Game Idea

Holden
Never Going Back Again

Game Idea

Post by Holden »

Alright, so I’ve been tossing this game around in my head for a while. It’s basically like Survivor, but the participants are fellow forum-goers and all of the challenges are online, and ultimately with not all that much involvement from the contestants.
How it would work:
Anyone who wants to participate let’s me know in this thread it would require likely one visit to the forum every three days or so.
First, I will give a challenge. This might be a trivia question, me sending you to a game online, etc.
Then, you complete the challenge, and pm me your answer, a screenshot of your score, or however else the challenge requires.
After three days, I reveal the winner(s), who now have immunity. Then it’s your turn to do something again. You PM me your vote for who to eliminate. It is absolutely recommend to talk with others over PM or otherwise about who to eliminate. This game is based on Survivor after all!
I then tally the votes, and post the results. The one with the most votes is eliminated. We repeat this until we have a winner!
I don’t know if this forum really likes to have competition between forumers, but I thought a more interactive competitive game might be interesting! Each challenge would only last a maximum of five or so minutes, so it wouldn’t be all that time consuming, and as long as everyone had a good attitude and didn’t take eliminations personally, I think it could be fun! Let me know your thoughts and if you’d want to participate. If we get enough, we could even do a “tribe” and “merge” portion of the game like the real show where you start out on teams!
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Re: Game Idea

Post by Jirin »

I'm in for this kind of thing if other people are. I'm bored.
styrofoamboots
Wannabe

Post by styrofoamboots »

I hardly know anything about Survivor, but I'd be willing to give it a shot
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Here’s a schedule of what it might look like:
Day 1: Assign Challenge (maybe trivia, maybe a game online, etc.
Day 1-3: Complete Challenge by Participants and send me results (this will rely on the honor system a bit but it’s not like anyone’s winning money or anything so I’m not to worried)
Day 4: announce results and who’s immune from the vote this week
Day 4-6: Participants send in their votes for elimination/discuss strategy for elimination over pm or the like
Day 7: announce the weeks elimination and next challenge.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."

Return to “General Discussion”