Rank the Tracks: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

babydoll
Movin' On Up

Rank the Tracks: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Post by babydoll »

BleuPanda wrote: The basic idea is to rank the tracks off the album each week to see how each track compares to each other. It's an excuse to go back to classic albums and a way to gauge the best and worst tracks of the most acclaimed albums. Simply rank all the tracks from your favorite to your least.

I plan to go in cycles of decades with the 1950s and 2010s once every other cycle. I will go with the top album of each respective decade, but I might skip questionable albums (I doubt anyone wants to rank the tracks of 69 Love Songs, no matter how great the album is).

Also, if you missed an album that you want to rank, you can do so in this thread. Please keep it to 1 old album per week. I will update the results. Please don't bump previous threads. I'd like to keep everything in the current topic and the result topic.
AND NOW THE BEATLES!!!

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) track listing:

01 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
02 | With a Little Help from My Friends
03 | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
04 | Getting Better
05 | Fixing a Hole
06 | She's Leaving Home
07 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
08 | Within You Without You
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
10 | Lovely Rita
11 | Good Morning Good Morning
12 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
13 | A Day in the Life

I will upload the rankings on Saturday. Sorry, Honorio, but I'll have to post everything on Sunday. Unexpected work came up. :x And, guys, get ready for some Sex Pistols, cause they're a-shootin' come next Saturday.
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Re: Rank the Tracks: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Post by babydoll »

01 | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
03 | Within You Without You
04 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
05 | Fixing a Hole
06 | When I'm Sixty-Four
07 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
08 | Getting Better
09 | She's Leaving Home
10 | Lovely Rita
12 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
13 | A Day in the Life

I'm sorry for that last place, but out of all the Beatles songs, I just passionately hate that one.
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

It's maybe harder to rank the songs where they are all good.

Like :
13 | A Day in the Life
04 | Getting Better
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
05 | Fixing a Hole
06 | She's Leaving Home
10 | Lovely Rita
Dislike:

This his a fucking perfect album. Surely another week my rank would have been different. Even Lovely Rita, before last is a fantastic song.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

01 | A Day in the Life
03 | She's Leaving Home
04 | Getting Better
05 | Fixing a Hole
06 | When I'm Sixty-Four
07 | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
08 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
09 | Lovely Rita
10 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
11 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
12 | Good Morning Good Morning
13 | Within You Without You

Fantastic, uplifting album. My #8 of all time.
Last edited by PlasticRam on Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I feel like that
luney6
Movin' On Up

Post by luney6 »

More than half of these songs are so silly, musically as well as concept-wise, it's laughable.

1. A Day in the Life
2. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
4. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
5. Lovely Rita
6. Within You Without You
7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
8. With a Little Help from My Friends
9. Fixing a Hole
10. When I'm Sixty-Four
11. Getting Better
12. Good Morning Good Morning
13. She's Leaving Home
"God grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

01 | A Day in the Life
02 | Within You Without You
04 | Lovely Rita
05 | She’s Leaving Home
06 | Fixing a Hole
07 | With a Little Help from my Friends
08 | Sgt. Peppers’ Lonely Hearts Club Band
09 | Getting Better
10 | When I’m Sixty-Four
13 | Sgt. Peppers’ Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
There is No More Firmament.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

Romain wrote:Like :
13 | A Day in the Life
What is this, Romain? What is this sacred institution thou hath torn apart? :mrgreen:
notbrianeno
Movin' On Up

Post by notbrianeno »

Contrarian opinions incoming:

04 | Getting Better
06 | She's Leaving Home
10 | Lovely Rita
13 | A Day in the Life
05 | Fixing a Hole
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four

Full disclosure: while I find Sgt. Pepper's to be a great art-pop record, currently sitting in the 300s on my all-time list, its definitely not my favorite Beatles album, and far from one of the first albums I would personally name as the best of the 1960s, which might explain my unusual choices.
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

I had this on my Google Drive for ages in anticipation.

