Kanye is running for president

PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Kanye is running for president

Post by PlasticRam »

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/12 ... 3365594112

What do you in America think of this? I would totally vote for Ye, unsurprisingly.

I wonder if he would take more votes from Biden or Trump. Maybe Biden.
I feel like that
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Re: Kanye is running for president

Post by Nick »

This is a completely terrible idea and I am ashamed of my country. Given a choice between Kanye and Trump I suppose I would choose Kanye, but I would choose Biden over Kanye any day of the week, and I am not some big Biden fan or anything.

Anyway, Kanye is probably doing this to throw the election to Trump, which is just awful.
Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Andre »

How low can you go ...
Cold Butterfly
Different Class

Post by Cold Butterfly »

I wouldn’t freak out over this. It’s far too late for West to appear on the ballot in many states. I also doubt that write-in votes for him are gonna make any impact whatsoever. All things considered, whatever he’s talking about here isn’t gonna come to fruition.

And yeah, I have to agree with Nick that he’s only doing this to try to give the election to Trump.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

This deserves zero attention, but like Cold Butterfly pointed out the deadline to appear on the ballot in a lot of states has already passed (plus in the states where the deadline hasn't passed, he would need to get a lot of signatures in a short period of time to get on the ballot). Like everything with Kanye, this is about nothing but getting attention.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

If anything he'll split the narcissistic megalomaniac vote.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Betting sites are giving him 33:1 to win the presidency, so they at least take him seriously. Trump wasn't taken seriously at first either.

Edit: Or I guess on avg it's a little higher, like 60:1.
I feel like that
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

PlasticRam wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:42 am Betting sites are giving him 33:1 to win the presidency, so they at least take him seriously. Trump wasn't taken seriously at first either.

Seeing as how Kanye has already missed the ballot in Texas and New York, two of the largest states in the US, and how a third party candidate hasn't even come close to winning the presidency in over 100 years, I'm going to say there's about a 0% chance that Kanye can actually win.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Nick wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:24 am
PlasticRam wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:42 am Betting sites are giving him 33:1 to win the presidency, so they at least take him seriously. Trump wasn't taken seriously at first either.

I'm going to say there's about a 0% chance that Kanye can actually win.
That's ridiculous to say. But you did say about, so maybe you think there's a chance between 0% and .5%, which is not that ridiculous.

The bookmakers are usually on the money.

Both Biden and Trump are quite weak candidates. That being said, of course Ye winning is extremely unlikely, but I don't think it's impossible. A lot of young people who don't usually vote might vote for Ye.
I feel like that
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

PlasticRam wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:26 am

That's ridiculous to say. But you did say about, so maybe you think there's a chance between 0% and .5%, which is not that ridiculous.

Both Biden and Trump are quite weak candidates. That being said, of course Ye winning is extremely unlikely, but I don't think it's impossible. A lot of young people who don't usually vote might vote for Ye.
Okay, I'll admit that I was using a little hyperbole. There is never a 0% chance of anything. Even the chance that the sun explodes tomorrow is higher than 0%. So with that being said, there's realistically a 0.5% chance of Kanye winning the presidency.
Myself
Let's Get It On

Post by Myself »

I'd be curious to know what qualities you think Kanye possesses that would make him a great president. Haven't we already learned our lesson from electing a narcissistic, unstable "entertainer" with no political experience? (If I remember right, you were an early supporter of trump, too.) I love Kanye's music, but there is no thought in my mind that he'd be a great choice to run this (or any) country - which is the exact same thing I thought (and still think) of trump.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Myself wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:47 am

I'd be curious to know what qualities you think Kanye possesses that would make him a great president. Haven't we already learned our lesson from electing a narcissistic, unstable "entertainer" with no political experience? (If I remember right, you were an early supporter of trump, too.) I love Kanye's music, but there is no thought in my mind that he'd be a great choice to run this (or any) country - which is the exact same thing I thought (and still think) of trump.
I'm not a Trump supporter anymore. I'm just a big fan of Kanye and that's why I support him. I think it might be a disaster, but Kanye is my idol so I want him to do well. Maybe I'm a bit immature,

But I don't think he can screw up too badly. He would have help from others. And what I think is a big issue is the North Korea situation, but I think that's already solved cos someone (me lowkey) told Trump to say to Kim that if he nukes some country, that would mean his own death. So now he knows and won't do anything.

I have no idea what Ye's foreign policy would be, but he would likely be a non-interventionist and that's infinitely better than bombing 7 different countries.

