Greatest Video Games of All Time Poll: 4th Gen/1991-1995

JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Greatest Video Games of All Time Poll: 4th Gen/1991-1995

Post by JimmyJazz »

Welcome, fellow AM gamers, as we celebrate the best that gaming has had to offer, from the early days of the Atari and the golden age of arcades, to the massive open worlds and innovative indie games of today.

The way that this poll will be run is as so:
There will be six mini, generational polls, focused on the 1970s-1984, 1985-1990, 1991-1995, 1996-2000, 2001-2005, and 2006-present (more specific details regarding consoles and PC games will be explained in their respective polls), to find the Top 20s of each period in gaming. Every poll will be held for entire week, opening Sunday mornings and closing Saturday by midnight. After the six weeks, there will be a month (roughly five weeks) of voting to rank the final 120 games, to create an all-time list.

You can have a ballot of any size, but it must have at least five games, and no more than 15 will be factored in.

The point formula is as follows:
1. 50 points
2. 40
3. 30
4. 20
5. 15
6. 10
7. 9
8. 8
9. 7
10. 6
11. 5
12. 4
13. 3
14. 2
15. 1

Also, you can feel free to allot less points for smaller lists, but not more points.

The final 20 will be compiled from the vote.

For this poll, we will be focusing on all Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, TurboGrafx, Game Boy (NOT Game Boy Color games, however), and other designated fourth generation console games, as well as computer, arcade games, (AND Neo Geo games) released between the years 1991-1995, before the release of Super Mario 64, among other games, really ushers in the 3D gaming period.

Here is a page for references to games released in this period: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ye ... ideo_games

Let the voting, and inevitable nostalgia for some, begin!
Pierre
Into the Groove

Re: Greatest Video Games of All Time Poll: 4th Gen/1991-1995

Post by Pierre »

I have 2 questions:

1. If I understood the whole generation thing, we're supposed to vote for Pokémon now, right?

2. This one is more general: I'm inexperienced with Sega, so I want to know more about the Sonic the Hedgehog games. There were no less than five releases on the period (1, 2, 3, CD, Knuckles) and I'm not sure I will have the time to play all of them. I've started the first game and so far I like it, but I would like to know your opinions on the series.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Absolutely, vote for Pokemon now! (Or any B/W GameBoy game, for that matter)

Regarding the Sonic series, 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD are all amazing games my friend. The series turned to absolute pure 100% crap after it made the transition to 3D (and adopted the worst camera controls I have ever experience and added so many "friends" and even at one point had Sonic fall in love with a human (...?)), but the original retro games are among the all-time best in 2D platforming.

My personal favorite is probably a tie between 2 and 3/Knuckles (BTW, because Sonic 3 and Knuckles are technically the same game combined, I am perfectly fine with anyone combining the two as a single entry.)

To fully appreciate 3 or Knuckles, though, you have to play both. So I would probably suggest 2, which seems to be the most popular from what I have typically seen.

Other great Genesis titles I would definitely recommend: Gunstar Heroes, Shining Force II, Streets of Rage II, Phantasy Star II and IV.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

JimmyJazz wrote:Absolutely, vote for Pokemon now! (Or any B/W GameBoy game, for that matter)

Regarding the Sonic series, 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD are all amazing games my friend. The series turned to absolute pure 100% crap after it made the transition to 3D (and adopted the worst camera controls I have ever experience and added so many "friends" and even at one point had Sonic fall in love with a human (...?)), but the original retro games are among the all-time best in 2D platforming.

My personal favorite is probably a tie between 2 and 3/Knuckles (BTW, because Sonic 3 and Knuckles are technically the same game combined, I am perfectly fine with anyone combining the two as a single entry.)

To fully appreciate 3 or Knuckles, though, you have to play both. So I would probably suggest 2, which seems to be the most popular from what I have typically seen.

Other great Genesis titles I would definitely recommend: Gunstar Heroes, Shining Force II, Streets of Rage II, Phantasy Star II and IV.
Thanks for the advice and suggestions, I will surely take them into account. For Sonic, I'll see, it will depend on my rate of progress I guess. Also, I believe you indirectly answered one question I was going to ask at the next round, which would have been "Are Metal Slug 2 and X considered the same game", which they are I suppose, in light of the Sonic 3/Knuckles exemple.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

1. Final Fantasy VI
2. Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
3. Super Metroid
4. Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals
5. Final Fantasy V
6. Chrono Trigger
7. Donkey Kong Country 2
8. Final Fantasy IV
9. Sonic The Hedgehog
10. Super Castlevania
11. Super Mario World
12. Star Ocean
13. Sonic The Hedgehog 3
14. Mario Kart
15. Street Fighter 2