A Day in the Life
Fixing a Hole
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Within You Without You
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band
When I’m Sixty-Four
With a Little Help from my Friends
St. Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band Reprise
Good Morning Good Morning
She’s Leaving Home
Getting Better

Sgt. Pepper is at #6 on my all-time list. This is actually below Revolver (#3) and only two spots ahead of Rubber Soul (#8). I think if you combined the Top 5 here with the Top 5 from Magical Mystery Cure, then you would have the perfect Beatles album. But as it stands, we have a flawed but still fantastic album on our hands.
" Ah, yes! Our meager restitution"
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

Setherex wrote:
13 | A Day in the Life
What is this, Romain? What is this sacred institution thou hath torn apart? :mrgreen:
Read the post above Romain's.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

babydoll wrote:
Setherex wrote:
13 | A Day in the Life
Read the post above Romain's.
Well I just assumed that you had posted your list completely backwards on accident. I'm still a bearer of that theory. :P
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

Setherex wrote:
13 | A Day in the Life
I have to say I never understand completly, in all the fantastic, incredible songs by The Beatles, why this one in particular is so loved by the forum. It's an incredible song, for sure, a magnificient piece of music... but they have make so many. I prefer, for example, Stawberry Fields Forever or Penny Lane. ;)

P.S. : can I ask if these words "thou hath..." are specific to a certain american state, I have this feeling?
dumbangel
Are You Experienced?

Post by dumbangel »

1. She's Leaving Home
2. A Day in the Life
3. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
4. Fixing a Hole
5. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
6. Lovely Rita
7. Getting Better
8. With a Little Help from My Friends
9. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
10. Within You Without You
11. When I'm Sixty-Four
12. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
13. Good Morning Good Morning
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

13. A Day in the Life
6. She's Leaving Home
7. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
4. Getting Better
8. Within You Without You
2. With a Little Help from My Friends
11. Good Morning Good Morning
10. Lovely Rita
05. Fixing a Hole
09. When I'm Sixty-Four
12. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

When I saw "A Day in the Life" last in babydoll list I remembered a thing I wrote some years ago in the forum about it. I haven't found it on my computer but I did a research on the web… and I found it! You can read the entire thread here.

But here is the question and the answer. A guy named kit hodges asked in 2009 in the old Acclaimed Music Forum: "I've been wondering this for a while. Why is "A Day in the Life" so acclaimed, by both critics and polltakers? I consider myself a relatively casual fan of the Beatles, as they are undeniably overrated, but they do have some absolute epic songs such as Hey Jude, Yesterday, Let it Be, Stawberry Fields Forever, etc. I would never group A Day in the Life in that category. Much of it is little more than a bunch of noise, and the John Lennon-written section is downright depressing. The Paul McCartney part is basically a completely different song, and that is far from his best. At least, this is what I hear with my ears, but perhaps someone can enlighten me."

That's why I wrote these Ten reasons why kit hodges must learn to love “A Day in the Life”, became another pretentious music geek and join our sect:

1) The summer of love factor: during the mid 60s manufacturing ear-pleasing melodies was not longer enough. Musicians simply needed to go further. The expansion of the minds that came with the hippies needed an apt music background. I’m aware how uncool is to praise the hippies now but we must thank them for many things that we enjoy today (in my case I’m afraid that I should better say “enjoyed”) like sexual freedom or drug-induced partying.
2) Silly drug songs: why singing again about love when you can sing about drugs? “I’d love to turn you on”, “I had a smoke and I went into a dream”. The Beatles were then deeply into LSD and consciously tried to reflect the psychedelic experience in many songs from the period like “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” or “Strawberry Fields Forever” (the latter song is the perfect evocation of a trip, evolving from a pastoral beginning to a disjointed sonic end).
3) Nothing you can sing it can’t be sung: Lennon took almost the complete lyrics from fragments of real news from a newspaper, quoting the death in a car crash of a member of the nobility, the première of the Richard Lester movie “How I Won the War” (starring Lennon itself) and a bizarre fragment about 10,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire. The news of today would not be only the movies of tomorrow but even the songs of forever.
4) The Frankestein factor: how’s that? Do you really think that the Lennon and McCartney pieces don’t hold together well? It’s not my opinion at all, the solemnity of Lennon’s part contrasts beautifully with the faux simplicity of Macca’s part, with interesting tricks like maintaining the doubling of the tempo when the Lennon part returns. And, oh my, what a transition!!
5) Merry melodies: with all my respects, kit, and what if that melody sounds depressing? I find amazing that such a sad melody is written using mainly major chords (G, C, F) and particularly the ending the melody on the line “about a lucky man who made the grade” in B is really inspiring. Do you really think that a happier melody could have made a better song?
6) Drumming is my madness: it’s hard to find a better drum part in the whole Ringo career that the one in “A Day in the Life” (well, maybe “Rain” too). Knowing that the rhythm was tightly maintained by the bass and the shakers Ringo could play a loose drum beat relying mainly on the toms and with the exact amount of ornaments.
7) Aaaaaah: my favourite moment of the whole Beatles catalogue is that one at 2:51 when, just after McCartney went into a dream a voice from Lennon immersed in echo and reverb comes out of nowhere and slowly it goes away and away while the orchestral backing builds from the silence, ending with some epic brass notes. 30 seconds of pleasure.
8) Orchestral noises: Martin wrote probably the most bizarre score ever for a 41-member classical orchestra: only the lowest tone of the instrument at the beginning and the highest note at the end of the 24 bars, with a line joining the two notes. Lennon even requested for “a sound like the end of the world”. Actually sounded like a new beginning
9) Odds and ends: a triple ending of both the song and the album, first the famous final chord played by three of them simultaneously lasting for 45 seconds, secondly the whistle (supposedly only audible by dogs although I can listen to it) and finally the famous “inner groove” (I jumped in fright the first time I listened to Sgt. Pepper’s, previously I knew only the version from the “Blue Album”).
10) The context, the concept: SR summarized perfectly: “After the hallucinatory trip that is Sgt. Peppers, I couldn't imagine a better finale”. The Beatles were the most popular band during the 60s (no one can deny this, isn’t it?) but, most significantly, they felt the need to be also the best, they tried to write songs with deep and poetic lyrics like Dylan, with complex structures like The Beach Boys and with sheer power like The Rolling Stones. Listening to ADITL I can tell that they’re succeeded.

