Most Acclaimed Video Game Systems of All Time

letmeintomyzone
Let's Get It On

Most Acclaimed Video Game Systems of All Time

Post by letmeintomyzone »

Hello, there, AcclaimedMusic. I am still desiring to finish my Most Acclaimed Comics of All Time project and get started on my 100 Most Acclaimed Episodes of All Time project, but, here's a smaller, less daunting project to hold you over, here is a list, compiled from various sources, to collect what critics consider the best videogame systems of all time. I used some lists, specifically, from ones counting down specific "Best Videogame Handhelds of All Time" lists, for some of these, so keep that in mind.

PlayStation 2 - 9 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 9 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence)
Nintendo Entertainment System - 9 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence)
Sega Genesis - 8 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence)
Atari 2600 - 7 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Gaming Excellence)
Nintendo 64 - 8 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, HiConsumption, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence)
Game Boy/Game Boy Color - 7 (GamesRadar, WatchMojo, GameTrailers, Kotaku, GamingBible, PocketLint, Esquire)
Game Boy Advance - 7 (GamesRadar, WatchMojo, GameTrailers, Kotaku, GamingBible, Pocket Lint, Esquire)
PlayStation - 7 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence)
Nintendo Switch - 7 (The Guardian, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Esquire, GamingBible, PocketLint, Esquire)
Nintendo DS - 7 (WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Kotaku, GamingBible, PocketLint, Esquire, GameDaily)
Sega Dreamcast - 8 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence)
Nintendo Wii - 6 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Esquire)
Nintendo 3DS - 6 (WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Kotaku, GamingBible, PocketLint, Esquire)
Nintendo GameCube - 6 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, HiConsumption, GameDaily, GamingExcellence)
Xbox 360 - 6 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, GameDaily)
Xbox - 6 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Esquire, Gaming Excellence)
PlayStation 3 - 5 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption)
Sega Saturn - 4 (GamesRadar, IGN, The Guardian, HiConsumption)
Magnavox Odyssey - 4 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, HiConsumption)
Sega Master System - 4 (The Guardian, IGN, GamesRadar, HiConsumption)
PlayStation Portable - 4 (GamesRadar, GamingBible, Pocket Lint, Esquire)
Last edited by letmeintomyzone on Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jirin
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Most Acclaimed Video Game Systems of All Time

Post by Jirin »

The ones I've used the most in my life are probably SNES, PS2, PS4 and Switch. And if I had to live with only four systems for the rest of my life those'd probably be it.
FrankLotion
Different Class

Re: Most Acclaimed Video Game Systems of All Time

Post by FrankLotion »

I’ve been very fortunate to have owned a few of these at one point or another but I have to say the PS2 in particular gives me the fondest memories