My biggest recommendations would be to play Zelda: LTTP, Super Metroid, and at least one of the SNES Final Fantasies. Also if you're really into RPGs, try to play Lufia 2 and Star Ocean. Star Ocean wasn't originally released in the US but it's easy to find a fan translated ROM now. (Star Ocean: The First Departure is a remake with a totally different combat system)
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

By the way, Final Fantasy IV (Japan) = Final Fantasy II (Super Nintendo)
Rocky Raccoon
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Rocky Raccoon »

Sorry if I missed this in an earlier thread, but how are we handling yearly sports games like NBA Live, Madden and FIFA?
Last edited by Rocky Raccoon on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

The 90s decade is the one I was the most active in videogaming and remains by far my favourite. I will always prefer good ol' pixels to the most technically advanced fog you can find in a modern 3D game. Doing a top 15 was so hard, and I didn't even play the Sega games! So, for your pleasure (and mine), here's a top 30 of my favourite games of the 1991-1995 period:

1. Final Fantasy VI
The quintessential RPG, with engaging characters and story, perfect gameplay, and one of the greatest villains ever. FFVI and VII are tied for me as the greatest RPGs of all-times, and VII only leads in my heart because it was the first I played out of the two (plus that reference to My Bloody Valentine's Loveless which looks like a bribe)

2. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Everything that made the first game the classic point'n'click it is, but done better. Great puzzles, hilarious characters, and one of the most bizarre ending ever.

3. Super Mario World
It might have stripped down the powers available to Mario, but with the inclusion of Yoshi, alternate exits and other findings it still managed to be just as great as Super Mario Bros. 3.

4. WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness
It's less known and deep than the three "Craft" games that would follow, but it still had one of the greatest gameplay at the time.

5. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
The sequels to DKC might only have slightly perfected the gameplay of the first game, but those little evolutions were exactly what was needed to give the series classic status.

6. Pokémon Red, Blue/Green & Yellow
Who actually didn't play this game? It was not just a collection of gimmicks and ridiculously big marketing, its gameplay also proved just as addictive as Tetris, and some fights were actually challenging. For better and for worse, the Pokémon franchise actually deserves its success.

7. The Dig
A lesser-known point'n'click out of the LucasArts series of classics, The Dig features some of the most abstract puzzles the genre ever produced. It's brain-scratching, but good brain-scratching.

8. Donkey Kong Country
Most of the publicity the series enjoys refer to the revolutionary graphics and music, but that would be forgetting that these are pretty good games, too. The gameplay was not perfect, but it was solid enough.

9. Day of the Tentacle
This one point'n'click, however, is a classic, and deservedly so. The separation in three time periods, even crazier humour than Monkey Island, and a bunch of cultural references all give this gem its idiosyncratic feel.

10. Full Throttle
One more point'n'click (I promised I LOVED them), it might not be as great as the aforementioned ones, but it still features a great environment, the habitual LucasArts humour and some challenging puzzles. And robot rabbits.

11. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
I have not played much Zelda, but I've loved every single one. It doesn't feature the habitual recurring cast of the series, but it simply demonstrates that the gameplay is perfect enough.

12. Star Fox/Starwing
Nowadays, the graphics might look ridiculous (even though the 3D enhancements were revolutionary back then), but the game was actually pretty entertaining, if only thanks to its basic but efficient rail-shooter gameplay. Nothing compared to the 64 sequel, however.

13. Doom
Dumb fun. Violent fun. But it was one of the first games I ever played and I've probably lost weeks of my life on it.

14. Kirby's Dream Land 2
Contrary to its reputation as a kid-friendly series, this game and its NES predecessor were actually pretty challenging near the end. Not Mega Man or Super Mario, but still entertaining.

15. Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos
This lesser-known RPG in subjective view was actually one of my first forays into the genre, and I still hold a soft spot for it. It's also the best episode in this short-lived series; even though the sequels tried various things, none reached the perfectly balanced gameplay of the first episode.

