with the top 1000. I've spent so long hoping for a project like this.
Thank you for the compliment! The more I work on my update, the longer it seems like it will take...

I'm expanding the sample on the site to a top 100 in the meantime, give you guys a bigger tatse of what's to come.

Wezzo
Strange Fruit
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by Wezzo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:29 am

ValenN wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:47 pm
Wezzo wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 am
This looks fantastic, and I'm incredibly excited for the full launch with the top 1000. I've spent so long hoping for a project like this.
Thank you for the compliment! The more I work on my update, the longer it seems like it will take...

I'm expanding the sample on the site to a top 100 in the meantime, give you guys a bigger tatse of what's to come.
Fantastic! Frasier was one I thought would make the top 50, so to see it at 55 is reassuring.

keater
Start Me Up
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by keater » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:15 am

If you could implement a forum I'd greatly contribute to it. Is the update going to include more detailed pages? Like a script that scans info from trakt (this script exists, don't know the name off top) and the like. So when people click a show they get an overview, where to stream it in their country, etc,;. Possibly trailers.

User avatar
ValenN
Are You Experienced?
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: Best Shows of All-Time - TreasureTV Launch

Post by ValenN » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:50 am

keater wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:15 am
If you could implement a forum I'd greatly contribute to it. Is the update going to include more detailed pages? Like a script that scans info from trakt (this script exists, don't know the name off top) and the like. So when people click a show they get an overview, where to stream it in their country, etc,;. Possibly trailers.
These are two features I'm planning to implement in the future, but for now I'm focusing on getting the basic essentials on the site. If you wanna send me any lists, feel free to send them to: valenn@treasuretv.org.

Post Reply