AMF Chart Week 13 2016

Vote for up to 10 of your favorite songs!

Poll ended at Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:07 pm

ANOHNI - "Drone Bomb Me"
5%
Bat for Lashes - "In God's House"
2%
Bruce Springsteen - "Meet Me in the City"
2%
Courtney Barnett - "Three Packs a Day"
8%
David Bowie - "Girl Loves Me"
6%
Esperanza Spalding - "Earth to Heaven"
2%
Grimes - "Artangels"
6%
The Hotelier - "Piano Player"
2%
Julianna Barwick - "Nebula"
4%
Kanye West - "Ultralight Beam"
5%
Kendrick Lamar - "untitled 01 08.19.2014."
6%
The Kills - "Doing It to Death"
5%
La Femme - "Sphynx"
5%
Lana Del Rey - "Music to Watch Boys To"
4%
Lucy Claire feat. Yori Kono - "Kawaita Tsuki / The Barren Moon"
2%
M83 - "Do It, Try It"
8%
PJ Harvey - "The Community of Hope"
6%
PJ Harvey - "The Wheel"
10%
Sunflower Bean - "Easier Said"
5%
Suede - "Outsiders"
5%

Total votes: 128

Setherex
Movin' On Up

AMF Chart Week 13 2016

Post by Setherex »

Welcome to Week 13 of the AMF Chart! The chart where even 10 votes may not be enough.

Here are your rankings for Week 12 (number of weeks on the chart so far in parentheses):
1. PJ Harvey - "The Wheel" (9)
2. ANOHNI - "Drone Bomb Me" (1)
3. Suede - "Outsiders" (2)
4. Kanye West - "Ultralight Beam" (5)
5. Courtney Barnett - "Three Packs a Day" (6)
6. Grimes - "Artangels" (8)
7. Kendrick Lamar - "untitled 01 08.19.2014." (1)
8. M83 - "Do It, Try It" (2)
8. PJ Harvey - "The Community of Hope" (2)
10. The Kills - "Doing It to Death" (2)
10. Lana Del Rey - "Music to Watch Boys To" (2)
12. case/lang/veirs - "Atomic Number" (3)
12. Mitski - "Your Best American Girl" (3)
14. Chairlift - "Moth to the Flame" (1)
14. The Last Shadow Puppets - "Everything You've Come to Expect" (1)
16. Daughter - "Alone / With You" (2)
17. Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman" (1)
17. Brood Ma - "Nrg Jynx (Daze End Version)" (1)
17. Låpsley - "Tell Me the Truth" (1)
20. KING - "The Right One" (1)
Total Votes: 130

The top 10 songs from last week's Chart went through to this week's. My primary concern with upping the votes to 10 per user wasn't entirely a concern, it was simply that little would change within our weekly rankings. I'm not sure if I was right or wrong with that notion at this point - recent newcomers ANOHNI and Suede are bringing in a lot of votes for themselves recently, more so than staples such as Grimes, Kanye and Kendrick. That isn't exactly an influx of new talent, but maybe that just makes the Chart more even towards our overall tastes in general. Time will tell, I suppose.

2016 Chart-Toppers by Week (by vote count, not chart position; total weeks atop chart in parentheses):
1. David Bowie - "Blackstar" (2)
2. David Bowie - "Blackstar" (3)
3. David Bowie - "Blackstar" (4)
4. David Bowie - "Blackstar" (5)
5. PJ Harvey - "The Wheel"
6. PJ Harvey - "The Wheel" (2)
7. PJ Harvey - "The Wheel" (3)
8. David Bowie - "Lazarus"
9. David Bowie - "Lazarus" (2)
10. PJ Harvey - "The Wheel" (4)
11. David Bowie - "Lazarus" (3)
11. PJ Harvey - "The Wheel" (5)

2016 Hall of Fame (10 weeks of advancing votes; automatically retired from chart):
David Bowie - "Lazarus" (Weeks 2 - 11)
Radiohead - "Spectre" (Weeks 2 - 11)
Savages - "Adore" (Weeks 2 - 11)

Here is this week's 20-song Spotify chart:

Here is your 2016 AMF Chart playlist of all songs on the chart so far this year:

Thank you all for voting and nominating continuously every week! Please don't be afraid to supply us with nominations - all songs six months old and younger (or who have received promotion via album/video/single in the last six months) are accepted! And seconding nominations by others gives those songs a better chance at making the next poll!