I endorse two YouTube videos. First of all the video with images of the famous Abbey Road session with the orchestra, you can see the classical musicians with strange glasses and phallic masks “conducted” by a Paul McCartney dressed with an apron. You can find entertaining trying to indentify the celebrities from the Swinging London. I’ve identified Mick Jagger, Marianne Faithfull, Keith Richards, Donovan Leitch, Michael Nesmith or Patti Harrison. Enjoy…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usNsCeOV4GM

And the bizarre “Sgt. Pepper’s Inner Groove” (or “Never Could Be Any One” if you like)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaXnqw-Zv0Y

Well, kit, I don’t know if you’re still around but (with all my respects again) I must say that it is precisely the depressing tone of Lennon part, the orchestral noises and the ability of reproducing the “sounds as if someone is on drugs” that makes the song so great. Or at least to my eyes (and ears).
In fact if your arguments had been “the song is bland” or “too simple” or something like that I probably would have said nothing. But the fact that a youngster like you (well, I’m supposing that you are young, are you?) could find the song bizarre, strange or depressing stimulates me a lot, to me it explains why the Beatles legacy is still relevant and consistent. If passion for music for you lasts on you (and not fades away with age like many of my friends) I’m sure you will connect with a much wider variety of sounds, even the weirdest ones. There’s much more to music than pushing the overdrive pedal.

With love and affection

A pretentious music geek :mrgreen:
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

Romain wrote:P.S. : can I ask if these words "thou hath..." are specific to a certain american state, I have this feeling?
Haha, sorry about the confusion, it's just a play on outdated old English words. Similar to how Shakespeare would always write: "Wherefore art thou, Romeo?"
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

Setherex wrote:
Romain wrote:P.S. : can I ask if these words "thou hath..." are specific to a certain american state, I have this feeling?
Haha, sorry about the confusion, it's just a play on outdated old English words. Similar to how Shakespeare would always write: "Wherefore art thou, Romeo?"
It's not even gramatically valid.

"Hath" is for third person, as in "He hath no shame."

The correct form would be "Thou HAST..."
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

whuntva wrote:
Setherex wrote:
It's not even gramatically valid.

"Hath" is for third person, as in "He hath no shame."

The correct form would be "Thou HAST..."
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

Honorio, love that response and the thread. I'm not averse to that song like Kit (nor like some of those '90s bands (s)he likes), but despite being a fan of The Beatles, their "masterpiece" of a song makes me sleep.
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

Setherex wrote: Image
Hahaha... I perfectly understand the Shhhhhit on the other side. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the answer. "O'brother where art thou?" by the cohen brothers come to old english too? I always thinking it was a Texan/south way of speach.
Last edited by Romain on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zombeels
Different Class

Post by Zombeels »

