Welcome to the new forum!

Henrik
Site Admin

Welcome to the new forum!

Post by Henrik »

Welcome everyone to the new forum! I am enjoying it already and I hope you will too.

Let me take this opportunity to thank a few people.

- First of all, thanks to Stephan who helped me create the new forum and who is now co-administrator of the new forum.
- Also thanks to nicolas who is going to be a moderator of the forum.
- Last, but not least, thanks to everyone who helps with the migration of important posts (critics lists and AMF polls) from the old forum. It is quite a lot of work so if you want to contribute then say it here.

PS. While I'm at it, one more thank you to Harold Wexler and Chris for their fantastic job with the EOY spreadsheets and to Otisredding for the Mega-Critic charts.
PS2. All other great contributions are not forgotten, but the post will be too long...

The old forums can be found here and while the migration is in process some of the links on these boards will still refer to the old forum. However, you can (and should) no longer post on those boards.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Re: Welcome to the new forum!

Post by Listyguy »

Henrik, with the old forum locked, it's going to be a lot more difficult to import the old polls (with pictures and such) because you can't quote, copy and paste. You might want to leave them open for this.
Evan
Strange Fruit

Post by Evan »

New forum looks good. Great job on the transfer everybody.

I wasn't sure where to post that, so I'll just post it here.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

The new forum looks very good.

I am looking to add my selections for consideration in the Forum Poll: The Best Albums and Songs of 1990.

I am interested in understanding when this 1990 Forum Poll will be available in the new forum.
nicolas

Post by nicolas »

Henry it should be available in the next 12 hours
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Listyguy wrote:Henrik, with the old forum locked, it's going to be a lot more difficult to import the old polls (with pictures and such) because you can't quote, copy and paste. You might want to leave them open for this.
Ooops, you're right that we need to be able to copy quotes. I will open up the old forum again.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
John
Let's Get It On

Post by John »

Nice!
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

On a side note. Horray! No more captcha!
Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Andre »

The forum looks much better, thanks for the update!
HRS
Let's Get It On

Post by HRS »

So fancy, beautiful and new. :D

Yo like it. :mrgreen:
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

I've added custom phpBB codes for both sized images as well as YouTube videos, buttons (and small instructions when you hover over the buttons) for which you will find when you make a new post.

Also, if you spot a spam post you can notify a moderator by using the report option (the !) above that particular spam post.
Dan
Movin' On Up

Post by Dan »

Stephan wrote:I've added custom phpBB codes for both sized images as well as YouTube videos, buttons (and small instructions when you hover over the buttons) for which you will find when you make a new post.
Thanks Stephan! I've figured out how to change the size of an image, but I'm struggling a bit with embedding a YouTube video. I've tried to embed "Lonely Boy" by following your instructions:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_426RiwST8]/youtube]

I've also tried:
But it's not working. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
...will keep us together.
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

You still need to use the full embed code, so you can change the size of the video. Simply put the embed code in between the [youtube] brackets.
Dan
Movin' On Up

Post by Dan »

Stephan wrote:You still need to use the full embed code, so you can change the size of the video. Simply put the embed code in between the [youtube] brackets.
Looks like I'm being a bit daft this morning. When I put the embed code in between the [youtube] brackets I get this:

[youtube]<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_426RiwST8?ve ... ge"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_426RiwST8?ve ... detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>[/youtube]
...will keep us together.
nicolas

Post by nicolas »

maybe it's because you're using the "old" code, the one we used in the old forum ??
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

Okay, yeah, it seems like it just doesn't work. I'll get back to you later today.

Edit: Alright, I have fixed it and simplified the embedding method. All you need to do is copy the link in the URL-bar, i.e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3mAX5xdxo and put that between the youtube brackets. You do have to use the shortest link, so anything with &blabla in the URL should be removed. Just the very basic YouTube link.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”