Most Acclaimed Video Game Systems of All Time

letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Most Acclaimed Video Game Systems of All Time

Post by letmeintomyzone »

Hello, there, AcclaimedMusic. I am still desiring to finish my Most Acclaimed Comics of All Time project and get started on my 100 Most Acclaimed Episodes of All Time project, but, here's a smaller, less daunting project to hold you over, here is a list, compiled from various sources, to collect what critics consider the best videogame systems of all time. I used some lists, specifically, from ones counting down specific "Best Videogame Handhelds of All Time" lists, for some of these, so keep that in mind.

PlayStation 2 - 10 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence, One37PM)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 10 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence, One37PM)
Nintendo Entertainment System - 10 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence, One37PM)
Sega Genesis - 9 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence, One37PM)
Nintendo 64 - 9 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, HiConsumption, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence, One37PM)
Sega Dreamcast - 9 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence, One37PM)
Game Boy/Game Boy Color - 8 (GamesRadar, WatchMojo, GameTrailers, Kotaku, GamingBible, PocketLint, Esquire, One37PM)
Atari 2600 - 8 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Gaming Excellence, One37PM)
Game Boy Advance - 8 (GamesRadar, WatchMojo, GameTrailers, Kotaku, GamingBible, Pocket Lint, Esquire, One37PM)
PlayStation - 8 (The Guardian, GameTrailers, IGN, WatchMojo, Esquire, GameDaily, Gaming Excellence, One37PM)
Nintendo Switch - 8 (The Guardian, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Esquire, GamingBible, PocketLint, Esquire, One37PM)
Nintendo Wii - 7 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, Esquire, One37PM)
Nintendo GameCube - 7 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, HiConsumption, GameDaily, GamingExcellence, One37PM)
Nintendo DS - 7 (WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Kotaku, GamingBible, PocketLint, Esquire, GameDaily)
Xbox 360 - 7 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, GameDaily, One37PM)
Xbox - 7 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Esquire, Gaming Excellence, One37PM)
Nintendo 3DS - 6 (WatchMojo, GamesRadar, Kotaku, GamingBible, PocketLint, Esquire)
PlayStation 3 - 6 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, GamesRadar, HiConsumption, One37PM)
Sega Saturn - 5 (GamesRadar, IGN, The Guardian, HiConsumption, One37PM)
PlayStation Portable - 5 (GamesRadar, GamingBible, Pocket Lint, Esquire, One37PM)
Magnavox Odyssey - 4 (The Guardian, IGN, WatchMojo, HiConsumption)
Sega Master System - 4 (The Guardian, IGN, GamesRadar, HiConsumption)
Last edited by letmeintomyzone on Wed May 25, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Re: Most Acclaimed Video Game Systems of All Time

Post by Jirin »

The ones I've used the most in my life are probably SNES, PS2, PS4 and Switch. And if I had to live with only four systems for the rest of my life those'd probably be it.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

I’ve been very fortunate to have owned a few of these at one point or another but I have to say the PS2 in particular gives me the fondest memories
lisamartin
Debut

Post by lisamartin »

Exciting list! Can't wait to see your Most Acclaimed Comics and 100 Most Acclaimed Episodes rice purity test projects. Thanks for the gaming system insights—great reference for enthusiasts.

Return to “General Discussion”