AMF All Time Artists List 2019 - Results

Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Re: AMF All Time Artists List 2019 - Results

Post by Moonbeam »

Henrik wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 am Thanks for these stats, Moonbeam. As your highest correlated forumer, I couldn’t be happier.
Not surprising thanks to your recommendations!

I don't appear in anybody's top 10. :lol: But I'm in your top 20 (at number 20), second only to keater, on whose list I'm 19th. :mrgreen:
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

By the way, if anybody is interested, I've learned how to protect ranges in online spreadsheets, so I finally feel comfortable starting a Google Sheet to generate user-user correlations based on song ratings from AM. The idea would be to create a big Google sheet with the songs listed on AM, and allow users to enter ratings in a protected column. Would anybody be interested in this?
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Moonbeam wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:29 am I've learned how to protect ranges in online spreadsheets, so I finally feel comfortable starting a Google Sheet
This could be something for future AM site work as well, don't you think?
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Moonbeam wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:29 am By the way, if anybody is interested, I've learned how to protect ranges in online spreadsheets, so I finally feel comfortable starting a Google Sheet to generate user-user correlations based on song ratings from AM. The idea would be to create a big Google sheet with the songs listed on AM, and allow users to enter ratings in a protected column. Would anybody be interested in this?
If you want I can send you a spreadsheet with some background info, that could also be used for interesting correlation analyses, for example if a person prefers male or female artists, bands or solo artists, etc.
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

Moonbeam wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:34 am I've used the spreadsheet to come up with correlations based on the points awarded. Here are the top 10 users based on correlation for all participants:
So everyone should go to Arcadefire for recommendations, apparently!

Seemed like almost everyone's #1
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

andyd1010 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:47 pm
Moonbeam wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:34 am I've used the spreadsheet to come up with correlations based on the points awarded. Here are the top 10 users based on correlation for all participants:

I suspect that's because Arcadefire said in the list thread that he took the AM list and rearranged it based upon how he felt about the artist, and we're all bound to have a lot of acclaimed artists on our lists. We could go to him for recommendations, but I'm guessing we'd all know most of the artists. ;)

Thanks for the correlations, Moonbeam! Some people in my top 10 that I would have expected, and others that came as a complete surprise.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

jamieW wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:56 pm

I suspect that's because Arcadefire said in the list thread that he took the AM list and rearranged it based upon how he felt about the artist, and we're all bound to have a lot of acclaimed artists on our lists. We could go to him for recommendations, but I'm guessing we'd all know most of the artists. ;)

Thanks for the correlations, Moonbeam! Some people in my top 10 that I would have expected, and others that came as a complete surprise.
I'm so sorry ArcadeFire, it must feel awful to get a comment like this, but I have to say that when someone rearranges the AM list a bit, without including any lesser acclaimed artists, it just makes the overall poll results a bit less exciting.
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

Henrik wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:32 pm
jamieW wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:56 pm

I'm so sorry ArcadeFire, it must feel awful to get a comment like this, but I have to say that when someone rearranges the AM list a bit, without including any lesser acclaimed artists, it just makes the overall poll results a bit less exciting.
And I'm sorry, too. I certainly didn't mean any offense by it, ArcadeFire. (I would hope that anyone who has known me over my many years on this site would know that.) I will keep my mouth shut from now on.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

Henrik wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:28 am
Moonbeam wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:29 am I've learned how to protect ranges in online spreadsheets, so I finally feel comfortable starting a Google Sheet
This could be something for future AM site work as well, don't you think?
Yes! It would make it easier than having to collate multiple different spreadsheets.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

Henrik wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:35 am
Moonbeam wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:29 am By the way, if anybody is interested, I've learned how to protect ranges in online spreadsheets, so I finally feel comfortable starting a Google Sheet to generate user-user correlations based on song ratings from AM. The idea would be to create a big Google sheet with the songs listed on AM, and allow users to enter ratings in a protected column. Would anybody be interested in this?
If you want I can send you a spreadsheet with some background info, that could also be used for interesting correlation analyses, for example if a person prefers male or female artists, bands or solo artists, etc.
Yes, that would be great!
Father2TheMan
Different Class

Post by Father2TheMan »

Cold Butterfly wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:01 pm
Elder wrote: Finally, butterfly is all your fault the Velvet Underground being kicked out of the Top 20.

:character-cookiemonster:
I accept responsibility for the fact that my absence from this poll probably cost them a top 20 position :mrgreen: :angry-banghead:
I bear some of the blame, too. I am still finalizing a (belated and non-counting) list but it looks like they would probably have been between 110-120 for me so that might have bolstered them a bit.
"The laughs come hard in Old Lang Syne....."

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”