2. Chromatics - Kill for Love
1. Alt-J – An Awesome Wave
Chilton
Different Class

Re: EOY 2012 - Humo (BE)

Post by Chilton »

Songs:
Link
Humo magazine released a online playlist with the 14 best songs of 2012. In the magazine, these songs are ranked and there's one more: Hot Chip at #11

1. Django Django - Skies Over Cairo
2. Tame Impala - Elephant (Todd Rundgren remix)
3. M.I.A. - Bad Girls
4. Spector - Chevy Thunder
5. Chromatics - Kill for Love
6. Howler - Wailing (Making Out)
7. Jake Bugg - Lightning Bolt
8. Alt-J - Fitzpleasure (Jim James Apple C remix)
9. Cat Power - Ruin
10. Kendrick Lamar ft. MC Eiht - m.A.A.d city
11. Hot Chip - Don't Deny Your Heart (Joe Goddard re-edit)
12. Cloud Nothings - Wasted Days
13. Grimes - Oblivion
14. Kanye West, Jay-Z and Big Sean - Clique
15. Major Lazer ft. Amber - Get Free
Last edited by Chilton on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

I'm slightly confused as to which of Peter Broderick's two 2012 albums is actually #20 on this list - the post here says it's http://www.itstartshear.com (yes, that's the album title), but These Walls of Mine is pictured on the Humo website. Please clarify this - thanks!
Chilton
Different Class

Post by Chilton »

Harold wrote:I'm slightly confused as to which of Peter Broderick's two 2012 albums is actually #20 on this list - the post here says it's http://www.itstartshear.com (yes, that's the album title), but These Walls of Mine is pictured on the Humo website. Please clarify this - thanks!
The accompanying message doesn't really clarify which album is the number 20. The 'Listen on iTunes'-button is a link to the itstartshear.com album, but the message comes with the album cover of "These Walls of Mine". Humo also mentions both albums in the article, naming itstartshear.com as the most "accessible" album of the two and "These Walls of Mine" the one with the best song on it (Proposed Solution to the Mystery of the Soul). Maybe it should be more correct to put both albums on #20?
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

Chilton wrote:
Harold wrote:I'm slightly confused as to which of Peter Broderick's two 2012 albums is actually #20 on this list - the post here says it's http://www.itstartshear.com (yes, that's the album title), but These Walls of Mine is pictured on the Humo website. Please clarify this - thanks!
The accompanying message doesn't really clarify which album is the number 20. The 'Listen on iTunes'-button is a link to the itstartshear.com album, but the message comes with the album cover of "These Walls of Mine". Humo also mentions both albums in the article, naming itstartshear.com as the most "accessible" album of the two and "These Walls of Mine" the one with the best song on it (Proposed Solution to the Mystery of the Soul). Maybe it should be more correct to put both albums on #20?
Exactly what I was thinking, and it's what I'll do. Thanks!
Chilton
Different Class

Post by Chilton »

Harold wrote:
Chilton wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking, and it's what I'll do. Thanks!
I bought the magazine today and, indeed, both albums are placed at #20. I also changed the songs list as they are now ranked. They also added Hot Chip at #11.

Return to “EOY 2012”