16. Donkey Kong (1994)
17. Mega Man X
18. Secret of Mana
19. Hexen: Beyond Heretic
20. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
21. Illusion of Gaia/Illusion of Time
22. Super Castlevania IV
23. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
24. WarCraft: Orcs & Humans
25. Doom II: Hell on Earth
26. Star Wars: Dark Forces
27. Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins
28. Street Fighter II
29. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
30. Mega Man 7

Classics of the period I have not played: all SEGA games, Myst, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Final Fantasy IV and V, Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Mega Man X2 and X3, Command & Conquer, The Legend of Kyrandia, Dune II, Eye of the Beholder I & II

Classics I have played but didn't like: Mario Kart, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
Last edited by Pierre on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Rocky Raccoon wrote:Sorry if I missed this in an earlier thread, but how are we handling yearly sports games like NBA Live, Madden and FIFA?
I would say just vote for the entry that you like the best out of those series. For the sports games, I would say vote for the entries as they place within the designated console generations.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

1. Super Metroid
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
3. Gunstar Heroes
4. Earthbound
5. Shining Force II
6. Streets of Rage 2
7. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
8. Mega Man X
9. Street Fighter 2
10. Chrono Trigger
11. Final Fantasy VI
12. Final Fantasy V
13. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
14. Super Mario World
15. Final Fantasy IV
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Might seem obvious seeing my list, but I was on the Nintendo side of the console war. That being said, I have 2 sega genesis games in my top 10, and the lack of Sonic is because I never enjoyed those games, not for lack of playing them.

1) Donkey Kong Country 2 : Diddy's Kong Quest
2) Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble
Technically it's Bust a Move 2 I spent hours and hours and hours on, but only because I got it first, that's pretty much that same game
3) Super Mario World 2 : Yoshi's Island
4) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
I guess for most people you favorite Zelda is the first you played, that's right for me anyway. That's also the first game I beat where you actually had to read the texts and follow the story ! (and I think I did that in English... but it seems a bit unlikely... but not impossible...).
5) Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Easily my favorite pre DS handheld game, a perfect blend of 2D platformer.
6) Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth (the Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble)
I guess it might not be as good as Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island 2 or Sam & Max but this awesome point'n'click is the first I played, so he gets a big edge from that. But still, it's witty, hilarious, absurd, with an endearing cast... some puzzles are a bit too hard, it's not as balanced as, say, Grim Fandango, but it's still brilliant. The French voice acting was pretty fantastic too ! (fair warning though, the intro is damn ugly)
7) Chrono Trigger
8) Street of Rage 2
9) Aladdin (Sega Genesis)
There only 2 games that were on both supernes and genesis that were better on the Sega console : Mortal Kombat because of the blood, and Aladdin. It's a completely different game on both consoles, and both are very good, but the Genesis one is just outstanding, the graphics are fantastic, the animation might be the best of the generation, the level design is great... best movie adaptation ever ? Possibly
10) Marvel Super Heroes (Arcade) : where did all my lunch money go as a 12 year old boy ? Look no further !
11) Final Fantasy III/VI
12) Teenage Mutant Hero/Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
13) Super Mario World
14) Worms
15) Pokemon Red/Blue
16) Street Racer
17) The Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past
18) Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose
A surprisingly good game, great animation and graphics, especially the background. It also had a very nice way to deal with difficulty settings, the easy mode skipping whole parts of levels, making it manageable for a large audience, while the normal mode was a much more interesting challenge. (and the hard mode an even bigger one as you started each level with minimum health). The levels are very different from one another (the football game, though a nice effort, is not a great one)
19) The King of Fighters 95
20) Mario's Picross

30 other great games :
Aladdin (Super Nintendo)
ClayFighter
Day of the Tentacle
Donkey Kong Country
Doom
Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden 2
Earthworm Jim
Fatal Fury 3
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest/Mystic Quest Legend (Super Nintendo)
Joe & Mac
Killer Instinct
Looney Tunes Basketball
Megaman X
Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse
Micro Machines 2
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge/Vampire Hunter: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Quackshot starring Donald Duck
Samurai Showdown 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Bomberman
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Super Punch-Out!!!
Tekken (Arcade)
Tennis (gameboy)
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
Theme Park
Warcraft 2
Windjammers
X-Men : Children of the Atom
Zombies At My Neighbors

10 classics I wished I had played :
I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream
Earthbound
Shining Force serie
Phantasy Star serie
Alone in the Dark
Dune II
Sam & Max hit the Road
Full Throttle
Ecco the Dolphin
The Adventures of Batman & Robin

Worst game I owned : Desert Demolition Starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote
Great graphics and animation doesn't always prevent a game from sucking.

I don't remember Shag Fu as being AS bad as I often hear... though I don't remember much of it anyway.

