5%
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
9%

Total votes: 22

ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

AMF Book Club #1 - The Voting

Post by ordinaryperson »

Choose 2 books that you would like to discuss in a book club.
There is No More Firmament.
Schüttelbirne
Into the Groove

Re: AMF Book Club #1 - The Voting

Post by Schüttelbirne »

Since Dune seems to be leading, a short question: We would only read the first book, right? Getting through a series of six books is quite a task...
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

Schüttelbirne wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:26 pm Since Dune seems to be leading, a short question: We would only read the first book, right? Getting through a series of six books is quite a task...
We would only be reading the first book, as it was not listed as the Dune series in the results.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I feel like, in general, we should probably only be reading the first book (except in the case of Discworld where it would probably be better to start with a sub-series - the actual first couple books usually aren't considered representational) - if we want to continue, then we can vote, but it would be weird to lock ourselves into an entire series at once.

And if Call of Cthulhu wins for some reason, can we have the second-most voted work be next? Since the process to simply decide what to read is taking two weeks, I'd rather not immediately start the process all over again because we voted for a short story.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

BleuPanda wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:56 pm I feel like, in general, we should probably only be reading the first book (except in the case of Discworld where it would probably be better to start with a sub-series - the actual first couple books usually aren't considered representational) - if we want to continue, then we can vote, but it would be weird to lock ourselves into an entire series at once.

And if Call of Cthulhu wins for some reason, can we have the second-most voted work be next? Since the process to simply decide what to read is taking two weeks, I'd rather not immediately start the process all over again because we voted for a short story.
I didn't realize that Call of Cthulhu was that short of a story, I thought it was a small novella. I would be fine with reading Dune after Call of Cthulhu though I would want some input from other forum members before I do that.

Return to “General Discussion”