01 | Lovely Rita
02 | Getting Better
03 | Fixing a Hole
04 | Good Morning Good Morning
05 | When I'm Sixty-Four
06 | A Day in the Life
08 | She's Leaving Home
09 | Within You Without You
10 | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
11 | With a Little Help from My Friends
13 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Last edited by Zombeels on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

1. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
2. A Day in the Life
3. With a Little Help from My Friends
4. Getting Better
5. She's Leaving Home
6. When I'm Sixty-Four
7. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
8. Within You Without You
9. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
10. Fixing a Hole
11. Lovely Rita
12. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (reprise)
13. Good Morning Good Morning
sonofsamiam
Feeling Good

Post by sonofsamiam »

1 | A Day in the Life
2 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
3 | She's Leaving Home
4 | Lovely Rita
5 | When I'm Sixty-Four
6 | Getting Better
7 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
8 | Good Morning Good Morning
9 | With a Little Help from My Friends
11 | Within You Without You
13 | Fixing a Hole
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

I remember the first time I listened to Sgt. Peppers, I had been moving through the Beatles discography in order, I loved it so much I didn't get further into it for another 7 months (which is a shame because MMT is excellent). I hadn't listened to Pepper's for a while, and it's shine is starting to fade, just a bit. Now it sits just a few places below Revolver; the first time it has not been my #1 Beatles album and the first time outside the Top 20 (at 24).

For some reason it kinda pains me that Lucy is #1. I quite like Life, and I think the Honorio summary of the song is fantastic, I'm not convinced of it's complete greatness though.

01 | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
02 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
03 | A Day in the Life

04 | When I'm Sixty-Four
05 | She's Leaving Home
06 | Within You Without You
07 | Lovely Rita
08 | Fixing a Hole
09 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
10 | With a Little Help from My Friends

11 | Getting Better
13 | Good Morning Good Morning
deadpacifist
Strange Fruit

Post by deadpacifist »

01 | A Day in the Life
02 | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
03 | Good Morning Good Morning
04 | With a Little Help from My Friends
05 | She's Leaving Home
06 | Lovely Rita
07 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
08 | Fixing a Hole
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
10 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
11 | Getting Better
12 | Within You Without You
13 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

I think this is worth sharing here:
References to “losing hair” and “wasting away” in The Beatles’ classic When I’m Sixty-four could be having a “detrimental” effect on the health of the elderly, researchers have said.
source: http://cyprus-mail.com/2016/03/08/beatl ... f-elderly/

What nonsense! Don't these researchers have more important things to research?
Toni
Different Class

Post by Toni »

01 | Lovely Rita
02 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
04 | She's Leaving Home
05 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
06 | Getting Better
07 | Fixing a Hole
08 | Good Morning Good Morning
09 | A Day in the Life
10 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
12 | When I'm Sixty-Four
13 | With a Little Help from My Friends
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

06 | She's Leaving Home
13 | A Day in the Life
04 | Getting Better
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
10 | Lovely Rita
05 | Fixing a Hole
Bruno
Shake Some Action

Post by Bruno »

13 | A Day in the Life
06 | She's Leaving Home
04 | Getting Better
05 | Fixing a Hole
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
10 | Lovely Rita
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

I just want to remind you to submit your votes if you already haven't, and please give Elvis Presley and Blue Lines some love before I upload their results up.
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

babydoll wrote:I just want to remind you to submit your votes if you already haven't, and please give Elvis Presley and Blue Lines some love before I upload their results up.
That, and I also wanted to MJ some love before Saturday.

01 | Billie Jean
02 | Beat It
03 | Wanna Be Startin' Something
04 | Thriller
05 | Human Nature
06 | The Lady in My Life
07 | The Girl Is Mine
08 | Baby Be Mine
09 | P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

I have to postpone the results until a missing vote becomes visible once again.
EmilienDelRey
Unquestionable Presence

Post by EmilienDelRey »

01 | A Day in the Life
02 | She's Leaving Home
03 | With a Little Help from My Friends
04 | Lovely Rita
05 | Getting Better
06 | When I'm Sixty-Four
07 | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
08 | Fixing a Hole
09 | Within You Without You
10 | Good Morning Good Morning
11 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
13 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Fred
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Fred »

01 | A Day in the Life
02 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
04 | Sgt. Peppers’ Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
05 | Sgt. Peppers’ Lonely Hearts Club Band [by a hair]
06 | Lovely Rita
07 | When I’m Sixty-Four
08 | She’s Leaving Home
09 | With a Little Help from my Friends
10 | Within You Without You
11 | Fixing a Hole
12 | Getting Better
Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Daniel »

1. Lovely Rita
2. Good Morning Good Morning
4. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
5. A Day in the Life
6. Getting Better
7. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
8. Fixing a Hole
9. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
10. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
11. When I'm Sixty-Four
12. Within You Without You
13. She's Leaving Home
Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Daniel »

whuntva wrote:I had this on my Google Drive for ages in anticipation.