Favorite song : I don't remember much the musics of Chrono Trigger and FFVI (for FFVI, it's explained by the fact I played them in emulation, often without the sound on).
Nothing quite beats the Ballad of the Wind Fish in Link's Awakening anyway. I would often go back in the game just to hear it...
I gotta give a nod to the songs from the farwest level in Tiny Toon Adventures too, the 3 of them were awesome, the first 2 were variations on the cartoon theme with a western vibe and the 3rd was more fast and stressful.
The soundtracks of the DK Country games were flawless. Stickerbrush Symphony is often seen as one of the best VG music ever, but I have to give it to Mining Melancholy.
And of course this them that, as you should know, goes with everything
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

I like your list Nassim!
Nassim wrote: 6) Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth (the Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble)
An interesting pick here. I recently downloaded it for ScummVM and started a bit, and I found the premise interesting. I will surely come back to it at some point.
Nassim wrote: Earthbound
I wish I had finished Earthbound. I started it long ago and actually reached the third or fourth town. I loved everything about the game, the gameplay, atmosphere... But it was so dang hard! I just gave up, regretfully, as I was otherwise having a good time. I must give it a second chance some time.

Nassim wrote: The soundtracks of the DK Country games were flawless. Stickerbrush Symphony is often seen as one of the best VG music ever, but I have to give it to Mining Melancholy.
"Mining Melancholy" is regularly acclaimed too. Although I understand the followers of "Stickerbrush Symphony"; it's really a beautiful tune.
Nassim wrote: I don't remember much the musics of Chrono Trigger and FFVI (for FFVI, it's explained by the fact I played them in emulation, often without the sound on)
It did have great tracks. As for the games themselves, I prefer VII's soundtrack, but VI did have pretty songs. "Terra's Theme" is a classic.
I will also mention the soundtracks to Full Throttle (which was dumb biker rock done by a band called the Gone Jackals, but it went well with the game itself) or The Dig and Ecco the Dolphin (great ambient stuff).
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

1| The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2| DOOM
3| Chrono Trigger
4| Super Metroid
5| Civilization (I like other entries better but I vote for this with the idea of voting for the series)
6| Gunstar Heroes
7| Street Fighter II
8| Final Fantasy VI
9| Super Mario World
10| Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
11| Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
12| Sonic the Hedgehog 2
13| The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
14| Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
15| Super Mario Kart

And that's not even mentioning a slew of other games that I partially regret leaving off the list :(
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

In light of the voting arrangement for Tetris in the first round of voting, if I prefer Doom 64 for the Nintendo 64, should I just vote for "regular" Doom, since they are in many ways the same game? (Also: same question for Resident Evil 1 on GameCube, yet voting for the older PS1 version.)
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Live in Phoenix wrote:In light of the voting arrangement for Tetris in the first round of voting, if I prefer Doom 64 for the Nintendo 64, should I just vote for "regular" Doom, since they are in many ways the same game?
Actually, Doom 64 is a different game. It consists of entirely new levels and graphics.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Well, it seems we are running into the whole Pac Man thing again :mrgreen:

I personally don't care what version of DOOM anyone votes for: aside from "plot" changes, they all feel like one and the same game to me all of the time. Same with Mario Kart, same with The Sims, same with Civilization (or any RTS, for that matter), etc. If you vote for DOOM now, Live, it probably has a better chance of getting in (just like with RE1 in the next poll as you mentioned), but it is your call.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

JimmyJazz wrote:Well, it seems we are running into the whole Pac Man thing again :mrgreen:

I personally don't care what version of DOOM anyone votes for: aside from "plot" changes, they all feel like one and the same game to me all of the time. Same with Mario Kart, same with The Sims, same with Civilization (or any RTS, for that matter), etc. If you vote for DOOM now, Live, it probably has a better chance of getting in (just like with RE1 in the next poll as you mentioned), but it is your call.
It's an interesting perception here, one I can understand; but to me it sounds like saying all Mega Man games are the same, or all Sonic games, which may be true from a certain viewpoint. That's entirely a personal approach, but I do consider sequels to a game a different game, even if that sequel adds almost nothing to the original game (between Doom and Doom 2, an additional weapon and a dozen monster, between Doom 2 and Doom 64, another additional weapon and new graphics). I won't vote for Doom 64, I played it and liked it, but that's not an all-time fav, but for instance, at the next round I will vote for several Tomb Raider games, or the two Oddworld: Abe, even though gameplay changes between episodes are not fundamental.

And to prove that this rule is not set in stone for me either, I'm going to vote later for Unreal Tournament 2003 and 2004 as a combined entry, even though technically (at least, plot-wise, but that's not like it matters for such games) one is the sequel to the other. So I guess it's not THAT important :mrgreen:
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I never got into Doom, but every Mario Kart is very different.

