AMF Hall of Acclaim 2009-2013 Induction Pages

JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

AMF Hall of Acclaim 2009-2013 Induction Pages

Post by JimmyJazz »

[imgsize 300x284]http://www.modalitademode.com/blog/wp-c ... ur_ros.jpg[/imgsize] [imgsize 200x284]http://afflictor.com/wp-content/uploads ... 0.jpg.jpeg[/imgsize] [imgsize 300x284]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gs01Q1UNqNo/T ... ne-111.jpg[/imgsize] [imgsize 300x284]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... gfield.png[/imgsize]

Welcome everyone, as I present the 2009 Class of HOA: Sigur Ros, Serge Gainsbourg, Nina Simone, and Dusty Springfield. After a few days of no consensus whatsoever, Serge was quickly emerging as the main vote getter, but over the course of the last two days, Sigur Ros led the pack, although Serge still had more votes. Three of our inductees (Serge, Nina, and Dusty) have had to wait in the eligible wing for basically four decades at this point. Long overdue if you ask me! Still, the voting was really spread out this time, as Serge is the only act who got 5 votes!

(Dateline January 1, 2009: This past year, Sigur Ros released their latest album, and the influential Icelandic post-rock band embarked on a world tour to support it. As for Serge Gainsbourg, Nina Simone, and Dusty Springfield, they are all deceased. Gainsbourg died in 1991 from a heart attack and is buried in Montparnasse Cemetery in Paris. Nina Simone died in 2003 after a long hard battle with breast cancer; her ashes were scattered throughout Africa. Finally, Dusty Springfield also died from breast cancer in 1999. Tasteful wreaths will be placed on Gainsbourg's and Springfield's graves.)

The Top 20 vote getters (in the parenthesis are the number of votes received):

1. SIGUR ROS: 34 (4)
2. SERGE GAINSBOURG: 30 (5)
3. NINA SIMONE: 27 (3)
4. DUSTY SPRINGFIELD: 26 (4)
5. B.B. King: 25 (3)
6. Modest Mouse: 25 (3)
7. Rage Against the Machine: 22 (4)
8. Aphex Twin: 22 (3)
9. M.I.A.: 22 (3)
10. Soda Stereo: 20 (2)
11. Animal Collective: 18 (3)
12. Van Halen: 18 (2)
13. Siousxie and The Banshees: 17 (2)
14. Billy Joel: 16 (3)
15. Andres Calamaro: 16 (2)
16. Green Day: 16 (2)
17. Weezer: 16 (2)
18. Carole King: 15 (3)
19. Alain Bashung: 15 (2)
20. Santana: 14 (3)
20. Herbie Hancock: 14 (2)
20. Shonen Knife: 14 (2)

The 2009 Backstage entry is... nobody! Like I said in the previous thread, there has to be more consensus beyond 1 vote for different people!
Last edited by JimmyJazz on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Re: AMF Hall of Acclaim 2009-2013 Induction Pages

Post by Pierre »

Thank you for your work, JimmyJazz, great presentation here (although for some reason I don't see Serge)! Too bad there's no backstage entry, I feel that there are plenty of people left who deserve it.

Hey, I thought I was fighting a one-sided war, but Soda Stereo, Andrés Calamaro and Alain Bashung are there (although with only two votes each)... Maybe that's not a lost cause, but I still think they'll need more support. Anyway, the induction of Serge frees one room at the bottom of my top 10; according to the ongoing discussions, it seems the 2010 round will be a shoe-in for Brian Eno, but I won't be a part of it. My vote will probably go for Aphex Twin, he's a tremendously fascinating artist in his own right, and without him, no Kid A, after all...
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Pierre wrote:Thank you for your work, JimmyJazz, great presentation here (although for some reason I don't see Serge)! Too bad there's no backstage entry, I feel that there are plenty of people left who deserve it.

Hey, I thought I was fighting a one-sided war, but Soda Stereo, Andrés Calamaro and Alain Bashung are there (although with only two votes each)... Maybe that's not a lost cause, but I still think they'll need more support. Anyway, the induction of Serge frees one room at the bottom of my top 10; according to the ongoing discussions, it seems the 2010 round will be a shoe-in for Brian Eno, but I won't be a part of it. My vote will probably go for Aphex Twin, he's a tremendously fascinating artist in his own right, and without him, no Kid A, after all...
Sorry about the Serge picture, Pierre! I thought it worked, but the picture formatting on this site can be wonky sometimes. It has happened to many people it seems. If somebody could help me fix it, that would be appreciated.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

JimmyJazz wrote:
Pierre wrote:Thank you for your work, JimmyJazz, great presentation here (although for some reason I don't see Serge)! Too bad there's no backstage entry, I feel that there are plenty of people left who deserve it.

Sorry about the Serge picture, Pierre! I thought it worked, but the picture formatting on this site can be wonky sometimes. It has happened to many people it seems. If somebody could help me fix it, that would be appreciated.
No problem, that's just a remark. However, I'm not enough of an expert to help you, sorry... :?
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Thanks Henrik! I guess the picture I used was the problem.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

I just put in a new image url. The one you used had a lot of unusual symbols (@, comma signs, etc.). I don't know, but maybe the imgsize code doesn't work then.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

I am worried some people aren't voting because they are waiting for me to update these pages. I'm so busy right now that all I can do presently is administer the polls. After 2013's vote, I will create all of the other induction pages.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”