I'm neutral on Biden. He's more likeable than Hillary for sure, but he's a bit senile. But he would have a lot of help from others too.

So in conclusion, I prefer Kanye just cos I like him so much. I guess Biden winning would be better than Trump getting a second term. What really irked me was the fact that he retweeted some guy yelling "white power". He's definitely going more for racist votes this time.
I feel like that
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

PlasticRam wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pm (me lowkey)
Okay, I'll bite. What do you mean by this?
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Holden wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:57 pm
PlasticRam wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pm (me lowkey)
Okay, I'll bite. What do you mean by this?
I posted a bunch of stuff online in 2017 and then I called 911 and said I had written a manifesto (I was psychotic) so that's how Trump heard of me. And online people debated whether I'm Jesus or not cos I posted as john933 which I chose randomly and it turns out it's a Bible verse "If this man were not from God, he could do nothing". So that's how Fox News for a while thought I was the second coming before I screwed it up. Then I went into a mental hospital cos of the psychosis and it turns out people supposedly killed people cos of the Bible quote cos they thought they are from God and they can do anything, including kill people. I had no idea they would do this. So there was a time when I thought I would go to jail or even get tortured cos I popularised the Bible quote. But then North Korea was shooting missiles and it seemed like Trump might have to nuke North Korea pre-emptively. So then I was reading the Bible and a guy came and read it with me and pointed out some verse and it triggered me into Christ-consciousness so that's how I came up with what to say to Kim. I said "Yo Kim, if you nuke someone, we're gonna kill you!" Then Trump parroted it to Kim so I kinda solved the North Korea situation and that's why I'm not in prison. The next day on local Fox news channel a guy said I have a heart of a lion (I had written about the song Heart of a Lion by Kid Cudi online). But then the Las Vegas shooting happened and people say it was cos of me cos I posted again a bunch of psychotic shit online and the worst thing I said was "people that have died cos of me are heroes". And I got freaked out about Nazis doing shootings in America. So theoretically the shooter could've seen my postings and that's why did the shooting. And Fox News totally blames me for the shooting. They did an article on 10 deadliest cities in Europe and my city was number 8, even though that's nowhere near true. They just did that article to reference me and how I'm responsible for deaths. And the shooter had 23 rifles in his hotel room (I had written about the magic of the number 23 online). But the guy did plan it for months, so at most I was a trigger for the shooting, which is of course totally horrible still.

I don't care if I get banned for this. This is just what happened to me. I try not to do any more postings relating to this.

I saved millions of lives potentially. So overall I've been a positive influence to the world.

And I guess most of you won't believe any part of my story and that's okay. No-one believes me in my country either. But just ask for example the hosts of The Five on Fox News channel. I swear on my grandmother's life they are aware of me and know just about every part of my story.

I of course regret posting psychotic shit online more than anything and the Las Vegas shooting having happened is a burden that I carry for the rest of my life. It kinda traumatised me and I can't get over it.

And like I've said before, Happy Birthday Johnny is totally a reference to me, cos I posted as john933 and cos it says "Is it 23?" It makes absolutely no sense to say "Happy New Year Johnny, is it 23?" I mean what the hell does that even mean if it's not a reference to me...

I have called the Las Vegas police twice and said I might've had something to do with the shooting, but I haven't heard back from them.
I feel like that
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Well I certainly hope you don't get banned because I asked you to elaborate, but now that you've fully explained yourself I feel as though it is probably good not to post about that stuff anymore.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Holden wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:51 pm Well I certainly hope you don't get banned because I asked you to elaborate, but now that you've fully explained yourself I feel as though it is probably good not to post about that stuff anymore.
True :angry-nono: I hope no-one continues this convo cos I might have to still defend my POV.

Sorry I had to tell the whole story and not just the North Korea thing. I just didn't wanna paint myself as some Jesus-like figure who saves the world and never does anything bad.

I'm such a horrible person :(

I mean I tried to do good. I just hope no-one kills more people.

Sometimes I feel like I deserve to be tortured tho. Certainly if a nuclear holocaust happens.

I mean whatever. I still believe I am from God. I'm not Jesus tho. I'm not perfect. But I am from God and that's that. End of story. I won't edit this post anymore and hopefully will never mention this shit again.
I feel like that
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

I think it’s probably best to lock this topic. But PlasticRam, you are not a horrible person. :romance-grouphug:
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Return to “General Discussion”