As per usual, the next poll will be created as close to Sunday at 19:00 UTC as I can make it. Best of voting! :D
Last edited by Setherex on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Re: AMF Chart Week 13 2016

Post by spiritualized »

Is it just me, or have we missed the last Massive Attack release at the end of January ? I don't seem to have seen anything about that release in the forums ?
If I look at the RYM song ratings, I nominate the least favorite track, but I like it, a return to form in my opinion :)

Massive Attack w/ Young Fathers - Voodoo in my Blood

Going to listen to the rest of the EP now !
TimmyWing
Different Class

Post by TimmyWing »

I nominate "Gardenia" by Iggy Pop and "Cabinet Man" by Lemon Demon.
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

I nominate :
Kinoko - L'étoile rouge
Oiseaux-Tempête - Quai de l'exil
Prince Rama - Slip into nevermore

And I seconded: Massive Attack - Voodoo in my blood
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

Miguel and Kacey Musgraves (go figure) - 'Waves' this collaboration works brilliantly!
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

A fairly unimportant notice: Kanye has updated the version of "Ultralight Beam" that is on Tidal very slightly. The choir and vocals for almost everyone has been mixed differently, some with reverb. There is also one additional Chance line in his verse, "no one can judge."

So technically, the song's version on the Chart has updated as well. Which has happened only once before (Jamie xx's "I Know There's Gonna Be Good Times).
Chambord
Let's Get It On

Post by Chambord »

Andrew Bird - Left Handed Kisses (ft. Fiona Apple)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwtWExDmoI

Fiona is ace in the video
JohnnyBGoode
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JohnnyBGoode »

Setherex wrote:
My primary concern with upping the votes to 10 per user wasn't entirely a concern, it was simply that little would change within our weekly rankings. I'm not sure if I was right or wrong with that notion at this point - recent newcomers ANOHNI and Suede are bringing in a lot of votes for themselves recently, more so than staples such as Grimes, Kanye and Kendrick. That isn't exactly an influx of new talent, but maybe that just makes the Chart more even towards our overall tastes in general. Time will tell, I suppose.
The only change I think is that the lower places now get more votes which hopefully at least encourages more people to continue nominating and so hopefully more variety for the playlist each week which can only be a good thing.

Think the main problem is multiple tracks from big albums that have been around a while and most people on here have probably heard (Grimes, Bowie etc., both of whom I love). Not really new music? Do we need to limit them/make it harder? At first I thought seconding nominations if, say a third/fourth track from an album, but that may only help bigger artists, and only further hinder those that continually get voted off 1st week, so not sure what the answer may be.
Last edited by JohnnyBGoode on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohnnyBGoode
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JohnnyBGoode »

Oh and I nominate Planet Sizes by Steve Mason
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

JohnnyBGoode wrote:
Setherex wrote:
My primary concern with upping the votes to 10 per user wasn't entirely a concern, it was simply that little would change within our weekly rankings. I'm not sure if I was right or wrong with that notion at this point - recent newcomers ANOHNI and Suede are bringing in a lot of votes for themselves recently, more so than staples such as Grimes, Kanye and Kendrick. That isn't exactly an influx of new talent, but maybe that just makes the Chart more even towards our overall tastes in general. Time will tell, I suppose.
The only change I think is that the lower places now get more votes which hopefully at least encourages more people to continue nominating and so hopefully more variety for the playlist each week which can only be a good thing.

Think the main problem is multiple tracks from big albums that have been around a while and most people on here have probably heard (Grimes, Bowie etc., both of whom I love). Not really new music? Do we need to limit them/make it harder? At first I thought seconding nominations if, say a third/fourth track from an album, but that may only help bigger artists, and only further hinder those that continually get voted off 1st week, so not sure what the answer may be.
I think five should to be the limit to hall-of-famers. If an album got five hall-of-famers, but six that didn't quite make it, I think that should be fine. Therefore five hall-of-famers should be okay as it will be quite rare.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

My weekly reminder to get your votes, nominations, and seconding nominations in before the new poll tomorrow! My noms for the week:

White Lung - "Kiss Me When I Bleed"
A.K. Paul - "Landcruisin'"
Steve Gunn - "Conditions Wild"
TimmyWing
Different Class

Post by TimmyWing »

Setherex wrote:A.K. Paul - "Landcruisin'"
Seconded.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”