A Day in the Life
Fixing a Hole
Within You Without You
When I’m Sixty-Four
She’s Leaving Home
Getting Better
Where would you rank "Lovely Rita"? :)
antonius
Movin' On Up

Post by antonius »

1 | A Day in the Life
2 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
3 | She's Leaving Home
13 | Fixing a Hole
5 | When I'm Sixty-Four
7 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
6 | Getting Better
4 | Lovely Rita
9 | With a Little Help from My Friends
8 | Good Morning Good Morning
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

Daniel wrote:
whuntva wrote:I had this on my Google Drive for ages in anticipation.

A Day in the Life
Fixing a Hole
Within You Without You
When I’m Sixty-Four
She’s Leaving Home
Getting Better
Where would you rank "Lovely Rita"? :)
Between When I'm Sixty Four and the title track.
NYSPORTSFAN
Debut

Post by NYSPORTSFAN »

I think rating Sgt. Pepper's presents a problem as "Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With A Little Help From My Friends" and "Sgt.Pepper Reprise/A Day In The Life" were designed to be one song each. The Abbey Road Medleys present a similar situation.
chevisan
Are You Experienced?

Post by chevisan »

13 | A Day in the Life
06 | She's Leaving Home
10 | Lovely Rita
05 | Fixing a Hole
04 | Getting Better
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

04 | Getting Better
13 | A Day in the Life
05 | Fixing a Hole
10 | Lovely Rita
06 | She's Leaving Home
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

1 | A Day in the Life
2 | With a Little Help from My Friends
3 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
4 | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
5 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
6 | She's Leaving Home
7 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
8 | Getting Better
9 | Lovely Rita
10 | When I'm Sixty-Four
11 | Fixing a Hole
12 | Within You Without You
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

1. Getting Better
2. A Day in the Life
4. When I'm Sixty-Four
5. Lovely Rita
6. She's Leaving Home
7. Fixing a Hole
8. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
9. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
10. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
11. Good Morning Good Morning
12. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
13. Within You Without You
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

In its total effect, my favorite Beatles album.

01 | A Day in the Life
02 | Getting Better
04 | She's Leaving Home
05 | Fixing a Hole
06 | When I'm Sixty-Four
07 | Within You Without You
08 | Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
09 | Lovely Rita
10 | With a Little Help from My Friends
13 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

13 | A Day in the Life*
06 | She's Leaving Home*
03 | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds*
07 | Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!*
05 | Fixing a Hole
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
04 | Getting Better
10 | Lovely Rita

Personal favorites *
Overall album rating: 8.42
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Post by bonnielaurel »

13 | A Day in the Life
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
06 | She's Leaving Home
04 | Getting Better
05 | Fixing a Hole
10 | Lovely Rita
IllumiThottie
Are You Experienced?

Post by IllumiThottie »

1. A Day in the Life
2. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
3. Within You Without You
4. Lovely Rita
5. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
6. With a Little Help From My Friends
7. Good Morning Good Morning
8. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
9. Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
10. She's Leaving Home
11. Getting Better
12. Fixing a Hole
13. When I'm Sixty-Four
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
13 | A Day in the Life
06 | She's Leaving Home
04 | Getting Better
05 | Fixing a Hole
10 | Lovely Rita
krendler
Are You Experienced?

Post by krendler »

13 | A Day in the Life
04 | Getting Better
06 | She's Leaving Home
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
10 | Lovely Rita
05 | Fixing a Hole
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

13 | A Day in the Life
05 | Fixing a Hole
06 | She's Leaving Home
10 | Lovely Rita
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four
04 | Getting Better
Kimijean
I'm New Here

Post by Kimijean »

13 | A Day in the Life
04 | Getting Better
06 | She's Leaving Home
05 | Fixing a Hole
10 | Lovely Rita
09 | When I'm Sixty-Four

The first two tracks here are amazing – way, WAY ahead of the others. But overall there's too much naff McCartney, and Lennon just seems out to lunch ...

Return to “Rank the tracks”