The only time it's the same game is if the levels are the same, like Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES are the same game.

Love seeing the universal love for LTTP and Super Metroid.
Rocky Raccoon
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Rocky Raccoon »

1. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
I may literally have been one of the top players in the world at this game during the mid-nineties.
2. NBA Live ’95 (SNES)
3. Myst (PC)
4. Super Star Wars (SNES)
5. Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball (SNES)
6. Worms (PC)
7. Super Tennis (SNES)
8. Star Fox (SNES)
9. Civilization (PC)
10. The 7th Guest (PC)
11. Super Mario World (SNES)
12. Top Gear 2 (SNES)
13. The Lost Vikings (SNES)
14. NBA Jam (Arcade)
15. Master of Orion (PC)
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Two more days left to vote! LiveInPhoenix? Jeff? Romain? Anybody else?
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

I've got 15, but I'm hoping to get some more playtime in, today or tomorrow
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

One day left to vote people! This thing will close at midnight!
Jeff
Different Class

Post by Jeff »

1. X-Com
2. Super Mario World
3. NBA Jam
4. Sid Meier's Civilization
5. Sam & Max Hit the Road
6. Doom
7. Gunstar Heroes
8. Super Mario Kart
9. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
10. Sid Meier's Colonization
11. Lemmings
12. MechWarrior 2
13. Syndicate
14. Master of Orion
15. Sensible World of Soccer
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

[imgsize 250x225]http://cf.shacknews.com/images/20120212 ... _20888.jpg[/imgsize]

1. DOOM
2. Street Fighter II
3. Final Fantasy II
4. Super Metroid
5. Lemmings
6. Super Mario World
7. F-Zero
8. The Lost Vikings
9. Super Castlevania IV
10. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
11. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
12. Shadowrun
13. Mortal Kombat
14. Secret of Mana
15. King Arthur's World
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Poll is officially closed, gentlemen. Here are the results:

[imgsize 400x280]http://images7.alphacoders.com/333/333115.jpg[/imgsize]

NOTE: Not an actual screenshot from the game, but I couldn't resist using this.

1| The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past / 136 points / 4 votes
2| Super Metroid / 120 / 4
3| DOOM / 118 / 5
3| Final Fantasy III/VI / 118 / 5
5| Chrono Trigger / 105 / 5
6| Super Mario World / 102 / 8
7| Donkey Kong Country 2 / 74 / 3
8| XCOM / 70 / 2
9| Super Mario Kart / 61 / 4
10| Lufia 2 / 60 / 2
11| Street Fighter II (and its gazillion iterations...) / 57 / 4
12| Gunstar Heroes / 49 / 3 (the only Genesis game, no Sonic interestingly enough)
13| Sid Meier's Civilization / 48 / 4
14| Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge / 47 / 2
15| NBA Live / 40 / 1
15| Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move / 40 / 1
17| Final Fantasy II/IV / 39 / 3
18| Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island / 35 / 2
19| The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening / 33 / 4 (only b/w GameBoy game, no Pokemon R/B/Y surprisingly, guess folks might vote for G/S/C in the next poll...)
20| NBA Jam / 32 / 2
Last edited by JimmyJazz on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Donkey Kong Country 2 should have more than 54 pts, my vote and Pierre's alone put it higher than that and there's a 3rd one!
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Nassim wrote:Donkey Kong Country 2 should have more than 54 pts, my vote and Pierre's alone put it higher than that and there's a 3rd one!
You are quite right, sir! I have corrected this. Must have been real sleepy compiling votes... :whistle:
Rocky Raccoon
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Rocky Raccoon »

I also voted for NBA Jam.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Rocky Raccoon wrote:I also voted for NBA Jam.
Corrected!
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

The games I've played before 1995 are very slim, so only a top 10 for this poll.

1. Chrono Trigger (Square, 1995)
2. Lufia 2 (Rise of the Sinistrals, 1995)
3. Wolfenstein 3D (id Software, 1992)
4. UFO: Enemy Unknown (Mythos Games, 1994)
5. Doom (id Software, 1993)
6. Command & Conquer (Westwood Studios, 1995)
7. SimCity 2000 (Maxis, 1993)
8. Star Wars: TIE Fighter (Totally Games, 1994)
9. Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness (Blizzard Entertainment, 1995)
10. Civilization (MicroProse, 1991)
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Thanks to Stephan's ballot, he list has been updated. Chrono Trigger boots Mario out of the Top 5, and Myst is swapped with Lufia 2.

Return to “General Discussion”