New entries on Top 500+ (04) May 2021

Wisnu Tirta Aji
Different Class

New entries on Top 500+ (04) May 2021

Post by Wisnu Tirta Aji »

I'm sorry I never heard here since a pretty long time ago but thanks for all AM users because I'm still an AM user. For the fourth edition of Top 500+, the following are new entry songs on the fourth edition of Top 500+ along with reasons why they featured on this chart.

Holiday-related
• "for the rest of my life" by Maher Zain. Mostly due to Ramadhan, his songs start to be played on the radios.
• "god only knows" by The Beach Boys, their name usually always featured on Billboard's Hot 100 every Christmas not for their classics like this song but for their Christmas-related song. However, overall, their best release is given to their breakthrough studio album, pet sounds, which was including "god only knows" and making their style change from their early Surf Rock style with this album.
• "july morning" by Uriah Heep. Although this post was posted on May, someday, on my opinion, it gets viral on July. So, it is still fair to be featured on this chart.

Released and soon was a biggest hit single
• "love story" by Taylor Swift, previously featured on the first and the second edition with the original version but kicked out on the third edition due to poorly played on Top Hits. However, since the re-recorded version retitled "love story (taylor's version)" was popular soon, it reappeared on this chart, this time reaching #457 on the fourth edition.

The most favourable songs in the world
• "basket case" by Green Day. In my opinion, not only this song, but also their other songs received favourable by their fans. Since they proclaims their Punk Rock style, why their songs always received favourable? I don't know but only they knows why.
• "paranoid" by Black Sabbath. So, before "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf, Black Sabbath wants to proclaims their own Heavy Metal style by released every release including "paranoid". Although poor performance on Billboard's Hot 100, on the other hand, it successfully rocketed Heavy Metal into Pop markets after later bands praised Black Sabbath's music as their Heavy Metal inspiration. Making Black Sabbath as one of the most favourable bands in the world and also the most favourable Heavy Metal bands in the world.
• "skinny love" by Bon Iver, cited as their most favourable song, one of the most favourable songs for an Indie Rock song, as well as the most favourable song selected by some musical contestants. Cited as their most favourable song especially when it was covered by Birdy. Although it was a little bit less popular than Bon Iver's original version, Birdy's cover version still favourable for Top Hits and even included as well as the Bon Iver's original version on Top Hits' playlist.
• "smells like teen spirit" by Nirvana, become the very favourable song in the world, always liked by almost all the 1990s teenagers at that time.
• "the house of the rising sun" by The Animals, always reaching the highest position because their fans always like this song and sometimes make crossover by featured on some Rock lists.
• "toxic" by Britney Spears. From her songs since her first release, her most favourable song received well by her fans (and critics too) is given to this song. This song was also best known because when you dance, this song is the best choice.

The most played songs on Top Hits
• "heaven" by Los Lonely Boys, reaching #469 on the fourth edition because it was accidentally the most played song on Top Hits. Because not all Spanish-language songs never reaching the same success in English-language markets, Spanish-language songs hardly reaching the highest position as of English-language songs in some English-language song lists except Spanish-language song lists.
• "my whole world ended (the moment you left me)", it was accidentally the most played song on Top Hits. He was more known as a member of The Temptations, best known for their song "my girl".
• "pledging my love" by Johnny Ace. Although it's from the 1950s (actually released around the middle of the 1950s), this song is accidentally the most played song on Top Hits. It also more known because it was one of the first one-hit wonder songs in the middle of the 1950s before Billboard published Billboard's Hot 100 because it was his only entry there. Next, Johnny Ace more known on the R&B chart.
• "rumble" by Link Wray, sometimes always credited to Link Wray & His Ray Men. Although it's from the 1950s, this song is accidentally the most played song on Top Hits.
• "sandy" by Larry Hall, it was accidentally the most played song on Top Hits.
• "the adventure" by Angels & Airwaves, it is the most played song on Top Hits. It's not so surprise for this band because they are a side projects consists of some members of the most popular Pop Punk band named blink-182 (their song might be "i miss you").
• "tighten up" by Archie Bell & The Drells, it was accidentally the most played song on Top Hits. It's not the first time ever this song reaching the pretty highest position on a list because, if not wrong, this song also placed on similar list of "top 500 songs of all time" by Rolling Stone. On Top Hits, It reaching #485 on the fourth edition of Top 500+, a chart consists of 512 songs by 512 unique acts ("top 500 songs of all time" by Rolling Stone only published two editions, 2004 and 2010).

These songs supposedly featured on the first edition but never make it on this chart due to various reasons
• "i'm in love with you" by Joy Williams, supposedly featured on the first edition but never make it because she have no biggest hit singles until a cover of the Duran Duran song, "Ordinary World", and then "The Trouble with Wanting". However, it's "i'm in love with you" where at a time around the middle of the 2000s is one of her best known songs because it was the most played song on MySpace and received favourable by her fans. It featured on her album, genesis (not to be confused with the British Rock band of the same name featuring Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins).
• "kiss and say goodbye" by The Manhattans, supposedly featured on the first edition but never make it because it titled "kiss and say goodbye(1)" although no other version Top Hits played like the full 4-minute album version, the single version just shortened the coda but the spoken word intro remains.
• "love me like you mean it" by Kelsea Ballerini, supposedly featured on the first edition but never make it because "peter pan", if not wrong, by far better than her former song on Billboard's Hot 100 although her former song become her breakthrough single by sitting the top position of the Country chart.

This song is reaching higher on foreign charts than hometown chart
• "music" by John Miles. Although popular in the Netherlands, it also popular in his hometown the United Kingdom. So, in the Netherlands, that's why this song always reaching the highest position on all annual charts (the United Kingdom rarely held any annual charts like the Netherlands did). Similar to Black Sabbath, funnily, on Billboard's Hot 100, "music" received poor performance because, you know, John Miles want to released this song as a single in a full original near 6-minute version complete with simple lyrics, the "Disco" part near this song's end, and the "Heavy Metal" riff part near the middle, which was pretty unusual for any Pop songs at a time in 1976. However, because this song is pretty long, some radios want to shortened this song but some radios rarely played it because of the length of this song, which was resulted by reaching the lowest position of Billboard's Hot 100.

TikTok virals
• "arcade" by Duncan Laurence, previously never featured on Top Hits' playlist because this song is popular in almost all European countries and some countries around the world at first because of Eurovision Song Contest where he won this song contest as his Dutch entry there. Soon, around 2020 and the beginning of 2021, TikTok users popularized this song and later become more popular for countries where not related to Eurovision Song Contest there, heard by Top Hits itself and soon featured on its playlist.
• "runaway" by AURORA, if not wrong, first released in the middle of the 2010s, around 2014 and 2016, it was popularized in the beginning of 2021 when this song is used once again on TikTok. I don't know, accidentally, why both "arcade" and "runaway" was popular in TikTok while both featuring the phrase, "home", on the lyrics too? Are both lucky? Are TikTok users wants to use songs with "home" on the lyrics like "arcade" ("carrying home") and "runaway" (take the singer's home where she belong) as an entertainment while stay at home during unwillingful thing? Or something? I still don't know but once again only they knows why.

To prove the truth, click here.

Sincerely, thanks.
Director of Top Hits and also founder of Top 500 Radio Hits of All Time, now Top 500+ and soon grown up to Top 1000+.

Coming soon:
Top 1000+ Tournament Poll

Signature:
Top 1000+ Tournament Poll is the music version of election day.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”