Spotify Personality Type

Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Spotify Personality Type

Post by Jirin »

In this year’s Wrapped, Spotify assigns you a listening personality type which works like Myers-Briggs. The four axes it uses:

Familiarity vs Exploration
Loyalty vs Variety
Timelessness vs Newness
Commonality vs Uniqueness

It gave me ENVU, “The Adventurer”, basically meaning I’m always looking for something new and different which is pretty accurate.
Henrik
Site Admin

Re: Spotify Personality Type

Post by Henrik »

ETVU - pleased with this result
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
slick
Movin' On Up

Post by slick »

The Adventurer - ENVU

169,165 minutes
195 genres
2,828 different artists
11,454 different songs
keater
Are You Experienced?

Post by keater »

I got ENVU.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I wonder how the average results of this forum would compare to the average results of the general population. You'd expect more EVUs here than anywhere else.
keater
Are You Experienced?

Post by keater »

If I had to guess, based off this: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2022-11-30 ... 2-wrapped/

And how relatively samey the Spotify global charts are, FTLU is probably the most frequent.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

slick wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:35 am The Adventurer - ENVU

169,165 minutes
195 genres
2,828 different artists
11,454 different songs
Wow, I only got 44 genres (only 20 000 minutes, 1331 artists and 3265 songs).
I'm also an adventurer, I agree with Jirin I'd guess we have more of that and time travelers (ETVU) than the average Spotify user.

Would put Moonbeam in the Deep Diver category though (FTVU) and I know a bunch of you can also play the same songs in a loop at times so we must have some people with the Loyalty over the Variety
nquoid
Wannabe

Post by nquoid »

FNVU

Despite listening to all the Mega Critic Chart albums for the year, I must have really doubled down on some old standards to get Familiarity rather than Exploration
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

I am also an adventurer and ENVU. That all makes sense on this forum .

My most played song was Pull Shapes by The Pipettes. Maybe it makes no sense to most of you that this really reached me only now, but so it goes sometimes.

My most listened to artist is Mitski, although I'd say it is Wolf Alice, who doesn't get a single mention anywhere. The reason I am sure is that throughout almost all of late October and complete November I listened to Wolf Alice beyond what is reasonable for me. Sadly, Spotify doesn't count November as part of the year, but how can you trust a service that thinks the year ends on November 30th?

I'm slightly disappointed about Mitski being no. 1. In other years I would be thrilled about it, but I actually found Laurel Hell a disappointment, with only three songs or so that I care about. I gave it more listens then it perhaps deserved because I wanted to get into it for a concert in the Summer. Sadly, that concert was ruined by the other attendees. I saw Mitski before in 2016 or 2017 with a regular indie crowd, but this time around there were suddenly mostly teenagers. And they screamed and screamed in ecstasy without rhyme or reason. Think of those Elvis or Beatles concerts with hysterical female fans. That was what this was. I like some crowd emotion, but this seemed to have little to do with the performance or music, which I found it hard to focus on. I thought this would happen at a Harry Styles concert or something, not with Mitski, but apparently Mitski has blown up on TikTok, which I don't use. It was a bizarre experience and I kind of hated it. Not Mitski's fault though, but I'd still rather remember 2022 for superb live performances by Mdou Moctar, Dry Cleaning, Parquet Courts, DeWolff, Angel Olsen and, yes, Wolf Alice.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

ENVU here as well, unsurprisingly. Agree that AM attendees (and most dedicated music listeners) will generally be ENVU or something very close to it.
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Post by bonnielaurel »

Ironically everybody seems to get the label "uniqueness".
De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”