UEFA Champions League 2011-2012

Zorg
Unquestionable Presence

UEFA Champions League 2011-2012

Post by Zorg »

Thought I should start a topic about this most infuriating cup competition. I guess I'm only saying that because my team Arsenal just got massacred by AC Milan last night. Calls for Wenger's head surely get louder now. Anyway the current draw at the final 16 stage is like this:

Lyon vs. Apoel (first leg 1-0)
Napoli vs. Chelsea
Milan vs. Arsenal (first leg 4-0)
Basel vs. Bayern Munich
Bayer Leverkusen vs. Barcelona (first leg 1-3)
CSKA Moscow vs. Real Madrid
Zenit St. Petersburg vs. Benfica (first leg 3-2)
Marseille vs. Inter Milan

So for English teams this is looking very grim indeed. We are used to having 4 representatives at the last 16 stage and now we only have 2 and Arsenal are surely out already. Which leaves Chelsea who have a tough game against Napoli. My picks for the final 8 are Lyon, Chelsea, Milan, Munich, Barca, Real, Zenit and Marseille (never thought much of Inter). And who will win the entire thing? Not very original, but surely Barcelona...
nicolas

Re: UEFA Champions League 2011-2012

Post by nicolas »

yeah I think Marseille has a chance becuse they're in great shape and Inter is in crisis. But sometimes teams that do bad in their national championships succed in Champions League so...
I would say Real or Milan have their chances for a final win as well
Dan
Movin' On Up

Post by Dan »

Football. A bunch of guys kicking a ball about. And if only all referees were this much fun. :mrgreen:
...will keep us together.
Zorg
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Zorg »

I've seen that before, and I've always wondered whether that was real. Surely no football association anywhere would allow such flamboyant refereeing.
Dan
Movin' On Up

Post by Dan »

Some might call it graceful. And a necessary antidote to all that testosterone. :D
...will keep us together.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

I'm not very much into football anymore these days. I don't like all the shenanigans around it at the moment (The Cruyff saga with Ajax is one of the many examples, can't get around it in Holland). The game itself is still beautiful though. And if there was ever a team or a player that would be able to win my heart back again, it would be Barça and their Messi as of now. I will definitely watch the finals of the Champions League, assuming Barcelona will get there. Probably the semi finals as well.

Return to “General Discussion”