Different Class

What magazines do you read?

Post by letmeintomyzone »

I have a subscription to TIME.
Wezzo
Rust Never Sleeps

Re: What magazines do you read?

Post by Wezzo »

I'm subscribed to Radio Times, despite the name it's primarily a UK equivalent to TV Guide. I also sometimes read Empire, Mojo, Uncut, Film Stories and Sight & Sound. I used to read Q, sadly that was the latest in a number of favourites to say goodbye last year (see also: The Word).
StyleItTakes
Are You Experienced?

Re: What magazines do you read?

Post by StyleItTakes »

MOJO and UNCUT every month. Both magazines are essential reading in my view. No other monthly music publication informs me of what is going on in the music world with the same level of authority and authenticity as these two magazines do. Particular credit must be given to MOJO who have effectively maintained the same basic layout, branding and font since the magazine first went to print in 1993.

I read WIRE and Shindig! regularly as well. Neither of these magazines are quite as essential to read on a monthly basis, however, WIRE delve very deeply into the avant-garde music fields, electronica, alternative hip hop and various improvisational forms, which interests me greatly, and I make sure I buy a copy of the magazine when I see it on the shelves of my local book store. And Shindig! are an excellent throwback magazine, they love early garage rock music, punk rock, the psychedelic pop music scene that came out of San Francisco in the late 60s, and various forms of these genres and styles throughout rock music history right through to the present day. I also enjoyed reading Q magazine, and was sad to see them fold as a result of the financial restraints of the Coronavirus Pandemic. Electronic Sound magazine are a quality publication with high standards of journalistic integrity too.
Why don't you sit right over there
We'll do a movie portrait
I'll turn the camera on
And I won't even be there
A portrait that moves
You look great I think

Return to “General Discussion”